Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 hours ago, Vollyman said:

The SFA and the ERJFA have indicated that the south of Tay teams will be in the pyramid next season so why should they move to another league now that travel costs will be reduced and local games will attract better attendances.

So Tayport would be the only team in the pyramid from the proposed North Super league next season? How will that work?

16 hours ago, Vollyman said:

The SFA and the ERJFA have indicated that the south of Tay teams will be in the pyramid next season so why should they move to another league now that travel costs will be reduced and local games will attract better attendances.

Will there be better crowds?

Count me out of any Dale v Whitburn derby next season and I'm not the only one in the town that's said that.

Work with other Whitburn ladz and their not interested in this so called local "super league" either!!

So Tayport would be the only team in the pyramid from the proposed North Super league next season? How will that work?

I was answering a previous post where the poster was referring to South of Tay clubs all ERJFA is likely to be in pyramid next season

7 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Count me out of any Dale v Whitburn derby next season and I'm not the only one in the town that's said that.

Work with other Whitburn ladz and their not interested in this so called local "super league" either!!

If the ersjfa would simply ask their clubs if they would have any objections to filtering in underneath the eos Premier league, in more regionalised conferences, playing a wider range of sides, the whole pyramid debacle could be sorted overnight and both the East and west can filter over. I can't speak for the Tayside clubs, maybe a Tayside league as a separate association? They would of course, have no access to the LL under current criteria but could still be part of things. 

Whitburn will still get better attendances than playing against Dundee teams Armadale v Bathgate attendance last week was 225

The SFA have what is called the Non Professional Game Board, maybe they could pay more attention to it.
Personally i'd rather not see guys from pub fitba, Cove Rangers and Alloa Athletic sitting on an 8 person board with responsibility for the whole game. Bizarrely, TJ once sat on it.

Surely if you have a board with responsibility for the whole of Scottish football you would want representatives from the whole of Scottish football. Specifically on the Alloa Athletic representative I absolutely don't get why you wouldn't want a man who owns the best part time team in Scotland and is a very successful businessman (even if I profoundly disagree with him on a lot of points) on that board.

I work in a public body with a board and committee structure and it strikes me that many of the failings of the SFA will be failings of the executive rather than the board. Any board is only going to be as good as the executive that serves it. With the issue of club licensing and the cancellation of the meeting I would expect any competent executive to be meeting with the chair or deputy chair following the cancellation to discuss the agenda and any issues that require urgent action. There should then be either sufficient delegation of authority to deal with issues such as licensing applications or processes in place where the board could take decisions by correspondence.

I've long thought that the SFA Chief Executive shouldn't be a football figure but someone with experience of working with committees and getting things done in that structure. Unfortunately the press in this country would crucify the SFA if they ever made such an appointment.

42 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

I was answering a previous post where the poster was referring to South of Tay clubs all ERJFA is likely to be in pyramid next season

Is that what you're being told, because clearly there is no agreement for that to happen and very unlikely to be at this stage.

We're 2 months away from most leagues/associations agms and have no confirmed playoff format for promotion to the Lowland League or a public acknowledgment of how the HL/LL boundary will be treated.

I don't see any change to the EoS/SoS playoff for 2019/20.

Best bet for junior clubs is that they will be allowed to get licensed over the next year. And that causes its own problems when you look at how Banks O'dee & linlithgow were allowed to get licensed with no formal next step allowing them to continue out with the pyramid.

1 hour ago, Dink said:

Surely if you have a board with responsibility for the whole of Scottish football you would want representatives from the whole of Scottish football. Specifically on the Alloa Athletic representative I absolutely don't get why you wouldn't want a man who owns the best part time team in Scotland and is a very successful businessman (even if I profoundly disagree with him on a lot of points) on that board.

I work in a public body with a board and committee structure and it strikes me that many of the failings of the SFA will be failings of the executive rather than the board. Any board is only going to be as good as the executive that serves it. With the issue of club licensing and the cancellation of the meeting I would expect any competent executive to be meeting with the chair or deputy chair following the cancellation to discuss the agenda and any issues that require urgent action. There should then be either sufficient delegation of authority to deal with issues such as licensing applications or processes in place where the board could take decisions by correspondence.

I've long thought that the SFA Chief Executive shouldn't be a football figure but someone with experience of working with committees and getting things done in that structure. Unfortunately the press in this country would crucify the SFA if they ever made such an appointment.

Don't disagree with a lot of that, but there are still seats filled on the SFA Board by people who have done their time, or because it's their turn and not because they are capable of sitting on an Executive Board of a company and making difficult decisions.

5 hours ago, Vollyman said:

Whitburn will still get better attendances than playing against Dundee teams Armadale v Bathgate attendance last week was 225

That crowd certainly wouldn't have contained many from Bathgate in it vollyboy,their support is next to zero.

Sorry I know this “it’s a done deal” has been stated to SJFA clubs and it was in Maxwells email but I’ll be amazed if it happens for next season. It’s April now and the SFA haven’t had February’s meeting yet. The leagues starts in what July? Not a chance the SFA will have this sorted in time even if the leagues agreed they’ve not even announced it or moved the boundary.

Even if it were to happen the West Juniors would need to seriously sort out their fixtures Talbot have 14 games to play and a playoff would be late April early May. If the fixtures worked out the same they’d have a hell of a finish to the season to finish in time.

13 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Sorry I know this “it’s a done deal” has been stated to SJFA clubs and it was in Maxwells email but I’ll be amazed if it happens for next season. It’s April now and the SFA haven’t had February’s meeting yet. The leagues starts in what July? Not a chance the SFA will have this sorted in time even if the leagues agreed they’ve not even announced it or moved the boundary.

Even if it were to happen the West Juniors would need to seriously sort out their fixtures Talbot have 14 games to play and a playoff would be late April early May. If the fixtures worked out the same they’d have a hell of a finish to the season to finish in time.

The West is already meant to be starting earlier this year to accommodate being in the pyramid. Although someone was querying if that was official since clubs have to start planning preseason.

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The West is already meant to be starting earlier this year to accommodate being in the pyramid. Although someone was querying if that was official since clubs have to start planning preseason.

Good practice regardless though.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I understand that the West Region management are meeting tonight to discuss rules revision and fixtures for next season, and there is a General Meeting of the clubs on 25th April where hopefully the picture will be made a bit clearer to the clubs.

27 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I understand that the West Region management are meeting tonight to discuss rules revision and fixtures for next season, and there is a General Meeting of the clubs on 25th April where hopefully the picture will be made a bit clearer to the clubs.

Would the Cups be under review as well? I know they only changed things a year ago.

. Specifically on the Alloa Athletic representative I absolutely don't get why you wouldn't want a man who owns the best part time team in Scotland and is a very successful businessman (even if I profoundly disagree with him on a lot of points) on that board.

You don't want mulraney anywhere near a position of power in Scottish football, guys a fud.