Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Talking about the bickering does anyone doubt it was Burnieman conducting the "sack the board" chanting in San Marino

The 3,000 travelling support booed McLeish and chanted "sack the board" at the Scottish Football Association.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47688391

Edited by superbigal

22 minutes ago, superbigal said:

If you say so and I have no reason to doubt Mr Greenhorn's excellent contribution to those areas. 

However I do not think Mr Greenhorn has helped the EOS much in the PWG sub meetings. I still stand by my assertion he was either asleep on the job or did not comprehend what was on offer from the SFA. 

I also mentioned and I accept this was from a junior source,  that he was poorly portrayed even by the Eos Secretary Mr Baxter at the recent meeting with the East region. Again potentially just point scoring by Tom Johnston and not really helping matters along.  Just saying what i was told.

Unless anyone has their hands on the September minutes it's hard to know what was actually agreed.

It gets hand waved in the introduction to November which is then largely about disciplinary & registration.

In January it raises its head again. TJ waves it off as something that was already decided.

And yet they discuss the boundary and IM is forced to take it upon himself to propose a playoff. How can it all be decided if that's the case?

After months of meetings and discussions is this really the best they can come up with? A 4 league play off for one promotion place?

To be honest not surprised with anything that involves the SFA these days. The the fact they haven't got round to announcing if teams are now licensed or not is another farce and is a kick in the teeth for all the clubs that have worked hard to get their licence ready.

I take it they haven't even bothered to consider the potential implications? Are teams now free to pick whatever league & boundary they drop in to?

41 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

After months of meetings and discussions is this really the best they can come up with? A 4 league play off for one promotion place?

To be honest not surprised with anything that involves the SFA these days. The the fact they haven't got round to announcing if teams are now licensed or not is another farce and is a kick in the teeth for all the clubs that have worked hard to get their licence ready.

I take it they haven't even bothered to consider the potential implications? Are teams now free to pick whatever league & boundary they drop in to?

I think as longs they are licensed at the end of the season 

46 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Teams have been able to do that for a while BUT they are asked to specify where they will go if relegated before the season starts. 

If for example Kelty finished bottom of the LL this season its been said on here previously that they nominated a return to the EOS.

9 minutes ago, drs said:

Teams have been able to do that for a while BUT they are asked to specify where they will go if relegated before the season starts. 

If for example Kelty finished bottom of the LL this season its been said on here previously that they nominated a return to the EOS.

Is the other choice the SoS? I wonder if this preference is more aimed at clubs like Dalbeattie or maybe even East Kilbride who might want to play in the SoS for geographical reasons.

47 minutes ago, drs said:

I don’t think the teams have a say, I believe it is decided by the 3 leagues before the season starts?

6 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
7 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:
Is the other choice the SoS? I wonder if this preference is more aimed at clubs like Dalbeattie or maybe even East Kilbride who might want to play in the SoS for geographical reasons.

Or the WRsjfa.

Is that really the case? They could apply to join the WRJFA but that's not the same as being relegated to it.

They'd have to start in the bottom teir and as things stand have no chance to get back to the LL even if they made it to the super league and won it.

Edited by Cameron Wilson

Is that really the case? They could apply to join the WRJFA but that's not the same as being relegated to it.
They'd have to start in the bottom teir and as things stand have no chance to get back to the LL even if they made it to the super league and won it.
If a team in the West gets relegated from the Lowland then they would go into the top league of the West juniors. All the leagues are supposed to be in the pyramid after all.

No they wouldn't.

With all geographical areas covered relegation will become natural to the area you belong to. Clearly any choice/option will only be an issue where geography overlaps. I think the days of Threave or Dalbeattie being able to choose will go. You will clearly step down 1 league as in all relegation.

9 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
9 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:

If a team in the West gets relegated from the Lowland then they would go into the top league of the West juniors. All the leagues are supposed to be in the pyramid after all.

Thats always assuming that there will be a rule amendment proposed  to facilitate this.

12 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:

No they won't. The pyramid is exactly as it says on the tin. You climb towards the top, or you fall down the steps.

Within a few years Edusport Academy will (probably) be relegated to the West Superleague, as they are currently punching above their weight in the Lowland, which will undoubtedly become stronger once 3 or 4 Junior heavyweights are promoted to it. 

By the way, promotion will be compulsory for the likes of Talbot, Beith, Pollok, etc, when they are league champions, assuming they are licensed.  Also, if a Lowland League West,  is created the juniors will lose the majority of its superleague clubs who will move up to tier 5. This will undoubtedly strengthen the pyramid, which is good for Scottish football.

13 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:

The current LL rules say "The bottom club will be relegated to the League which will have been decided by the Boards of the three leagues prior to the start of each season."

Presumably this would be changed to four or five leagues if the West and East Juniors take part in the LL play-off. However there is no suggestion that Whitehill Welfare would have to join the bottom division of next season's EOS - so I don't see why it would be different for the WRJFA. Dalbeattie for example going to the WRJFA would be the first step to integrate the West and SOS.

No they won't. The pyramid is exactly as it says on the tin. You climb towards the top, or you fall down the steps. Within a few years Edusport Academy will (probably) be relegated to the West Superleague, as they are currently punching above their weight in the Lowland, which will undoubtedly become stronger once 3 or 4 Junior heavyweights are promoted to it. 

By the way, promotion will be compulsory for the likes of Talbot, Beith, Pollok, etc, when they are league champions, assuming they are licensed.  Also, if a Lowland League West,  is created the juniors will lose the majority of its superleague clubs who will move up to tier 5. This will undoubtedly strengthen the pyramid, which is good for Scottish football.

I think Robert James has hit it on the head.  

Expect to be proved woefully wrong lol

5 hours ago, superbigal said:

With all geographical areas covered relegation will become natural to the area you belong to. Clearly any choice/option will only be an issue where geography overlaps. I think the days of Threave or Dalbeattie being able to choose will go. You will clearly step down 1 league as in all relegation.

Kello Rovers to go to the SoSL ?   Bonnyton Thistle to the juniors, but at what tier ?

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They've barely just had a promotional playoff proposal. It's not clear relegation from the Lowland League has even been discussed.

Even the Highland League champions have to accept SPFL promotion if they win the play-offs. It's contractural.

It will be the same for clubs being relegated from the HFL,  IF tier 6  'feeder' leagues are established in the future.

Even the Highland League champions have to accept SPFL promotion if they win the play-offs. It's contractural.
It will be the same for clubs being relegated from the HFL,  IF tier 6  'feeder' leagues are established in the future.
There is little desire by some West Junior teams to go on at the minute. It'll be a gradual process

1 minute ago, Talbot 1978 said:
2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

There is little desire by some West Junior teams to go on at the minute. It'll be a gradual process

Surely not !

Fan pressure and player ambition, plus additional revenue opportunities, will drive the best junior clubs to  become licensed and win promotion. Plus gain Scottish Cup entry rights.

Assuming the West Juniors join the pyramid, I would speculate (based on the ex East Juniors) that by this time next year, around 10 clubs will have submitted applications with an eye to the future. Otherwise, why join the pyramid at all ?  

We can compare results 12 months from now, to see who is right !!