Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Completely agree re the likes of Whitehill Welfare. Several fans of those clubs are very quick to put the boot into Junior clubs for self-preservation or not looking at the bigger picture, yet when it comes to their own clubs the sole aim is to milk as much cash out of the system as they can before the ex-Juniors take over.

What other clubs are you calling out here?

1 hour ago, Fife Journeyman said:

I get your trying to protect your club but 1 season in EOS tier 7 your travelling wouldnt be severe , get promotion and you are in a very good league with decent travelling supports and local opponents. 

if you think playing Bathgate,Pumpherston and Whitburn 3 times a year and beating Lochee in a playoff for Scottish Cup entry is the way to go then good luck to you

What  if the SFA say from season 2020 no team can enter the Scottish Cup without floodlights, That rules out every junior club in the south except Bathgate and Rosyth.

Short term for a season or two yes will probably benefit you but medium to long term i think its the wrong decision. time will tell

It is up to the junior clubs concerned to determine their future.  According to posters above, the new structural proposals, seem to have been welcomed by the east junior clubs.

At the moment, it is not known how many additional clubs  will join the EoS for next season, but it looks like a minimum of 3, namely Glenrothes, Glenrothes Strollers, and Syngenta, with a possibility of 2 more clubs who are apparently considering their future: one amateur & one junior, but may not join.  (It is not appropriate to name them at this stage).

The newly proposed ERJFA structure may work for the clubs concerned (reduced costs, more derbies, player preferences, etc). If not, there will be further changes for 2020/21. In particular, the north of Tayside boundary problem (whatever the outcome) needs to be resolved by the SFA at some stage, and the West Lothian juniors' situation, looks 'odd' jn my opinion. Two of these clubs, Fauldhouse Utd & Whitburn, were referred to in the Scottish Football Almanac (2018/19 edition) as being "rumoured to be seeking a move to the West Region."  Perhaps this is just media gossip/speculation ?

However, if either Albion Rovers or Berwick Rangers lose in the SPFL relegation play-off, and are defeated by the Highland League champions (Cove Rangers, Brora Rangers or Fraserburgh), the Lowland League will need to accommodate one of them, by relegating an additional club to the EoS. 

It also seems clear that Clydebank will remain in the West pyramid feeder league, unless it isn't set up. Therefore the EoS looks like having 40-42 clubs next season. One Tier 6 Premier division, and 2 geographical (north & south) divisions at Tier 7 level, assuming of course that there is no late rush of additional EoS applicants for 2019/20.

The overall situation remains fluid.  

3 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Not disagreeing with you Marten but don't underestimate the power of social media especially when certain people may see a possibility of financial gain.  The pyramid mafia in here with its leader being BM is overbearing. I've seen posters over the past few months berated derided and put down very quickly if they had a difference of opinion to the potential new set up.

Agreed that he's a bit full-on AND the idea that the game you love is changing is understandably upsetting for you BUT to say it's all down to the persuasive powers of an online football forum is just mental imo.

Agreed that he's a bit full-on AND the idea that the game you love is changing is understandably upsetting for you BUT to say it's all down to the persuasive powers of an online football forum is just mental imo.

I said it's contributed, that's my opinion. Where did I say it's all down to it?

Scaremongering has being doing the rounds for years. This isn't any difference

14 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I think marshy is just having a wee dig at Whitehill Welfare so that one of that clubs supporters responds, its sort of an ongoing red dot "battle" between the two.

To be fair it was me that used them as an example.  Will be plenty more self preservation in action I suspect over next couple of months.

Whitehill should embrace relegation to the EOS Premier if that is where they deserve to be.

If they then got Relegated to an EOS region because they are worse than Newtongrange, Dunbar etc then great the pyramid is working.

Edited by superbigal

15 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

What other clubs are you calling out here?

Which club set up the LL2 Working Group, presumably to set up another Lowland region wide league which would require a licence? That's an exercise in self-preservation above anything else.

11 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

He didn't say it was ALL down to social media but it plays a part.

BM is well known in the West for his P&B views so a lot of club officials do look in here without necessarily posting anything.

Whether what they read on here influences their thinking is obviously  open to debate.

3 minutes ago, santheman said:

He didn't say it was ALL down to social media but it plays a part.

BM is well known in the West for his P&B views so a lot of club officials do look in here without necessarily posting anything.

Whether what they read on here influences their thinking is obviously  open to debate.

With respect, I find this post even more mental!

13 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Which club set up the LL2 Working Group, presumably to set up another Lowland region wide league which would require a licence? That's an exercise in self-preservation above anything else.

Civil Service Strollers.

And a LL2 unpicks all the mess around 4 feeders for one promotion spot that the SJFA & SOS are happy to indulge as it keeps them largely intact.

Civil Service Strollers.
And a LL2 unpicks all the mess around 4 feeders for one promotion spot that the SJFA & SOS are happy to indulge as it keeps them largely intact.

Also as far as I'm aware it was never stated LL2 would require licensing.

With respect, I find this post even more mental!
Totally. I wish people would move on past who is actually making the post, and comment on what's being said without it becoming personal like some are keen to do.

I didn't realise I had a readership [emoji23]

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Civil Service Strollers.

Know what would unpick it even better? More relegation spots from the existing LL.

Ask you pals at the EoSL/LL if the West Region will be in the pyramid from next season.
If they are then great, nobody has an objection to that, it's not what I'm hearing though.

Could be wrong of course. Are you saying it's a done deal, you weren't saying that yesterday.

15 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If they are then great, nobody has an objection to that, it's not what I'm hearing though.

Could be wrong of course. Are you saying it's a done deal, you weren't saying that yesterday.

It really should be easier for the EOS guys to get quick feedback from the PWG meeting.  They are the organisation with the objections to the "current plans".

They have 2 reps.   Is no one speaking to them ?   

GF, Andrew Renwick (Vice-President, East of Scotland FA) Whitehill Welfare

- AR, John Greenhorn (Secretary, East of Scotland FA)   Ormiston FC

Only TJ for the Juniors. 

Btw why are Whitehill Welfare represented on the EOS board ?

President is from Edinburgh City of all teams !!!  They could be in SLFL1 next season. About as remote from EOS as you can get.

Edited by superbigal

7 minutes ago, superbigal said:

It really should be easier for the EOS guys to get quick feedback from the PWG meeting.  They are the organisation with the objections to the "current plans".

They have 2 reps.   Is no one speaking to them ?   What clubs do they actually hail from ?

GF, Andrew Renwick (Vice-President, East of Scotland FA) - AR, John Greenhorn (Secretary, East of Scotland FA) 

Only TJ for the Juniors. 

Greenhorn is Ormiston 

16 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Know what would unpick it even better? More relegation spots from the existing LL.

Nope because then you're dealing with the farce of clubs jumping between leagues thinking they'd have an advantage in getting promoted.

Fixed playoffs that would see leagues with the occasional unlicensed champion give their fixed opponent a bye.

Or random playoffs where you you have the two weakest leagues face each other for a promotion spot.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Nope because then you're dealing with the farce of clubs jumping between leagues thinking they'd have an advantage in getting promoted.

Fixed playoffs that would see leagues with the occasional unlicensed champion give their fixed opponent a bye.

Or random playoffs where you you have the two weakest leagues face each other for a promotion spot.

This doesn't make any sense. No matter how many promotion and relegation spots there are, all of the above are true.