Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

There won’t be any different disciplinary rules.

LD confirmed that TJ had amended the SJFA Disciplinary Procedures to bring them into line with the Scottish FA’s Disciplinary Procedures. The only difference was that the SJFA would continue to issue fines. The Claims Process would also mirror the Scottish FA’s process and requires clubs to produce video evidence. LD mentioned that the SJFA process for Team Staff discipline was more severe than the Scottish FA. LD stated that she was more than happy with the progress made by SJFA and would continue to work with TJ where required.

Player's fines noted as the only difference between the SJFA ans SFA. Only to go on to note another disclipinary process being more severe in the SJFA compared to the SFA structure.

It was also mentioned on this thread that the fines are something that the clubs pay on behalf of the players. I don't know how severe these fines are but since they're supposed to be needed to finance the SJFA it must add up.

That's as things stood in January.

18 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Player's fines noted as the only difference between the SJFA ans SFA. Only to go on to note another disclipinary process being more severe in the SJFA compared to the SFA structure.

It was also mentioned on this thread that the fines are something that the clubs pay on behalf of the players. I don't know how severe these fines are but since they're supposed to be needed to finance the SJFA it must add up.

That's as things stood in January.

The fines are minimal but remember that someone has to administer discipline and the SFA have said they can’t.

Are they supposed to do it for nothing?

And before anyone says the EoSL do it for nothing,they dont because the SFA do theirs!

18 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The fines are minimal but remember that someone has to administer discipline and the SFA have said they can’t.

And before anyone says the EoSL do it for nothing,they dont because the SFA do theirs!

It's a difference.

2 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Not stirring the shite here but maybe somebody ITK can explain the details better. On the face of it, assuming (big assumption) the SFA have it organised, there’s not much for them to do. The ref punches a few codes in on the SFA Extranet and it all tots up automatically and generates a suspension list. The fact that the SJFA system involves collecting money adds another level surely? Although going by the ‘lack of staff’ argument, I suspect the reality is, the ref posts the form in to the SFA and somebody else does the boring data entry.

9 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

How are Kelty getting on these days?

Was up there not long ago fantastic set up great crowd and attendance the ground is fantastic I would say they are doing really well

4 minutes ago, Mr Prez said:

Was up there not long ago fantastic set up great crowd and attendance the ground is fantastic I would say they are doing really well

I’m sure Kelty will move up a League within the next few decades 

9 hours ago, gogsy said:

Still waiting on those colts teams that you promised were going into a league above Kelty, that was 2017 when you said that would happen wasn't it?:)

Seems to be in a trolling / fishing mood - has suggested on another thread there's no chance of EK or Cove beating Berwick / Albion Rovers in play off.

5 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Seems to be in a trolling / fishing mood - has suggested on another thread there's no chance of EK or Cove beating Berwick / Albion Rovers in play off.

East Kilbride v Cove Rangers will be another interesting test to see which of the Highland & Lowland League, is the stronger  ?  It will also be another chance to gauge the relative strengths of the bottom of the  SPFL and the top of the Pyramid.

To recap :

2014/15 Brora Rangers defeated Edinburgh City, but lost to Montrose

2015/16  Edinburgh City defeated Cove Rangers, and also defeated East Stirlingshire to join the SPFL

2016/17  East Kilbride defeated Buckie Thistle, but lost to Cowdenbeath (on penalties)

2017/18  Cove Rangers "easily" defeated  Spartans  2, but Cove lost 2-3 to Cowdenbeath

So it stands at  Highland  2  Lowland  2.

Both Cove and EK therefore have experience of the SPFL Club 42 Play-off Final.  Neither Albion Rovers, nor Berwick Rangers have any such experience, and the stakes are higher for them.  The outcome is too close to call in my view, and I won't personally be placing any bets.

6 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Having seen both EK and Albion recently I would say that there is not a lot between them. Albion have improved in the last few weeks so maybe swaying towards them slightly

19 minutes ago, santheman said:

Having seen both EK and Albion recently I would say that there is not a lot between them. Albion have improved in the last few weeks so maybe swaying towards them slightly

With the way things are going now, Berwick could easily finish bottom. And tbh, how they have been playing recently (except for their one recent win), I'd quite fancy EK to beat them (can't really judge the strength of Cove myself).

31 minutes ago, Robert James said:

The outcome is too close to call in my view, and I won't personally be placing any bets.

Pyramidistas should bet on the League Two side - if they win you make money, if they lose it means there's some movement in the pyramid :)

I expected a strong return but certainly not a whitewash. I guess that bodes the question, where do we all go now but back to the drawing board? 

38 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

I expected a strong return but certainly not a whitewash. I guess that bodes the question, where do we all go now but back to the drawing board? 

It is to the credit of the EoSL that the new clubs, which joined the league at the beginning of this season, seem to have fully embraced the seniors.

On Monday the EoSL is expected to announce how many new clubs have applied to join the league for next season. Assuming they follow their normal practice, they won't disclose the names of the applicant  clubs at this stage.

Edited by Robert James
typo error