Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

59 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

If Bonnyrigg win the EOSL and do not have lights then they should not be granted entry to the LL. Sorry folks we have to move ahead and the club going up should be the club meeting SFA criteria. My club could win the Scottish Cup and West Premier Division but due to not having lights we will be refused entry to the Willy Hill. Swings and Roundabouts

You miss the point entirely.

Bonnyrigg (and a dozen or so other clubs) submitted their licensing applications in good faith, before the SFA 'moved the goalposts', by introducing floodlights into the licensing criteria, effective from 1st January 2019. Whilst I agree with floodlights being included as part of the licensing criteria, it is fundamentally wrong to apply the 2019 Licensing Rules, retrospectively. 

The SFA may NOT be intending to apply the new rules retrospectively, and have yet to consider the 'audits' for each club.  However, two and a half months have now gone by without a decision, which leaves Bonnyrigg, and other 2 EoS Conference winners, in a situation where in one months' time they will participate in the EoS play-offs, not knowing whether in addition to being crowned as EoS Champions for 2018/19, they may NOT (also) be eligible for promotion to the Lowland.

Regarding Talbot, I assume that you didn't submit a Licensing application before the end of 2018 ? So the situation is not the same. Good luck though when (if ?)  you do apply.

Edited by Robert James
typo error

6 hours ago, Robert James said:

Bonnyrigg (and a dozen or so other clubs) submitted their licensing applications in good faith, before the SFA 'moved the goalposts', by introducing floodlights into the licensing criteria, effective from 1st January 2019. Whilst I agree with floodlights being included as part of the licensing criteria, it is fundamentally wrong to apply the 2019 Licensing Rules, retrospectively. 

The SFA may NOT be intending to apply the new rules retrospectively, and have yet to consider the 'audits' for each club.  However, two and a half months have now gone by without a decision, which leaves Bonnyrigg, and other 2 EoS Conference winners, in a situation where in one months' time they will participate in the EoS play-offs, not knowing whether in addition to being crowned as EoS Champions for 2018/19, they may NOT (also) be eligible for promotion to the Lowland.

Regarding Talbot, I assume that you didn't submit a Licensing application before the end of 2018 ? So the situation is not the same. Good luck though when (if ?)  you do apply.

I would need to ask about that because I'm sure I heard the SFA were at our ground.

I believe that Bonnyrigg plan to get the floodlights in this summer so would have them I time for taking their place in the lowland league (if they get there).

I think it would be reasonable to have a derogation until the summer. Annan were allowed into the SFL on the proviso that they got floodlights up straight away

8 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

If Bonnyrigg win the EOSL and do not have lights then they should not be granted entry to the LL. Sorry folks we have to move ahead and the club going up should be the club meeting SFA criteria. My club could win the Scottish Cup and West Premier Division but due to not having lights we will be refused entry to the Willy Hill. Swings and Roundabouts

Floodlights have not become a demand for playing in the (senior) Scottish Cup, only for licensing. If you win the Junior Cup and/or West Premier Division, you will play in it again next season.

3 minutes ago, Marten said:

Floodlights have not become a demand for playing in the (senior) Scottish Cup, only for licensing. If you win the Junior Cup and/or West Premier Division, you will play in it again next season.

Good to hear this M8.

8 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

So I'm lead to believe

If floodlights became required for the Scottish Cup then at least nine teams would be prevented from playing in next season's competition, so I find it likely that will happen. Think the most they would do is require an alternative ground for teams without floodlights to play midweek matches.

Edited by Ginaro

If floodlights became required for the Scottish Cup then at least nine teams would be prevented from playing in next season's competition, so I find it likely that will happen. Think the most they would do is require an alternative ground for teams without floodlights to play midweek matches.

Kind of mocks the whole set up if you have to play at another ground. Progress Supposed by some? [emoji85]

Indeed pub teams with no lights that would have to play a replay against say Hearts in the afternoon of a midweek day really shouldn't be in the nation's biggest cup ;)

10 minutes ago, drs said:

Indeed pub teams with no lights that would have to play a replay against say Hearts in the afternoon of a midweek day really shouldn't be in the nation's biggest cup ;)

The pub team i think your refering to managed to draw an extra 4k fans attending Tynecastle than quarter final with Partick, same pub team knocked out Championship title challengers.I would say thats reason enough for this pub teams inclusion.The lights are coming, then maybe the bulb in your brain will light up with  them.

15 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

The pub team i think your refering to managed to draw an extra 4k fans attending Tynecastle than quarter final with Partick, same pub team knocked out Championship title challengers.I would say thats reason enough for this pub teams inclusion.The lights are coming, then maybe the bulb in your brain will light up with  them.

#seething

40 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

You can't compare a once-in-a-blue-moon David v Goliath match with a run-of-the-mill tie for two teams that have played each other regularly over the years. This isn't denigrating Talbot's achievement at all, just reality. Talbot have earned their place in the Scottish Cup via their on-the-field results, they've every right to be there. 

4 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

I would need to ask about that because I'm sure I heard the SFA were at our ground.

An interesting snippet of info that might explain who the unnamed applicant for licensing  from the west region could have been. If Talbot did that, an application from Cumnock would no doubt soon follow...

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

And if it was pre January 2019 then their application would be treated no differently to  all the other ones pending at that date. :)

Sounds right.

Are you suspecting that Talbot may have applied for a license before 1st January 2019 ?

3 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

You can't compare a once-in-a-blue-moon David v Goliath match with a run-of-the-mill tie for two teams that have played each other regularly over the years. This isn't denigrating Talbot's achievement at all, just reality. Talbot have earned their place in the Scottish Cup via their on-the-field results, they've every right to be there. 

Plenty neutrals like me went along because it was a Sunday and my team wasn’t playing. Who even bothers to look up the attendance in the next round after they’ve been knocked out anyway  :unsure2: