Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, pheasant plucker said:

Aw man I’ve had more than enough o this thread. Goin to leave these pyramids to the anoraks and egyptologists

Spoke to a number of folk on Saturday who have given up with the Junior forum. It's a shame really because it was a vibrant forum with some good laughs. You just need to notice all the regulars who are missing....or booted off.

18 minutes ago, pheasant plucker said:

Aw man I’ve had more than enough o this thread. Goin to leave these pyramids to the anoraks and egyptologists

12 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Spoke to a number of folk on Saturday who have given up with the Junior forum. It's a shame really because it was a vibrant forum with some good laughs. You just need to notice all the regulars who are missing....or booted off.

Just a thought, but you could just not click on this thread, you pair of fucking idiots

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

The HL isn't a closed shop, just that nobody appears interested in applying.

IF, and it is an IF, Tayside teams end up in a LL feeder then it does call into question whether the HL deserve equal opportunity to access the SPFL as the LL, on the face of it they don't and that would need to change through time.

Long way to go before we get anywhere near to that stage though.

So the stable and strong Highland League, established  well over a hundred years ago, should/could be given a lesser pyramid  status, than the still 'fledgling/evolving' Lowland League, because a few junior clubs want the SFA boundary changed, to enable them to join an integrated pyramid !    

Back to reality please........ when will the PWG Minutes be circulated. I thought that they were not supposed to be confidential. We already have two significantly different views (rumours) from different posters on here, about the outcome. It would be informative to read them, before the 31st March 2019.

It would also be helpful to know the outcome of the (2018) Club  Licensing applications, as this is very important to the EoS clubs who are currently challenging for the promotion playoffs, to  the Lowland League, as I understand SLL member clubs, have to be licensed. 

12 hours ago, Marten said:

Premier division (16 teams, 1 division):
Top 10 EOS Premier
Top 2 ERJFA North Super
Top 2 ERJFA South Super
2 Champions EOS Conferences

First division (32 teams over a north & south division):
11-16 EOS Premier
3-9 ERJFA North Super
3-8 ERJFA South Super
2 Champions ERJFA Premier
2-6 EOS conferences + winner of a play-off between 7th placed teams

Second division (29 teams over a north & south division):
10 ERJFA North Super
9 ERJFA South Super
2-9 ERJFA North Premier
2-9 ERJFA South Premier
8-12 EOS conferences + loser of a play-off between 7th placed teams

While thoughts are being bandied about, mine would be that I simply can't imagine current EoSFL clubs would take too kindly to next seasons promotion spots from the Conferences being limited to just the winners of those two Conferences while the ERSJFA clubs see each of the top two sides from their North and South Super Leagues earning promotion. Six relegation spots from what is to be next seasons Tier 6 league is also unlikely to garner much, if any, support from those same EoSFL clubs. If things were to go the way of another 'pre-merger' season then only a single promotion spot from each of the ERSJFA Super leagues would be better, meaning two ERSJFA teams ascending to the 2020/21 Premier Division alongside two Tier 7 EoSFL teams, with only four relegation spots from the 2019/20 Premier Division.

Better still, perhaps, is for everyone to come together just as quickly as possible (if coming together is to happen, and fingers crossed it is!) and for next season to be just as this season was/is - seeded Conferences for all of Tier 7 wherby finishing positions determine where clubs will be for season 2020/21. Still some tricky permutations to be worked on for those Conferences and for promotion from them into the season 2020/21 Tier 6 Premier Division (i.e. four conferences of 15/16 teams with winners ascending to the Premier Division and then finishing positions below those winners determining Tier 7 and 8 positions for the rest? I know one promotion spot is frugal but it would be for a solitary transitional season) but, in my opinion, it seems an altogether fairer way to do things.

Still, I would imagine we might be a long way from these types of discussions yet but it's promising that the two protagonists are about to meet!

Edited by Black & Red Socks

If the boundary gets moved any further notth Oban and Fort William will be in the LL!

The problem is having a straight line marking north and south, and also building a pyramid bottom up. Much better to start with local leagues at the bottom and wok up.

Edited by honestly united

6 minutes ago, honestly united said:

If the boundary gets moved any further notth Oban and Fort William will be in the LL!

The problem is having a straight line marking north and south, and also building a pyramid bottom up. Much better to start with local leagues at the bottom and wok up.

If the boundary is moved to Montrose/Brechin, Fort William are still above it. Oban already are in LL catchment (Oban is same latitude as Perth).

This is an excellent question which I hoped JC would be able at some point to reply to, but it seems to have been lost in the noise.
Sorry lads took me 2 days to go through this. Like every manager I'm ambitious but I'm also realistic. I have a lengthy contract at fauldhouse which I'm grateful of for the support in my first job. What I can say is in the future it would need to be big job cause everything I have at Fauldhouse is superb. I know where yous are going regarding the question about the club progressing through leagues ect. What people need to understand is the junior set up is beneficial for fauldhouse financial wise and its future that's more important than individuals or leagues

Sorry lads took me 2 days to go through this. Like every manager I'm ambitious but I'm also realistic. I have a lengthy contract at fauldhouse which I'm grateful of for the support in my first job. What I can say is in the future it would need to be big job cause everything I have at Fauldhouse is superb. I know where yous are going regarding the question about the club progressing through leagues ect. What people need to understand is the junior set up is beneficial for fauldhouse financial wise and its future that's more important than individuals or leagues
A Very honest reply JC

You'll probably get sympathy and nods of understanding but I think the likes of Burnieman want change, and they want it yesterday.

A Very honest reply JC

You'll probably get sympathy and nods of understanding but I think the likes of Burnieman want change, and they want it yesterday.
Cheers mate.

Unfortunately we cant please everyone we have to do what's best for us as a club.

17 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Dont know struggled to beat us last year with a dodgy ref that sent 3 of our guys off on a monday night. and we have improved since then so go back to your tenement you junkie

Alan.....your thoughts re the south of Tay Juniors coming over to the EoSFL aren't too dissimilar to my own really, but you can't seriously think you can win people over with such an offensive tone to some of your posts do you? All you'll do is further entrench opinion when agreement and understanding of others viewpoints is the right and proper way forward. Really, calm down and put your views across rationally all the time and not just some of the time, that way you'll continue to help rather than hinder the debate.

19 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

A Very honest reply JC

Good morning Talbot 1978.

"Want change" .  Evolution or revolution....that is the debate/question on here. With this in mind......

Do you think that the West juniors (still) want to join the pyramid for 2019/20, as a whole group ?  Recently, there seems to be some dissenting posts on here, presumably from junior supporters, who now seem doubtful.  Ironically, 'senior' posters now seem to be united in their view that the West should join.

4 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Good morning Talbot 1978.

"Want change" .  Evolution or revolution....that is the debate/question on here. With this in mind......

Do you think that the West juniors (still) want to join the pyramid for 2019/20, as a whole group ?  Recently, there seems to be some dissenting posts on here, presumably from junior supporters, who now seem doubtful.  Ironically, 'senior' posters now seem to be united in their view that the West should join.

I don't see any reason why any West Region team would not want to join the pyramid, to be honest.

Good morning Talbot 1978."Want change" .  Evolution or revolution....that is the debate/question on here. With this in mind......

As you can see on here that officials and affiliates do actually read p&b.  The west juniors imo will probably migrate over the next few seasons. Discussions amongst officials will have probably been done on the quiet and now its just a waiting game.

I think evolution was the right thing but hijacked by a few on here as a revolution. I worry certain clubs will go to the wall at the expense of this.

Certain posters on here are pushing it purely for financial benefit to themselves. Too many well planned narratives, documents and pictures to suggest that this is just a point of view thread.

Whatever happens we (Talbot) will survive the outcome.

8 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

As you can see on here that officials and affiliates do actually read p&b.  The west juniors imo will probably migrate over the next few seasons. Discussions amongst officials will have probably been done on the quiet and now its just a waiting game.

I think evolution was the right thing but hijacked by a few on here as a revolution. I worry certain clubs will go to the wall at the expense of this.

Certain posters on here are pushing it purely for financial benefit to themselves. Too many well planned narratives, documents and pictures to suggest that this is just a point of view thread.

Whatever happens we (Talbot) will survive the outcome.

Appreciated and interesting. Best wishes, whatever happens. 

Just now, glensmad said:

They don't need them to join the pyramid, they are not required at tier 6.

Yes, but will clubs like Lok get planning permission for lights ?

And floodlights are expensive. Will weaker clubs be able to fund them,  in order to get a licence in the future ?