Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, superbigal said:

Carnoustie apparently won the Junior cup in Super League era. Not great in your eyes.   Your park was nothing short of a joke in the Juniors. That was the reason many clubs had to visit you midweek.

Stop slinging mud (from the pitch :P) at Tayside

Does that not tell you something pitch was a joke in the Juniors. It isn't now. Bo'ness are apparently going to be playing home games their for the rest of the season

38 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Alan I can assure you this would be the ERSJFAs Red Line.   Tayside clubs will not go North Fact.

Easy has nothing to do with it.   If the EOS did not "welcome the possibilty of accepting Tayside" then talks would last 10 seconds.

strikes me that people out with Tayside should go back to school and take a geography lesson. 

5 minutes ago, humphrey said:

strikes me that people out with Tayside should go back to school and take a geography lesson. 

You might want to go and research the HL/LL dividing line as it currently stands. Aberfeldy sits north of it = Highland League.

People are only talking about what is already in place as agreed by the SFA/SPFL/LL/HL.    That might change, it might not.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

You might want to go and research the HL/LL dividing line as it currently stands. Aberfeldy sits north of it = Highland League.

People are only talking about what is already in place as agreed by the SFA/SPFL/LL/HL.    That might change, it might not.

Ah I wondered what had rattled his cage.  I assume this is a Breadalbane reference ?  Humphrey take the Hump :angel

38 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

How does that work then marshy? What financial benefits accrue from being in the Lowland League?

Lowland League clubs are guaranteed a spot in Round 1 of the Scottish Cup, which has a large benefit attached in the shape of prize money.

19 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I posted up a couple of options a few months back, one with no Tayside clubs involved, one with, this is the one with; Teams for illustrative purposes only.

I think this shows exactly what an enticing prospect merger between the EoSFL and the ERSJFA would be should talks indeed be so inclined and should they be conducted with such an aim in mind. A truly inclusive league structure that would properly befit the Pyramid and football in the east of the country, notwithstanding the major issue of HL/LL boundary line issues that would need to be solved concurrently. We may indeed be getting ahead of ourselves but I for one hope that this, or something very similar, is the goal of all who have committed to the EoSFL-ERSJFA meeting. Personally, I'd love to see it up and running for next season but it could be that another transitional season much like this seasons seeded conferences will be required to get to where we need to be with this for season 2020/21. Could there now be people of vision shining a light at the end of the tunnel?

Burnieman - you should share this on the EoSFL Pyramid thread too.

EoSFL-ERSJFA.jpg

Edited by Black & Red Socks

Personally I would allow the Eastsuper winners a pass to club 16, instead of your best 6th place team as a gesture of goodwill.  IMO a true amalgamation needs to give the ErSJFA something tangible.

The rest I have always agreed with.

Edited by superbigal

7 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

I think this shows exactly what an enticing prospect merger between the EoSFL and the ERSJFA would be should talks indeed be so inclined and should they be conducted with such an aim in mind. A truly inclusive league structure that would properly befit the Pyramid and football in the east of the country, notwithstanding the major issue of HL/LL boundary line issues that would need to be solved concurrently. We may indeed be getting ahead of ourselves but I for one hope that this, or something very similar, is the goal of all who have committed to the EoSFL-ERSJFA meeting. Personally, I'd love to see it up and running for next season but it could be that another transitional season much like this seasons seeded conferences will be required to get to where we need to be with this for season 2020/21. Could there now be people of vision shining a light at the end of the tunnel?

EoSFL-ERSJFA.jpg

Lochee should be in the top division surely?

8 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

EoSFL-ERSJFA.jpg

The question with that set up is do you have 4 teams relegated from 16(too much in my opinion) or do you only have one guaranteed promotion spot from the north and south(too little).

I would only split the bottom tier. 

24 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Personally I would allow the Eastsuper winners a pass to club 16, instead of your best 6th place team as a gesture of goodwill.  IMO a true amalgamation needs to give the ErSJFA something tangible.

The rest I have always agreed with.

If the ERSJFA accept that the EOS Premier Division would be the tier 6 league then I'd say yes, allow the Superleague winners in as a gesture to our Lochee friend. :angel

It would only leave the LL/PWG to decide what to do with (licensed) Tayside teams who win the EOS, but they'd have a year to sort it. Then it would be a case of telling the SOS to merge with the West.

15 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

The question with that set up is do you have 4 teams relegated from 16(too much in my opinion) or do you only have one guaranteed promotion spot from the north and south(too little).

I would only split the bottom tier. 

You have a north/south play-off for the 2nd place teams (just like there will be at the end of this season) and then either relegate 14th automatically or have them play the winner.

Think to begin with, splitting at tier 7 would be better to bring everyone together.

Edited by Ginaro

19 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

How about the EOSFL and ERJFA jointly propose this solution for the HL/LL split:

Clubs whose home ground is located in the local authorities of Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire, Highland, Moray,  Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands and na h-Eileanan Siar shall be eligible for the Highland League. 

Clubs whose home ground is located in the local authorities of Argyll and Bute , City of Edinburgh, Clackmannanshire, Dumfries and Galloway, East Ayrshire, East Dunbartonshire, East Lothian, East Renfrewshire, Falkirk, Fife, Glasgow City, Inverclyde, Midlothian, North Ayrshire, North Lanarkshire, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire, Scottish Borders , South Ayrshire, South Lanarkshire, Stirling, West Dunbartonshire and West Lothian shall be eligible for the Lowland League. 

Clubs whose home ground is located in the local authorities of Angus and Dundee City  shall be eligible for both the Highland League and the Lowland League.

That would allow some flexibility for those such as Montrose Roselea who see their future in the north while allowing Breadalbane and the ERJFA Tayside teams to stay in LL area if that is what they prefer. 

It leads to an uneven split of population but if it is the only way to get all clubs into a single unified structure then in my view it would be a sacrifice worth making. 

Let go
Carnoustie apparently won the Junior cup in Super League era. Not great in your eyes.   Your park was nothing short of a joke in the Juniors. That was the reason many clubs had to visit you midweek.
Stop slinging mud (from the pitch [emoji14]) at Tayside
A district level Carnoustie at that

33 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

We know where it is. Start sending the fuckers to coldstream on a Tuesday night and they will soon f**k off

Well this is going well.

Has there been an outbreak of "get it up yeee!" in Camelon this week? Alan and FalkirkTV seem vehemntly opposed to new clubs joining the EoS.

Just now, Kilbowie Benches said:

Because they are probably a far better team than you that’s why!

Dont know struggled to beat us last year with a dodgy ref that sent 3 of our guys off on a monday night. and we have improved since then so go back to your tenement you junkie

1 minute ago, Jason King said:

Well this is going well.

Has there been an outbreak of "get it up yeee!" in Camelon this week? Alan and FalkirkTV seem vehemntly opposed to new clubs joining the EoS.

I disagree with him in regards to Syngenta and I'm only opposed to Tayside clubs joining. I want Fife and Lothians clubs in so hows that opposed to having new clubs in

Just now, AlanCamelonfan said:

Dont know struggled to beat us last year with a dodgy ref that sent 3 of our guys off on a monday night. and we have improved since then so go back to your tenement you junkie

:jerry :jerry :jerry :jerry

Dear me, we know you have a point of view but at least try and be civil, its not asking much.