Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Ian Maxwell's comments in the leaked PWG minutes as to what would happen if the proposal was stalled for the wrong reasons suggested that the LL and EoS don't have an absolute veto on what happens next.

I can see why the EoS might feel somewhat aggrieved about no longer being the only east feeder, but LL opposition at this stage looks like pure self preservation society stuff. If west superleague clubs get serious about licensing and progression most of the LL outside the SoS catchment will eventually wind up at around tier 7 at best.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

I have had my say previously, West in as a tiered structure covering Glasgow and Ayrshire, the ersjfa mixed with current eosfl clubs (tier 7) under the Premier eosfl. 2 promotion spots to the LL with the eosfl, wrsjfa and sos playing off for both. 

That appears quite a straightforward solution but it wouldn't surprise me any if the final outcome was different to that. 

However, until someone gives everyone some form of official outcome, we are all guessing, speculating and submising..... From all sides of the argument. 

If we don't get this right at this stage, that will have been twice in 6 years that we have set up a flawed pyramid structure. Approaching this with a 'it will sort itself out eventually' outlook is potentially going to create more problems in the long term. 

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

Ian Maxwell's comments in the leaked PWG minutes as to what would happen if the proposal was stalled for the wrong reasons suggested that the LL and EoS don't have an absolute veto and what happens next.

I can see why the EoS might feel somewhat aggrieved about no longer being the only east feeder, but LL opposition at this stage looks like pure self preservation society stuff. If west superleague clubs get serious about licensing and progression most of the LL outside the SoS catchment will eventually wind up at around tier 7 at best.

Forget the fact that they aren't the only East feeder under this proposal. Their promotion prospects would be halved.

Ian Maxwell's comments in the leaked PWG minutes as to what would happen if the proposal was stalled for the wrong reasons suggested that the LL and EoS don't have an absolute veto on what happens next.
The SFA cannot force member leagues to accept major changes they consider detrimental to them. Colts into the SPFL should be a clear indicator of that. Rejected out of hand.

Maxwell's comments, if accurate, show the guy is completely out of his depth.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The LL clubs are affiliates of the eosfl and all began there, so I'd be surprised if they voted against their original league. 

Your next comment about the LL and west clubs suggests you may not have watched much LL football..... I'll give you the bottom 5 or 6 teams but the rest are more than capable of holding their own against the better clubs at the top end of the wrsjfa. (this is based on coaching in the LL for 2 years and watching games/players in both the LL and supeleagues East and west, not on one off cup results either way.) 

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Forget the fact that they aren't the only East feeder under this proposal. Their promotion prospects would be halved.

Really? If what's left of the ERSJFA is as weak as some EoS people claim, they will be as relevant as the SoS is when it comes to playoffs. Bottom line is either you want an all encompassing pyramid or you don't and right now the LL and EoS are looking like more of an obstacle than TJ and the SJFA from what I can see. Time for the SFA board to break the logjam.

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Really? If what's left of the ERSJFA is as weak as some EoS people claim, they will be as relevant as the SoS is when it comes to playoffs. Bottom line is either you want an all encompassing pyramid or you don't and right now the LL and EoS are looking like more of an obstacle than TJ and the SJFA from what I can see. Time for the SFA board to break the logjam.

Unless opportunist clubs start jumping back across looking for the easier pathway... that's where it becomes messy.

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Yes really, playoff against the SoS champion will be won the majority of the time by the EoS Champion but even in a two legged play-off the SoS champion would win occasionally.

On the other hand the EoS Champions are now being asked to be in a semi final play-off against West Premiership/East Super League/SoS champion and then a final against West Premiership/East Super League/SoS champion.

And why would the SJFA be an obstacle to a proposal where they lose nothing and gain everything?

The Lowland league has NOT objected at any point in the process afaik to the SFA proposal.

Question I have asked a few times is why they have been so quiet while the EOS has been dissenting ?

Reason because what is proposed does not really cause them undue hardship.  They  are again imo in self preservation mode.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Don't think it's tenable for there to be only one club promoted once the WRSJFA are involved, and if the SFA Board are about to override objections, they can also address that.

If that's the case then why didn't they propose it? The proposal is meant to be one promotion place contested amongst the EoS, SoS, West Premiership and East Super League champions in a play-off.

If they are willing to railroad that now with the EoS and LL supposedly against it, why haven't they thrown in the extra relegation spot from the Lowland League?

Reason because what is proposed does not really cause them undue hardship.  They  are again imo in self preservation mode.

I think the LL position is absolutely nothing to do with self preservation and absolutely everything to do with opposing a complete clusterf*ck of a proposal that has nothing whatsoever to do with the proper structuring of the game and everything to do with expediency and appeasement.

It has been said many, many times previously - accepting the WRSJFA in its entirety at Tier 6 and below is an eminently sensible proposition but a Tier 6 league in the east of the country already exists and that’s where the ERSJFA teams should go.....if they are south of the HL/LL dividing line. Anything else is a complete dereliction of duty on the part of Maxwell and the SFA.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Because we are still at the stage where they are trying to do things by consensus, and what will make it untenable moving forward is that the LL will want to change the pro/rel equation into the SPFL.

Still at the stage of building consensus nearly a year in and finding the same issues. I'm sure it'll work this time.

image.thumb.png.f26b903b67609487e026608e13c9a4ad.png

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Still at the stage of building consensus nearly a year in and finding the same issues. I'm sure it'll work this time.

...which is why it will be good if KilbowieBenches is right that the SFA Board can override stalling attempts that are made for the wrong reasons.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...which is why it will be good if KilbowieBenches is right that the SFA Board can override stalling attempts that are made for the wrong reasons.

I think it's more likely that the outgoing President (and potentially other outgoing Board members) will pass the buck to whoever take up the positions in June.

While Rod Petrie is meant to go unchallenged for the Presidency there's someone looking to fill that Vice-President spot and they might not won't want to piss off the existing LL and EoS members that will have voting rights at the AGM.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Utter shite. Sjfa are the problem absolute laughable comments