Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

13 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

It should be the same set up that's my point.

Why? It's clear that shoving them into a LL feeder creates bigger problems than it solves at a higher tier of the game, so other than salvaging the 'unity' of a former Junior setup what purpose does it serve Scottish football? 

Why? It's clear that shoving them into a LL feeder creates bigger problems than it solves at a higher tier of the game, so other than salvaging the 'unity' of a former Junior setup what purpose does it serve Scottish football? 

What's your solution out of interest?

I disagree.

If it works when a team is relegated from League 2 then I don't see the problem it working the other way.

Its about ensuring teams are sustainable in the long term. If the regions further down are more sensible than the North and south divide that's good for me.

If the HL aren't open to one in ten seasons allowing a promotion into their league (which I'm sure they'd be fine with) I'd be very surprised.

Even if Tayside was included in the LL I can only see one club making it to that level so it wouldn't cause much of an issue.

26 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

What's your solution out of interest?

There's already a functioning feeder league in LL East and South - the onus is on the remaining clubs outside the pyramid to set up one for the West.

The Highland League needs to be opened up at the bottom. The North Caledonian League can act as a feeder league for NW Highlands (it's highly unlikely to do anything other than receive teams in the near future anyway); all that's needed is an equivalent NE feeder. You could arguably split that one into two leagues either side of Aberdeen to have three feeder leagues going into the Highland League as well. 

There's no real problem here that won't be dealt with by the steady exodus of clubs south of the Tay into their appropriate feeder divisions over time. Redrawing everything on the back of a fag packet to bring in every club on its own terms tomorrow by contrast creates more and bigger problems than it solves. 

Edited by vikingTON

20 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I disagree.

If it works when a team is relegated from League 2 then I don't see the problem it working the other way.

It's funny that you should mention relegation from League Two; had Montrose had been relegated in their play-off against Brora, they'd have been papped into the Highland Leagues - no ifs, no buts, no whataboutery whatsoever. The same applies to Forfar, Brechin, Arbroath or - unlikely as it is - either Dundee club as well. There is no scope for those teams to pick and choose which regional league they want to be sent to, so the idea that the rules should work differently on the way up is absurd. 

Its about ensuring teams are sustainable in the long term. If the regions further down are more sensible than the North and south divide that's good for me.

Except that there's no evidence that Tayside teams would be unsustainable playing teams in Aberdeenshire as opposed to the likes of Tweedmouth on the English border. So there's no legitimate financial reason to change the boundaries then. 

If the HL aren't open to one in ten seasons allowing a promotion into their league (which I'm sure they'd be fine with) I'd be very surprised.

They wouldn't be open to a club choosing to take promotion into their league having played in the East of Scotland or any other Lowland feeder though. Why the hell would they when all of their member clubs stand to get papped into an entirely different feeder league?

And given the obvious weakness of the bottom half of the HL right now, it doesn't take much imagination to see a club choosing to game the system to ensure easy survival and consolidation in the Highland League rather than taking their chances in an increasingly congested and competitive Lowland League a decade down the line from here. 

Even if Tayside was included in the LL I can only see one club making it to that level so it wouldn't cause much of an issue.

By the same token then there's no point running a coach and horses through an already established league structure just for the sake of one team and a stack of permadiddies.

Edited by vikingTON

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

There's already a functioning feeder league in LL East and South - the onus is on the remaining clubs outside the pyramid to set up one for the West.

The Highland League needs to be opened up at the bottom. The North Caledonian League can act as a feeder league for NW Highlands (it's highly unlikely to do anything other than receive teams in the near future anyway); all that's needed is an equivalent NE feeder. You could arguably split that one into two leagues either side of Aberdeen to have three feeder leagues going into the Highland League as well. 

There's no real problem here that won't be dealt with by the steady exodus of clubs south of the Tay into their appropriate feeder divisions over time. Redrawing everything on the back of a fag packet to bring in every club on its own terms tomorrow by contrast creates more and bigger problems than it solves. 

So we have to just wait and hope it all works out in the end?  It might have to be that anyway, but personally I'd like to see the EoS and ERJFA see if they can find a workable solution.  "Everything" doesn't need to be re-drawn.

It really shouldn't be up to those two bodies to arbitrarily move the fundamental basis of regionalisation across the country, just because they're too impatient to let a better solution play out and desire 'unity' now.

It really shouldn't be up to those two bodies to arbitrarily move the fundamental basis of regionalisation across the country, just because they're too impatient to let a better solution play out and desire 'unity' now.

The ERJFA aren't impatient because as it stands they intend to continue and expand if they can, same as EoS, but EoS will veto them entering the pyramid as a competitor league and rightly so. Stalemate.

So we should just wait it out and watch an endless war of attrition rather than see if a sensible solution can be found?

I'd rather see the EoS and ERJFA get their heads together and see if they can fix it. They might not be able to, it may be out of their hands, but at least try.

21 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Just a thought, but you could just not click on this thread, you pair of fucking idiots

8 green dots for a potty mouth. Just shows you the braindead throbbers that polute this thread. I just made a comment about how poor the Juniors forum is and I'm dragged away to be tarred and feathered by the pyramid elite. That's why I rarely comment on this thread because if your not with them your heading for a red dot hell.

10 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

8 green dots for a potty mouth. Just shows you the braindead throbbers that polute this thread. I just made a comment about how poor the Juniors forum is and I'm dragged away to be tarred and feathered by the pyramid elite. That's why I rarely comment on this thread because if your not with them your heading for a red dot hell.

Have a greenie yourself. Now let the lads debate the future of junior football on the junior football, what is the future thread

6 minutes ago, gogsy said:

You called somebody a throbber yet you are moaning about getting called a f****** idiot. :)

I didn't swear though and.  A throbber is an animated graphical control element used to show that a computer program is performing an action in the background. In contrast to a progress bar, a throbber does not convey how much of the action has been completed.

10 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Have a greenie yourself. Now let the lads debate the future of junior football on the junior football, what is the future thread

Until something happens there's really nothing to debate. We could all put our idea's and suggestions to the fore but in all reality nothing really has happened. At this particular time I don't know if my club will be in the pyramid or the Juniors. Maybe if I do find out something then I could join in with the lads.

Guest brycey
6 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Until something happens there's really nothing to debate. We could all put our idea's and suggestions to the fore but in all reality nothing really has happened. At this particular time I don't know if my club will be in the pyramid or the Juniors. Maybe if I do find out something then I could join in with the lads.

pie and bovril is just a cleek now - you have to go with the flow - 740 pages of bollox lol

No? The EoS have been instrumental in getting the pyramid movement moving. It should be commended again that they are taking it even further.