Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Are Clydebank not looking forward to a big payout from this Clydebank v Lochee final that kilbowiebenches was telling us was going to happen :unsure2:

We’d probably make more from a groundhopper day. Regardless I think its fair to say the three best teams we’ve played (in my opinion) this year, Talbot, Hurlford and Largs are the rightful main contenders for the cup and deservedly so.

Nope, they wont do that either, the LL also have major issues with what was proposed, suspend the LL? get real.
 What happened to your guarantee that the West were in next season, where does that leave Clydebank given the members voted to join the pyramid next season? Maybe if the West told TJ to bolt and negotiated their own entry you might get somewhere.
If it is being suggested that the SFA Board will have to do something like that for Ian Maxwell and Tom Johnston to get what they want, it suggests that the SFA Board don't have the power to impose a solution.

1 hour ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

We can’t wait to beat shite like  Eyemouth  12-0.The people in Clydebank are salivating at the prospect :lol:

What a thing to say, that’s absolute fucking rubbish, it would be at least 14 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

‘Shite like eyemouth’? Cmon to f**k mate thats not what our club is about? Regardless of the fact we’re not going EOSL ‘shite like eyemouth’ said we were welcome last year, that takes a bit of decency and it should be shown back to them?

Thank you, but we’re used to being used as a negative example now :lol:

6 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Still entirely unclear to Clydebank share holders whats happening.. :(

Just putting this out there and apologies if its came up already in another of the 759 pages on this thread. But do you believe there is any chance the Bankies, or any other west juniors who may be growing impatient about getting into the Pyramid, might join the SoS instead? Sure, there would be cricket scores aplenty if that happened but as things stand it appears to be an easier route into the LL. And that's before considering the fact that joining the EoS next season means entering the pyramid at tier 7 at least, rather than the SoS at tier 6.

Besides, the SoS already has Bonnyton in Kilmarnock who are already outwith the traditional catchment area of the league.

If enough teams took this route could something similar to the east juniors exodus happen?

It's certainly not an ideal solution but it could it be one way ahead if the current impasse can't be resolved?

2 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:

Just putting this out there and apologies if its came up already in another of the 759 pages on this thread. But do you believe there is any chance the Bankies, or any other west juniors who may be growing impatient about getting into the Pyramid, might join the SoS instead? Sure, there would be cricket scores aplenty if that happened but as things stand it appears to be an easier route into the LL. And that's before considering the fact that joining the EoS next season means entering the pyramid at tier 7 at least, rather than the SoS at tier 6.

Besides, the SoS already has Bonnyton in Kilmarnock who are already outwith the traditional catchment area of the league.

If enough teams took this route could something similar to the east juniors exodus happen?

It's certainly not an ideal solution but it could it be one way ahead if the current impasse can't be resolved?

no chance, west region will move en masse.

I can’t see that happening, but if the west doesnt join next season and no significant progress is made then I predict a breakaway WOSL for 2021. As it stands just now it seems that most clubs believe TJ can get them into the pyramid.

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I can’t see that happening, but if the west doesnt join next season and no significant progress is made then I predict a breakaway WOSL for 2021. As it stands just now it seems that most clubs believe TJ can get them into the pyramid.

The West Region clubs have been told repeatedly that they are in the pyramid at tier 6 as of this summer, and that was as recently as the the last General Meeting of the clubs  at the end of January. There is another General Meeting coming up at the end of April, it'll be interesting to see what is said then.

I am, like many others on here, sceptical about how this is going to pan out. There are lots of questions still unanswered about how it is all going to work, and the radio silence coming from Hampden is (in my opinion) significant.

I have no doubt that several West Region clubs are just watching with interest to see what happens this summer and, if the pyramid promises fall through, then I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if moves for a breakaway WoSL start to happen a bit more openly. I don't think that would take till 2021 to set up, more likely for next summer 2020-21 season I would have thought.

But hopefully my scepticism is unfounded the pyramid promises are fulfilled this summer.

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You should be used as a positive example of a small place with a club at the heart of its community!

This, I find it disheartening how disrespectful some people are of smaller clubs, regardless of whether they are junior or senior. I was at Inverkeithing on Saturday, yes their standard of football and facilities were poor. But I spoke to some volunteers / committee members of the club and got a great impression. They are a new club and are working hard on improving things further. What they have already put up for the groundhop day was actually quite impressive for a club that's less than a year old. People there are working very hard to develop the club further, there was great enthusiasm with everyone I spoke to. All clubs that are run by hard working volunteers, but especially smaller ones, get my respect. These people are badly needed in Scottish football. Ultimately, they provide youth and adults of all levels with the chance to play football.

12 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:
14 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
Nope, they wont do that either, the LL also have major issues with what was proposed, suspend the LL? get real.
 What happened to your guarantee that the West were in next season, where does that leave Clydebank given the members voted to join the pyramid next season? Maybe if the West told TJ to bolt and negotiated their own entry you might get somewhere.

If it is being suggested that the SFA Board will have to do something like that for Ian Maxwell and Tom Johnston to get what they want, it suggests that the SFA Board don't have the power to impose a solution.

I have copied this from the SLFL Thread:

HibeeJibee   Posted February 16 (edited)

EDIT:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/lowland-league-membership-application-update/?rid=13929

From what I heard this afternoon - SFA wouldn't endorse such a rule change at this stage of the season, as it would materially effect what people thought they were playing for.

Golum   Posted April 01

The Deadline has now elapsed for membership meaning only Linlithgow ( licensed) could come up 

As the board seem so entrenched in abiding by rules and wording that means probably no promotion ?

Let's see then. Hm! Presumably the SFA Board and or Ian Maxwell and or Tom Johnston figure that it is not OK for the SLFL to adjust its' rules and regulations as this would, in the current circumstances, be a change made after the start of a season, meaning that clubs wouldn't know what they were playing for i.e. Goal Posts Moved during the course of a season. Nevertheless, it seems, that Moving the Goal Posts regarding Club Licencing is OK. I wonder what a half decent lawyer would make of that, let alone UEFA? 

Edited by Dev

17 minutes ago, Dev said:

I have copied this from the SLFL Thread:

HibeeJibee   Posted February 16 (edited)

EDIT:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/lowland-league-membership-application-update/?rid=13929

From what I heard this afternoon - SFA wouldn't endorse such a rule change at this stage of the season, as it would materially effect what people thought they were playing for.

Golum   Posted April 01

The Deadline has now elapsed for membership meaning only Linlithgow ( licensed) could come up 

As the board seem so entrenched in abiding by rules and wording that means probably no promotion ?

Let's see then. Hm! Presumably the SFA Board and or Ian Maxwell and or Tom Johnston figure that it is not OK for the SLFL to adjust its' rules and regulations as this would, in the current circumstances, be a change made after the start of a season, meaning that clubs wouldn't know what they were playing for i.e. Goal Posts Moved during the course of a season. Nevertheless, it seems, that Moving the Goal Posts regarding Club Licencing is OK. I wonder what a half decent lawyer would make of that, let alone UEFA? 

Going into the Kelty v LTHV games last year LTHV didn't have a license publicly by 31st March.

Those going to the games asked what the situation was & what was said is that LTHV would be fine for promotion.

Nothing about them having a license became public until early June when they were excluded from the Alex Jack Cup draw.

I don't know what the situation will be this year but based on that historical example I wouldn't rule anything out just yet.

There will most likely be a period of derogation for those who applied for their licence prior to the goalposts being moved. It wouldn't be a defensible decision not to. The sfa cant accept money from a club who are working to a set of criteria, have said club audited and then change the criteria and deny a licence, as I said that wouldn't stand up as defensible or reasonable. 

In terms of the sjfa at tier 6, the west is and always has been a penalty kick.... Over as a one in their current format. The east will always be an issue. There is no reason the ersjfa cant merge with tier 7 in the east other than self preservation. They can't expect to waltz in at the same tier as the current feeder league after committing absolutely nothing to the set up and organisation of the pyramid over the years. 

The other sticking point is the discipline side of things. The reason being that junior players are currently fined to subsidise a certain someone's wages for their full time position.... Sorry 'administration' charges..... If this was to continue a club and player would face no fines in the LL, eos or sos but if the club or player is relegated or move to an sjfa run league they would all of a sudden have such charges thrown their way because of self preservation.... Sorry 'administration fees'. Again, not a defensible or reasonable position. 

People can say the sfa have said they could manage the process, put simply, find the resource if you need it to fulfil your wish for a fair and parallel footballing pyramid. Don't just take the easy option because someone is jumping up and down in front of you saying they could do it for you and it would cost you nothing, in any walk of life that is a recipe for disaster. 

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You should be used as a positive example of a small place with a club at the heart of its community!

Absolutely correct.  Eyemouth United FC has  a great tradition, a decent fan base, and a pleasant ground to visit. 

When the draw for the Conferences was made last summer, I thought you were placed in the strongest group.  I'm not sure if you have a new manager yet, but stick with it, and things can only get better.

Best wishes for next season ! 

30 minutes ago, santheman said:

You forget that the mandate given to TJ from the clubs was that the SJFA  join the pyramid as an entity.

How hard would it actually be to stop issuing fines to comply with the SFA discipline rules

Joining  "the pyramid as an entity" has already been dropped by TJ & Co, as the North Region Juniors, have been quietly forgotten, and won't be joining the pyramid for next season. I thought that "all in or all out" was an SJFA red line.  Perhaps I am confused ?

Edited by Robert James
typo error