Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

16 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

There is no reason why PWG would be discussing club licencing, it's not their remit.  I'd take that with a pinch of salt at the moment.

I think probably the point was that spfl don't want more clubs licensed but they have too is probably what was said trying to compare it with us not having juniors in pyramid. Quite happy for the west but east is just silly

The word is that Rod Petrie is attending next Thursdays EoS meeting to speak to clubs about the SFA proposals that they have already rejected.  I hope someone can broadcast it live on Facebook, it would make compelling viewing.  Not sure what reception he’ll receive if he tries to spin the line that the plan is great and clubs should back it, hopefully he is attending to listen to concerns and take those away for a complete re-think.
Then again, it’s Rod Petrie.

6 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Well if correct, this is at least a positive step.    The meeting is an EoSL EGM, apparently being held on 25th April.

If it's an EGM it must have a stated purpose, do you know what that is ?

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

To discuss the three new applicants.  There is a scheduled meeting of clubs immediately afterwards, which is the one Petrie is apparently attending.

56 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

They should all just come together in one room strip to the waste and fight it out like men to see who will be going to lowland league royal rumble style

Personally I think BM and TJ would be more interesting

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I am guessing, but think its primary purpose would be to consider the 3 clubs which have applied. This may lead into a discussion (ahead of the EoSL's  AGM) regarding the league structure for 2019/20  (?)

They should all just come together in one room strip to the waste and fight it out like men to see who will be going to lowland league royal rumble style
Someone to pull a Hulk Hogan joins the NWO-esque heel turn imo

51 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Someone to pull a Hulk Hogan joins the NWO-esque heel turn imo

That would be Burnieman joining sjfa

The eos have invited Rod Petrie to their meeting. I have a copy of the email

It is so all clubs can ask him directly why in the face of them all rejecting the tier 6 proposal it is still going ahead. He has accepted the invitation.

Few more details on eos forum but not disturbing my sunshine break no more .

Cheers [emoji6]

29 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The eos have invited Rod Petrie to their meeting. I have a copy of the email

It is so all clubs can ask him directly why in the face of them all rejecting the tier 6 proposal it is still going ahead. He has accepted the invitation.

Few more details on eos forum but not disturbing my sunshine break no more .

Cheers emoji6.png

The bit in bold is not true going by the actual email and not your made up interpretation.

Okay the SFA still wants to impose its tier 6 proposal is the actual wording. I interpret that as it's still the actual only plan in play. Otherwise why would the eos want a direct meeting.

btw I repeat I am against the current proposals.

I'm for full amalgamation of both bodies. Line moved north. East junior champs to get place 16 in new premier league. Other juniors to be phased in like the eos did it this season in conferences seeded.

1 minute ago, superbigal said:

Okay the SFA still wants to impose its tier 6 proposal is the actual wording. I interpret that as it's still the actual only plan in play. Otherwise why would they want a chat ?

If Petrie and Maxwell can't see the stupidity of having a parallel league covering the same geographic area as the one presently within their own organisation, then their ignorance is far greater than just about lower league football.

If Petrie and Maxwell can't see the stupidity of having a parallel league covering the same geographic area as the one presently within their own organisation, then their ignorance is far greater than just about lower league football.
Probably Petrie and Maxwell are not so stupid as to be taken in with all this pish about parallel leagues. It was never an issue when this all started. Now that the EOSL have gained a lot of clubs they seem to be trying to use their false sense of superiority and want to dictate to everyone else.
When it started they just wanted a handful of clubs to prop up their failing league. Instead of the big hitters of the East Region Juniors the got the minnows. They kept moving the closing date for applications until they eventually got their target clubs. The SJFA indicated that they wished to join and everyone said it was the right way forward. No mention then of any geographical overlap.
Now though?
Total smokescreen. They actually want the ERSJFA to fold and join the EOSL. So all those clubs will come under their rule.

39 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Probably Petrie and Maxwell are not so stupid as to be taken in with all this pish about parallel leagues. It was never an issue when this all started. Now that the EOSL have gained a lot of clubs they seem to be trying to use their false sense of superiority and want to dictate to everyone else.
When it started they just wanted a handful of clubs to prop up their failing league. Instead of the big hitters of the East Region Juniors the got the minnows. They kept moving the closing date for applications until they eventually got their target clubs. The SJFA indicated that they wished to join and everyone said it was the right way forward. No mention then of any geographical overlap.
Now though?
Total smokescreen. They actually want the ERSJFA to fold and join the EOSL. So all those clubs will come under their rule.

It is what it is. I disagreed with the hurried formation of the LL and how it affected the EoSL and the juniors. A pyramid is the preferred option so the rump juniors have to join what exists already.

48 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

The SJFA indicated that they wished to join and everyone said it was the right way forward. No mention then of any geographical overlap.

Oh look it's TJ himself saying that the EoS had a problem with the East dating all the way back to the very first PWG meeting since the SJFA begged to get into the pyramid

image.thumb.png.a44358f66a586c3511db13dd50c0e16d.png