Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Probably Petrie and Maxwell are not so stupid as to be taken in with all this pish about parallel leagues. It was never an issue when this all started. Now that the EOSL have gained a lot of clubs they seem to be trying to use their false sense of superiority and want to dictate to everyone else.
When it started they just wanted a handful of clubs to prop up their failing league. Instead of the big hitters of the East Region Juniors the got the minnows. They kept moving the closing date for applications until they eventually got their target clubs. The SJFA indicated that they wished to join and everyone said it was the right way forward. No mention then of any geographical overlap.
Now though?
Total smokescreen. They actually want the ERSJFA to fold and join the EOSL. So all those clubs will come under their rule.

Read TJ's email back when scumbag

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Oh look it's TJ himself saying that the EoS had a problem with the East dating all the way back to the very first PWG meeting since the SJFA begged to get into the pyramid

image.thumb.png.a44358f66a586c3511db13dd50c0e16d.png

Oh dear, TJ fails to mention the HFL/SLFL (SFA) boundary, which has yet to be agreed by anyone (including the SPFL). If Lochee Utd get licensed , they may not be best pleased (after winning the Club 42  play-offs),  when they are directed to the Highland League, instead of the Lowland League, who will not accept them under the current pyramid framework.

Brechin City aren't having are very good time at present, and could be relegated to SPFL Division 2. Also,  Montrose had a narrow escape from relegation a few years ago. Should these north of Tayside clubs subsequently become SPFL C-42 losers , there will an issue as to which of the two tier 5 leagues they are relegated into, unless the boundary issue is clarified fully/finally by the SFA, for tier 4 & 5 clubs beforehand.

It's a question which must be posed with RP at the impending EoSL meeting.   It is wake up time for the SFA !

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

Oh dear, TJ fails to mention the HFL/SLFL (SFA) boundary, which has yet to be agreed by anyone (including the SPFL). If Lochee Utd get licensed , they may not be best pleased (after winning the Club 42  play-offs),  when they are directed to the Highland League, instead of the Lowland League, who will not accept them under the current pyramid framework.

Brechin City aren't having are very good time at present, and could be relegated to SPFL Division 2. Also,  Montrose had a narrow escape from relegation a few years ago. Should these north of Tayside clubs subsequently become SPFL C-42 losers , there will an issue as to which of the two tier 5 leagues they are relegated into, unless the boundary issue is clarified fully/finally by the SFA, for tier 4 & 5 clubs beforehand.

It's a question which must be posed with RP at the impending EoSL meeting.   It is wake up time for the SFA !

Montrose Roselea choosing to play, and looking decent in the North Juniors too. Maybe a bit far off yet but they’ve set a precedent  

The proposal in question for those curious:

image.png.04e894d52d8c3c9bcd6df903dd6bf5ae.png
This is the proposal, notice how:
  1. there's bugger all under the Highland League
  2. they refer to it as a one year trial
  3. the fact that the SJFA East Super League will not exist next season

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Does that indicate a "junior East/West play off, the winner meeting the winner of the other. Effectively a bye to the p/o final for West juniors and EoS?

No, it's just how they've arranged the leagues for the chart.

The rest of the proposal is:

image.thumb.png.47672153d7a9b380de9830bad3e515ee.png

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No chance, its a farce having two rival leagues in one small area. How will the play off even work with the new east structure?

It's far from ideal, but I think we need to start thinking about damage limitation.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't think you can have a fixed playoff like that where it allows for a bye to any team.

I put bye in inverted commas deliberately. If West played East Juniors and EoS played SoS, the results would be fairly predictable.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not supporting the proposal.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I put bye in inverted commas deliberately. If West played East Juniors and EoS played SoS, the results would be fairly predictable.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not supporting the proposal.

I'm not sure there's an ideal format for just the one spot beyond the current two leagues head to head. Any of them present certain problems.

30 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's far from ideal, but I think we need to start thinking about damage limitation.

I totally agree we need to get West/SoS league sorted, but I can’t agree with this comment...

As far as the EoS/SoS are concerned, there’s nothing wrong. It’s the junior setup that have been left behind and are scrambling to get in the back door. However they sort it, no new teams should be entered at the same level as the EoS superleague, it would be totally unfair on the clubs in the new EoS premier who backed the project early on

Edited by Spyro

4 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I totally agree we need to get West/SoS league sorted, but I can’t agree with this comment...

As far as the EoS/SoS are concerned, there’s nothing wrong. It’s the junior setup that have been left behind and are scrambling to get in the back door. However they sort it, no new teams should be entered at the same level as the EoS superleague, it would be totally unfair on the clubs in the new EoS premier who backed the project early on

I've repeatedly said that there shouldn't be parallel divisions. I was speculating what might happen if the proposal was implemented.

15 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Definitely! I couldnt agree more. The top teams should form a LLwest and LLeast as a way to form consensus, a 16 team league with 2/3 relegation spaces, top eosl/ersjfa team from each conference and play off with second place, same with west!

LLWest aka West Premiership. LLEast aka EoS Premier.

After that sorting out all the divides becomes a lot easier.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've repeatedly said that there shouldn't be parallel divisions. I was speculating what might happen if the proposal was implemented.

Sorry my bad, still can’t get my head round the fact that they are actually going to pull this stunt, I think we agree that even an expansion of the SoS league like the EoS have done this season would be more fair