Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

Tayport falls within the Fife local authority area so why should their proximity to Dundee count for anything then?  

What you're suggesting is simply replacing one form of arbitrary line-drawing with another that would throw up similar scenarios all over the place. The difference being that yours would make the existing regional divide even more lop-sided and therefore require another back of fag packet change to how the fifth tier works; a needlessly complicated effort to placate a handful of clubs who can't face the fact that being on the wrong side of the Tay marks a legitimate cut-off boundary in club football. 

The fact Tayport is in Fife is why I think there should be some flexibility in the system to allow Dundee and Angus clubs to choose either way. 

If the view from PGB is that broadly Dundee and Angus clubs should remain in the Highland League area then it would still be my view a flexible boundary would be better. I've suggested before that if maintaining a split along approximately the current line then the flexible areas should be:
That part of Fife located in the Tayplan Strategic Planning area, clubs: Tayport, St Andrew's, Newburgh
Perth and Kinross clubs: Jeanfield, Kinnoul, Scone, Luncarty, Blairgowrie, Coupar Angus, (Breadlabane)

So you'd still have 10-15 clubs who could pick which side of the divide they wanted to go on but they'd be a different set of 15 clubs. 

If you're moving the line to be around the current ERJFA boundaries then I am still of the view there needs to be some flexibility. Dundee and Angus seems the obvious flexible area but you could instead specify it to be the Arbroath / Montrose / Brechin area of Angus. 

Either way an absolute hard boundary line doesn't seem to be helpful to moving the debate forward in comparison to a more flexible approach. 

INdeed, I've now put the coward on ignore.
I'm shure when he supplies the evidence of his allegation then someone will quote it but until then......
No cowards here, if it makes you feel uncomfortable then that's up to you.
I'll stand by my opinions but it's enlightening to see that once anyone disagrees with the cartel, then the full Monty is deployed. [emoji1]

Talbot..I'm a long time lurker on P&B...I've been to 2 Junior games in my life. I became interested in this thread and Junior football in general when it became likely of moving into a pyramid.  (point being I am not a duplicate account and have no agenda other than being interested in football) I've also been on enough internet discussion boards for over 20 years of all topics to have seen it all in terms of trolling and meltdowns from posters (including 4chan - look it up / on 2nd thoughts dont)

The point I am just about to get to is that I sincerely think you should setp away from the keyboard and go out and do something else. I am geniuenly concerned for your well being. Mental health is a serious issue, others may take this as a p*ss take. But from your recent posts you are not thinking straight and reading way to much into peoples reason for posting here. As an example: Just because someone is proficient in posting screen shots and googling info when they should actually be working does not mean they are out to get you....

Please, You will feel better.

31 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

The fact Tayport is in Fife is why I think there should be some flexibility in the system to allow Dundee and Angus clubs to choose either way. 

If the view from PGB is that broadly Dundee and Angus clubs should remain in the Highland League area then it would still be my view a flexible boundary would be better. I've suggested before that if maintaining a split along approximately the current line then the flexible areas should be:
That part of Fife located in the Tayplan Strategic Planning area, clubs: Tayport, St Andrew's, Newburgh
Perth and Kinross clubs: Jeanfield, Kinnoul, Scone, Luncarty, Blairgowrie, Coupar Angus, (Breadlabane)

So you'd still have 10-15 clubs who could pick which side of the divide they wanted to go on but they'd be a different set of 15 clubs. 

If you're moving the line to be around the current ERJFA boundaries then I am still of the view there needs to be some flexibility. Dundee and Angus seems the obvious flexible area but you could instead specify it to be the Arbroath / Montrose / Brechin area of Angus. 

Either way an absolute hard boundary line doesn't seem to be helpful to moving the debate forward in comparison to a more flexible approach. 

I suppose the crux of it comes if the Professional Game Board are happy for the line to either be moved or be flexible. The HL and LL sit on this board as do the SPFL.  As I said elsewhere, I hope that one or both of the EoS/ERJFA have had this clarified otherwise if the answer is a resounding no, then there would be little point in talks.

Repeat from the other thread:

There has to be some form of negotiation (in other words give and take) and in my view any club in a revamped Eastern Scotland Regional League (or whatever new title is used) should be given the opportunity to be members of the SJFA if they desire which would give them access to the Junior Cup.

Edited by Pyramidic

2 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Repeat from the other thread:

There has to be some form of negotiation (in other words give and take) and in my view any club in a revamped Eastern Scotland Regional League (or whatever new title is used) should be given the opportunity to be members of the SJFA if they desire which would give them access to the Junior Cup.

WHy would they do that.  That causes more problems than it solves. As much as the Junior Cup was great we need to move forward not back. How could you have some teams in and not others. We play in the South Challenge cup now. The only way would be they played it on the same day as that

3 hours ago, Marten said:

Surely it makes more sense to just go with local authority boundaries? Perth & Kinross, Dundee City & Angus have a choice. Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen, Moray, Highland, Na h-Eileanan Siar, Orkney & Shetland go HL, the rest LL for example.

The problem is that LA boundaries get changed, by politicians who have nothing better to do.  They've been "restructured" at least twice since postcodes were introduced.

26 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

The problem is that LA boundaries get changed, by politicians who have nothing better to do.  They've been "restructured" at least twice since postcodes were introduced.

Fair enough, maybe even just change the rule that any clubs based within a certain distance north of the Tay boundary have the right to choose.

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Well the Highland League having equal promotion opportunity in future whilst covering 18 clubs (assuming no feeders happen in the north as nobody is interested), whilst the LL has 16 clubs with potentially 120+ clubs feeding into it is a little unbalanced don't you think? that's the reality.

Also, why do you keep asking on here about minutes, licencing etc, you should know by now that if any poster on here has access to that information and is minded to share it, then they will.  Fact is, you generally know as much as anyone else on here.

I wasn't being critical of your earlier post, as such, but as you will have gathered I am  primarily an HFL and NCL supporter. 

However, you ARE someone who has the ability to influence people, usually by being well informed, and sometimes by  other means !  The Highlands and Islands have successfully maintained senior football, against the odds of poor weather, remoteness, small population areas, etc, helped no doubt by a wee dram or more.   It is because of your"following" (as  someone on here referred to recently), that I would not like to see any threats to the status to these two leagues, or their clubs, although I did notice that in your post, you used the word "IF".

Keep posting............from Uncle Bob 

FOOTNOTE :  I am annoyed that the SFA has delayed an announcement about the 2018 licence applications., which is important to the clubs concerned, and their supporters. 

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

FOOTNOTE :  I am annoyed that the SFA has delayed an announcement about the 2018 licence applications., which is important to the clubs concerned, and their supporters. 

You're not alone in that believe me. As far as I am aware there has been no official confirmation from anyone as to the date of the SFA Board meeting so we just have to sit, wait and wonder.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You're not alone in that believe me. As far as I am aware there has been no official confirmation from anyone as to the date of the SFA Board meeting so we just have to sit, wait and wonder.

It could be argued that licensing is down to poor administration and/or a lack of awareness by the SFA. However the longer it drags on, the more the delay appears to be 'political'.  If so, why ?

2 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

Whilst I agree with your view about the boundary regarding Arbroath,  Montrose, and Brechin, plus the Forfar clubs, to separate them fromother Junior clubs in and around Dundee, would decimate what is left of the ERJFA, and I can't see the SPFL clubs agreeing to change it, even if the SFA did. 

Therefore IMO the boundary should remain at it is, with all of the north of Tayside clubs merging with those in the NRJFA to form a new integrated North/East Region. This merger, would result in a North & East Superleague, which would be much stronger than the separate north & east leagues are. Surely having games like Banks O'Dee v Lochee Utd, and Dundee North End v  Culter, would be very competitive (and popular with fans/players ?). 

When I was a kid in the 50's/60's, the football rivalry between Aberdeen and Dundee was intense, This was later enhanced by the emergence of Dundee Utd.  In my view the existing HFL/SLL boundary makes sense, and it gives balance to the pyramid's divide at tier 5, which is important for its future.  To me, clubs like Dundee East Craigie, Broughty Ferry, and Dundee Violet, being part of the Lowland Area, and playing in the SFA South Region Challenge Cup, just sounds wrong !  

The above merger would also be a positive change for the future of the SJFA , by providing a stable integrated Association, and a larger range of clubs across the north & east, at tier 6. of the pyramid,

Whack everyone in the lowland territory and worry about where Lochee might go later.

As it currently stands they'd be the team who stood a chance at a shot at the LL or HL.

IF they win the EoS Premier, then they go into the HL or LL. It wouldn't be a yearly event so I don't see the issue just now.

The priority should be uniting the teams under the pyramid.

Talbot..I'm a long time lurker on P&B...I've been to 2 Junior games in my life. I became interested in this thread and Junior football in general when it became likely of moving into a pyramid.  (point being I am not a duplicate account and have no agenda other than being interested in football) I've also been on enough internet discussion boards for over 20 years of all topics to have seen it all in terms of trolling and meltdowns from posters (including 4chan - look it up / on 2nd thoughts dont)
The point I am just about to get to is that I sincerely think you should setp away from the keyboard and go out and do something else. I am geniuenly concerned for your well being. Mental health is a serious issue, others may take this as a p*ss take. But from your recent posts you are not thinking straight and reading way to much into peoples reason for posting here. As an example: Just because someone is proficient in posting screen shots and googling info when they should actually be working does not mean they are out to get you....
Please, You will feel better.

I Thankyou for that but it's entertaining to see how many of the same few take a bite if they are called on their posts. [emoji1]

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Whack everyone in the lowland territory and worry about where Lochee might go later.

As it currently stands they'd be the team who stood a chance at a shot at the LL or HL.

IF they win the EoS Premier, then they go into the HL or LL. It wouldn't be a yearly event so I don't see the issue just now.

The priority should be uniting the teams under the pyramid.

Why should the Highland League accept a team being promoted into it from an entirely different regional setup? Would Turriff or some other relative bottom-feeder from the Aberdeenshire area get to take Lochee's place in the Lowland League; if not, where would they go in the setup instead?

The pyramid structure is already place: the priority should be maintaining that structure instead of letting some clubs run a coach and horses through it and lay a stack of problems in the future just for the sake of 'unity' now. 

36 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

I Thankyou for that but it's entertaining to see how many of the same few take a bite if they are called on their posts. emoji1.png

Dont worry they've all moved over onto the Fauldhouse thread to seethe over their refusal to join the EOSL Still hunting in packs it seems

Edited by santheman