Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

50 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I posted up a couple of options a few months back, one with no Tayside clubs involved, one with, this is the one with;

TAYSIDE.pdf

Teams for illustrative purposes only.

This should be the goal for me, with decision on how we get there being the discussion at the meeting.  An excellent structure for all.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Ok, here's how it could look if the top 4 from the Superleague were integrated into EoS Premier (I'm not sure who the top 4 are so dont get hung up on names), hope this works.20190313_154406.jpg

Excellent and surely all associations and clubs would accept this 

31 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

The question with that set up is do you have 4 teams relegated from 16(too much in my opinion) or do you only have one guaranteed promotion spot from the north and south(too little).

I would only split the bottom tier. 

I'm not too sure there would be too much of an appetite for region wide leagues below Premier level if Tayside are to be involved, you could have Coldstream travelling to Forfar West End, and whilst I don't get too hung up on travel personally, that might be a bit of a stretch too far for divisions below the Premier. 

I'd relegate the bottom four out of the Premier and promote the top 2 from the North and South Champ.

Here's me getting far too ahead of myself :blink:

3 minutes ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Now this whole topic just got really stupid, well seeing Blackburn not in the cut for EOS premiership so BM happily going along with this bollocks, dumping 4 teams out the EOS Premiership is the worst thing heard yet.

Try and understand what is being discussed.

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I take it that set up would be SJFA free? If so that looks good to me. all teams in pyramid check :) no senior/junior divide check:)

Yes it needs to be SJFA free and run by an association that is an amalgamation of the current ersjfa and eosl for me under the sfa.  Due to increased workload  we may have to administer our own discipline in line with the current sfa procedures and there’s more fixtures to work out but am sure with the expertise in the current organisations coming together we can do this.  Aw at last a solution hopefully 

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

The EOS could take the HL approach where they schedule mid-week games using teams close geographically. They also have some designated catch up weekends at the tail end of the season where the longer catch up trips can take place.

I believe thats how it works but someone more familiar with the HL feel free to correct me.

Im not a fan of local games taking place midweek even though it cuts down travelling. Im sure clubs would rather have local derbies on a Saturday where they would get a bigger gate and maybe organise hospitality, to ask players to travel an hour to play midweek games isnt going to kill them

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Who first raised the idea of LL2? It wasn't the Strollers, it was the club currently in 2nd place.

BSC? Quite possibly the club with most to lose from Junior clubs getting higher up in the pyramid with competition for players. Makes sense for them to block off the Juniors by inserting another licensed level.

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

How does that work then marshy? What financial benefits accrue from being in the Lowland League?

Scottish Cup entry for a start, presumably increased sponsorship if anyone at the club has the faintest idea about marketing. Better chance to sign players over the competition if you're in a higher tier, which is what yet another licensed level would add.

1 minute ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Now this whole topic just got really stupid, well seeing Blackburn not in the cut for EOS premiership so BM happily going along with this bollocks, dumping 4 teams out the EOS Premiership is the worst thing heard yet.

You'd think there's not much chance of it happening this year. You'd maybe have to agree that this would be the 2020/21 structure to be comprised of the following clubs:

EOS Premier:
1-10 from 2019-20 EOS Premier
1-2 from 2019-20 ERJFA North Super
1-2 from 2019-20 ERJFA South Super
1 from 2019-20 EOS Conference A
1 from 2019-20 EOS Conference B

EOS Championship (x2):
11-16 from 2019 EOS Premier
3-8 from  ERJFA North Super
3-8 from ERJFA South Super
1-2 from ERJFA North Premier
1-2 from ERJFA South Premier
2-6 from EOS Conference A
2-6 from EOS Conference B

EOS League 1 (x2):
9-10 from  ERJFA North Super
9 from ERJFA South Super
3-9  from ERJFA North Premier
3-9 from ERJFA South Premier
7-14 from EOS Conference A
7-14 from EOS Conference B

54 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

I think this shows exactly what an enticing prospect merger between the EoSFL and the ERSJFA would be should talks indeed be so inclined and should they be conducted with such an aim in mind. A truly inclusive league structure that would properly befit the Pyramid and football in the east of the country, notwithstanding the major issue of HL/LL boundary line issues that would need to be solved concurrently. We may indeed be getting ahead of ourselves but I for one hope that this, or something very similar, is the goal of all who have committed to the EoSFL-ERSJFA meeting. Personally, I'd love to see it up and running for next season but it could be that another transitional season much like this seasons seeded conferences will be required to get to where we need to be with this for season 2020/21. Could there now be people of vision shining a light at the end of the tunnel?

Burnieman - you should share this on the EoSFL Pyramid thread too.

EoSFL-ERSJFA.jpg

all those leagues look good and well balanced, teams dropping out tier 6 still in a decent standard tier 7

Finally..... Some people with a shared agenda looking to sit and negotiate a best outcome for all......it didn't take long :-) 

Here is hoping both parties can reach a middle ground. What I would say is next year the eosfl will have a more sellable top league than the ersjfa, but there is no reason the ersjfa can't come on board with everyone else at tier 7 and then everyone can fight it out to get to the Premier and beyond. The west slots in as is.... And we can all move on..... Hopefully..... It only took about 1400 pages between two forums..... 

1 minute ago, Kemlin Dan said:

So the bigger picture is 4 teams who earned their Tier 6 place getting bounced to Tier 7? Or am i missing that part for the bigger picture of 100% amalgamation. 

Well, not for next season.  The illustration was how it could look for 2020-2021 and beyond.  They could agree a merger with top 12 of EoS Premier and top 4 of ERJFA Superleague forming the EoS Premier for 2020-2021, or something like that.

Finally..... Some people with a shared agenda looking to sit and negotiate a best outcome for all......it didn't take long :-) 
Here is hoping both parties can reach a middle ground. What I would say is next year the eosfl will have a more sellable top league than the ersjfa, but there is no reason the ersjfa can't come on board with everyone else at tier 7 and then everyone can fight it out to get to the Premier and beyond. The west slots in as is.... And we can all move on..... Hopefully..... It only took about 1400 pages between two forums..... 

Agreed that looks superb!

At least he is being constructive by putting forward a feasible proposition.The PWG has been in operation for 18 years and has been devoid of ideas which is scandalous.

At least he is being constructive by putting forward a feasible proposition.The PWG has been in operation for 18 years and has been devoid of ideas which is scandalous.
I was astounded to learn the PWG went as far back as that. I assume it was never a constant & only surfaced every few years to do nothing then repeat ad nauseam?