Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

21 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The SFA,SJFA and SoSL are all happy with how things have gone.

And you know this is factual I assume? (something other than meeting minutes.... These can always be interpreted about 10 ways at every meeting I have attended in many aspects of life) and can you direct me to the official statements dictating that each association is happy? 

- The SFA want a quick fix to say they have something that fits a pyramid system. (apparently regardless of how that impinges on any associations running policies and governance models) 

- the sjfa want their cake and to eat it, whilst deciding the songs to be played and food to be eaten and what time everything will take place at the party.... Simply because they now want to come to the party. 

- the sos haven't disagreed because it doesn't impact on their set up and governance. (promotion spot notwithstanding) 

You really do need some form of appropriate hobby. 

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

And you know this is factual I assume? (something other than meeting minutes.... These can always be interpreted about 10 ways at every meeting I have attended in many aspects of life) and can you direct me to the official statements dictating that each association is happy? 

- The SFA want a quick fix to say they have something that fits a pyramid system. (apparently regardless of how that impinges on any associations running policies and governance models) 

- the sjfa want their cake and to eat it, whilst deciding the songs to be played and food to be eaten and what time everything will take place at the party.... Simply because they now want to come to the party. 

- the sos haven't disagreed because it doesn't impact on their set up and governance. (promotion spot notwithstanding) 

You really do need some form of appropriate hobby. 

It is fact .

Unlike the tired old EoSL fed drivel.

6 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The SFA,SJFA and SoSL are all happy with how things have gone.

Discussions are continuing between the EoSL and the ERJFA, even though they can't resolve the boundary issue. For example, what happens if (say) Lochee Utd (or A N Other) were champions of the East Juniors at the end of next season, have already got licensed in the meantime,as  they won't be able to gain promotion to the Lowland League, even if they win the promotion payoffs. So, is it agreed by all the parties concerned, including the HFL,  that they would be promoted to the Highland League instead ? Or not at all ?

The 2 key components missing from the proposal to integrate the ERJFA en bloc at tier 6 are reaching an AGREEMENT about : (1) a change in the  HFL/SLFL boundary, which also needs to be supported by the SPFL clubs , and (2) acceptance by the Lowland League that they will allow clubs north of the Tay Bridge, to enter its league.  Apparently the Lowland clubs recently voted  unanimously (15-0) against the  suggestion, that clubs north of the Tay Bridge, could be admitted to its league.

Conversely (theoretically)  would the Highland League agree that if (say) a Fife Junior club decided to apply (next year) to join the HFL, they would be admitted (all other things being equal eg Licence & floodlights), or would the HFL clubs reject their application as they  are situated south of the Tay Bridge, and therefore the fall within the Lowland region ?

Sounds like the PWG needs to agree a long extension period,  which 'May' or 'May not' reach an agreement.

6 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Discussions are continuing between the EoSL and the ERJFA, even though they can't resolve the boundary issue. For example, what happens if (say) Lochee Utd (or A N Other) were champions of the East Juniors at the end of next season, have already got licensed in the meantime,as  they won't be able to gain promotion to the Lowland League, even if they win the promotion payoffs. So, is it agreed by all the parties concerned, including the HFL,  that they would be promoted to the Highland League instead ? Or not at all ?

The 2 key components missing from the proposal to integrate the ERJFA en bloc at tier 6 are reaching an AGREEMENT about : (1) a change in the  HFL/SLFL boundary, which also needs to be supported by the SPFL clubs , and (2) acceptance by the Lowland League that they will allow clubs north of the Tay Bridge, to enter its league.  Apparently the Lowland clubs recently voted  unanimously (15-0) against the  suggestion, that clubs north of the Tay Bridge, could be admitted to its league.

Conversely (theoretically)  would the Highland League agree that if (say) a Fife Junior club decided to apply (next year) to join the HFL, they would be admitted (all other things being equal eg Licence & floodlights), or would the HFL clubs reject their application as they  are situated south of the Tay Bridge, and therefore the fall within the Lowland region ?

Sounds like the PWG needs to agree a long extension period,  which 'May' or 'May not' reach an agreement.

None of the above stops the West Region joining the pyramid.

57 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Were we not saying the same things this time last year though ?

This time last year there were only going to be 13 clubs joining the EoS. The WoSFL was gaining some traction as an idea and the SJFA were running to the SFA begging to get in the pyramid.

Even the Lowland Super League was being touted as a solution due to the moves to the EoS.

Quite a bit has actually progressed since then.

1 hour ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

None of the above stops the West Region joining the pyramid.

KB :  I have said several times on this thread that :

* I fully support the West juniors joining the pyramid. Ideally in time for next season.

And in case anyone doubts my overall  views, I also  support  :

* the creation of an integrated SJFA North & East feeder league  (ie including the junior clubs north of the Tay Bridge), including a combined Aberdeenshire & North Tay Superleague 

* the integration of the other ERJFA clubs into the EoSL, probably by "conferences",  if these clubs transferred now in time for next season 

* West Lothian Junior clubs being given the choice of EITHER  transferring to the EoSL (as above) OR transferring to the WRJFA.

* a North Caledonian League feeder league for clubs in the Highland Region (yes they would join, if the North Juniors also  join)..

The above would mean a truly Scottish pyramid structure, which over time would evolve effectively in my opinion.  

And

Edited by Robert James

20 minutes ago, Robert James said:

* West Lothian Junior clubs being given the choice of EITHER  transferring to the EoSL (as above) OR transferring to the WRJFA.

Wouldn't that create the same overlap problem we're already trying to avoid?

4 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Wouldn't that create the same overlap problem we're already trying to avoid?

Yes it would, but they are both in the Lowland catchment area. The likes of Bonnyton Thistle and  Kello Rovers currently overlap, but these are individual clubs, not geographical leagues which conflict with the current Highland/Lowland boundary for the pyramid. 

Edited by Robert James
typo

9 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

It is fact .

Unlike the tired old EoSL fed drivel.

Enlighten me to where said fact is recorded and published officially? 

I ask this as I know wholeheartedly that it is not official. Unless of course you can post a link to it for us all to read and garner the 'inside' knowledge you seem to have.....I await the almost predictable response....... 

On 05/04/2019 at 18:09, Robert James said:

KB :  I have said several times on this thread that :

* I fully support the West juniors joining the pyramid. Ideally in time for next season.

And in case anyone doubts my overall  views, I also  support  :

* the creation of an integrated SJFA North & East feeder league  (ie including the junior clubs north of the Tay Bridge), including a combined Aberdeenshire & North Tay Superleague 

* the integration of the other ERJFA clubs into the EoSL, probably by "conferences",  if these clubs transferred now in time for next season 

* a North Caledonian League feeder league for clubs in the Highland Region (yes they would join, if the North Juniors also  join)..

The above would mean a truly Scottish pyramid structure, which over time would evolve effectively in my opinion.  

And

And....................it would be interesting to know which of the above 5 views, you support/don't support ?

On 05/04/2019 at 16:30, FairWeatherFan said:

This time last year there were only going to be 13 clubs joining the EoS. The WoSFL was gaining some traction as an idea and the SJFA were running to the SFA begging to get in the pyramid.

Even the Lowland Super League was being touted as a solution due to the moves to the EoS.

Quite a bit has actually progressed since then.

It has been reported on the "New Clubs in the EoS league" forum that 3 new clubs  have applied to join for next season  :

Glonrothes (juniors)

Glenrothes Strollers

Syngenta (Grangemouth)

Looks likely that there will be an EoS Premier League (16 clubs at tier 6) and 2 'conferences' at tier 7 level (12/13 clubs in each conference). 

Not sure why they bother nothing ever gets sorted, actually just use that statement for the SFA in general.
If there's one thing that truly unites Scottish football fans regardless of club, level, grade or location, it's the sure belief that the SFA couldn't run a tuck shop.