Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

As for minutes the PWG only met on 11th March. The might not actually exist yet.

The january minutes made it online before the November one did.

Sounds about right - a sign of how low priority this is for at least some of those involved.

12 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:

Sounds about right - a sign of how low priority this is for at least some of those involved.

Not really true.

All minutes revealed on here up to now have been leaked.

It is just that i was the 1st person to get "all available minutes".

What that meant is the November minutes came to the party and helped to clarify what was going on in January.

I will request if my source has March minutes or not and/or if they have been circulated.

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Not really true.

All minutes revealed on here up to now have been leaked.

It is just that i was the 1st person to get "all available minutes".

What that meant is the November minutes came to the party and helped to clarify what was going on in January.

I will request if my source has March minutes or not and/or if they have been circulated.

Thanks for the clarification Bigal. Just out of interest, did you not say on here recently that PWG minutes were public? Or did you mean only certain minutes from certain meetings? To me, "leaked" means that something became public which wasn't intended to be made public.

Edited by Cameron Wilson
careless

Thanks for the clarification Bigal. Just out of interest, did you not say on here recently that PWG minutes were public? Or did you mean only certain minutes from certain meetings? To me, "leaked" means that something became public which wasn't intended to be made public.
What I meant was that the only minutes that said private and confidential were from the eos board.

In my day minutes from any Management meetings were only available to the clubs concerned and not for public consumption.
If a club chose to reveal those minutes then that was their call.
That's how it should be too. I have no idea why so many people expect the minutes of private meetings to be made public.

9 minutes ago, Robert James said:

No, because we are waiting for a response from UEFA, who haven't yet received a protocol from the EU. 

You'd almost think the EU are occupied with something else at the moment...

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
7 minutes ago, santheman said:
In my day minutes from any Management meetings were only available to the clubs concerned and not for public consumption.

That's how it should be too. I have no idea why so many people expect the minutes of private meetings to be made public.

Keeps threads like this going I suppose

it amazes me in both cases brexit and JEXIT that people crash on with still trying to believe that what they are doing is right when its quite clearly not. Brexit is a collatoral mess and youve got people still trying to get it through. In Jexit case its clubs still trying to hang on to a tag Junior status. Its just mindboggling. The good of the game at stake and people think having a West Lothian League is the future come on. We do have the problem of tayside but the sfa need to decide what the border is and if thats the border it needs to be accepted if they are changing it then thats fine.  If they cant decide what to do with Tayside the solution is simple. Ersjfa operate the Tayside region until such times as they decide what is happening with it while the other 17 clubs merge into EOSFL conferences at tier 7.  The simplest of things and people have got to make it difficult.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:
1 hour ago, santheman said:

I think you make a fair point - private meetings are meant to be just that. However, generally speaking I think the default position here should be that meetings be public or at least a public record made available of what was discussed, unless there is a good reason not to. I do understand that there are certain circumstances where it might not be appropriate to talk about certain business openly. But if there is something which really needs to be kept private, individual items could be kept off the record. At the end of the day we are talking about the grassroots of Scottish football which is a matter of considerable public interest.

I think a good example of how more openness is needed is the Pyramid Working Group itself - it has been meeting since at least 2003, but it would appear that hardly anyone knew about this. If there was more open access to what they were doing and more awareness about what was going on, then it would increase the chance of getting more ideas and input to help push the game forward.

Too much of what goes on in Scottish football is conducted behind closed doors by dinosaurs in blazers. If there had been more openness from the start, I think there's a fair chance all of what has been talked about on this thread would have already been sorted out quite some time ago.

Edited by Cameron Wilson

10 hours ago, santheman said:

"You cannot be serious !"

This is football.    "Minutes, only available to the clubs concerned"  .  I suggest that you don't repeat your statement to Bonnyrigg and the other clubs, who are seeking SLL promotion, and/or an SFA Licence, as they haven't been told anything, and we are almost in April.  Several secret meetings later,  no Minutes and no SFA official announcements/updates, to the clubs concerned.

I'm not someone who usually complains, but this is appalling (mis)management IMO.