Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

13 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:

This state of affairs is totally unacceptable and highlights the SFA's obvious lack of leadership. It has been known for around a year now since the junior exodus began that there would be a significant number of teams applying for licensing, a fair number of which in order to be eligible for promotion to the LL. It's understandable if the SFA lack the capacity to deal with a large number of applicants at once, but it would be reasonably straightforward to prioritise them in such a way as to ensure teams with a chance of promotion would be dealt with first so no-one would end up being denied promotion because of red tape. It's not understandable that, around a month before EoS championship playoffs are to be played, the question of whether promotion will be at stake in these games or not remains unanswered.

It's also a big disrespect to clubs who joined the pyramid on the basis that it would offer them a clear pathway for progression. That pathway looks anything but clear right now. The situation as a whole as regards development the pyramid is fluid at the moment, and there are a lot of moving parts as to whether the east, west and north juniors will be incorporated next season, clearly this demands attention and time spent on it also. However, there can be no excuse for neglecting the LL and EoS which are already established inside the pyramid and thanks to the sound management of the EoS, it has been known long in advance what would need to be done at the end of this season.

There needs to be official word immediately on this, and also a clarification of the situation with floodlights - will clubs who applied before floodlights became a requirement be allowed a grace period to set them up? If not, what about the LL clubs who do not have them? Will they be given a grace period to install them before being relegated? 

It's a messy situation and clarity is urgently needed. Otherwise it's hardly an encouragement for junior clubs to join the rest of Scottish football.

100% spot on/agreed by me.  

9 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

So, it looks like TJ was right all along when all those years ago he told us all that the Pyramid was a flawed system.

When all is made clear regarding floodlights etc then we can pass comment on whether tj was right or not. 

The pyramid is flawed, because not every club that should be in it are in it and there are too many separate 'grades'. Once the juniors are on board we can all collectively make the changes we all know are required for it to be better for all..... 

2 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:

No news from the EoS / ERJ meeting and still no copy or summary of the last PWG meeting minutes.

Standards slipping on here lads...sort it out.

Could the standards still get any lower in this thread? :unsure:

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

....or the outcome fitted neither side's preferred agenda.

Could the SFA be delaying the overdue Club Licences announcement, pending an agreement between the EoSL and the ERJFA is reached, ?.    A sort of bargaining chip  ? 

Perhaps  "no new  licences will be confirmed until a pyramid agreement is reached between the seniors and juniors" ?  

8 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Could the SFA be delaying the overdue Club Licences announcement, pending an agreement between the EoSL and the ERJFA is reached, ?.    A sort of bargaining chip  ? 

Perhaps  "no new  licences will be confirmed until a pyramid agreement is reached between the seniors and juniors" ?  

It was said  following the March 11 pwg the next SFA board meeting isn't meant to be mid April. When that rolls around then you'll get your new licenses awarded.

The question is whether or not the Lowland League will accept an EoS champion licensed after March 31st or vacancy applications from those licensed after March 31st.

A way round this is simply to say those applications waiting to be accepted be the board will be backdated to when they were forwarded by the licensing committee.

4 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:

No news from the EoS / ERJ meeting and still no copy or summary of the last PWG meeting minutes.

Standards slipping on here lads...sort it out.

I hear that the EoSL delegates were left red faced when their secretary found out what had “actually”  been said at the PWG meetings!

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It was said  following the March 11 pwg the next SFA board meeting isn't meant to be mid April. When that rolls around then you'll get your new licenses awarded.

The question is whether or not the Lowland League will accept an EoS champion licensed after March 31st or vacancy applications from those licensed after March 31st.

A way round this is simply to say those applications waiting to be accepted be the board will be backdated to when they were forwarded by the licensing committee.

Did you mean to say......"isn't meant to be mid April" ?  Or is this a typo ?

I would imagine that the SLL will accept an EoS champion club after 31st March, but surely the SFA Board would hold its meeting before the SLL playoff matches take place ? Clubs and fans need to know where they stand, when these games take place, especially as there may be 2 promotion spots this season.

Backdating - yes I agree.  Where are the March PWG Minutes ?

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

Did you mean to say......"isn't meant to be mid April" ?  Or is this a typo ?

I would imagine that the SLL will accept an EoS champion club after 31st March, but surely the SFA Board would hold its meeting before the SLL playoff matches take place ? Clubs and fans need to know where they stand, when these games take place, especially as there may be 2 promotion spots this season.

Backdating - yes I agree.  Where are the March PWG Minutes ?

"Is meant to be to be mid April" I'll blame predictive text as I was on my phone.

As for minutes the PWG only met on 11th March. The might not actually exist yet.

The january minutes made it online before the November one did. Then the only reason the November minutes were published was because SuperBigAl posted them after a trip to Lochee United. Maybe do the same.