Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Why? There are 18 teams competing for a place in the playoffs as against 16 in the EOS premier league

1. The EOS already covers a good part of east junior territory

2. the new setup is in effect district leagues of sort hardly fitting for a feeder league at tier 6

1 minute ago, Lanemark said:

JC was being treated like a hero the last few weeks for his attitude to his team perhaps having to move to the EOS,  now hes the black sheep and his every post is being criticised. You couldn't make it up .:) And im pro-pyramid btw b4 the usual suspects attack this post.

Where has he been critcised?

9 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Why? There are 18 teams competing for a place in the playoffs as against 16 in the EOS premier league

There's no play-off for the ERJFA, from what I hear the PWG made no progress on Monday and unlikely to be any Juniors in Pyramid next season.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

There's no play-off for the ERJFA, from what I hear the PWG made no progress on Monday and unlikely to be any Juniors in Pyramid next season.

Not even the west

To be fair I kind of agree with Kilbowie sosfl is honking standard no fault of their own it should be merged with west. Bonnyton are secindeed best team and we horsed them in the cup final

I hear JCs point about local football. Ironically this is the current EoS Premier next year as it stands. One of the top three will go up.

Penicuik
Bonnyrigg
Broxburn
Hill O Beath
Boness
Linlithgow
Musselburgh
Dundonald
Jeanfield
Newtongrange
Tranent
Camelon
Dunbar
Crossgates
Preston

Not complete yet with fifth place not decided and the best sixth place but this is pretty local!

Nothing,they are in with clubs playing on school pitches! That being the case there’s no reason why the ERJFA clubs shouldn’t be in as well.
expect this thing called geography. SOSL covers an area no other leagues so. The ERJFA on the other hand look at a map and it's clear why the east juniors in tact at tier 6 is problematic.

5 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I hear JCs point about local football. Ironically this is the current EoS Premier next year as it stands. One of the top three will go up.

Penicuik
Bonnyrigg
Broxburn
Hill O Beath
Boness
Linlithgow
Musselburgh
Dundonald
Jeanfield
Newtongrange
Tranent
Camelon
Dunbar
Crossgates
Preston

Not complete yet with fifth place not decided and the best sixth place but this is pretty local!

Irony is thats basically the ex junior superleague

So if that was confirmed league it sums up the standard of the EOS previously (In pure footballing ability) was absolute dross.

Those teams should be commended for having no self preservation.  The rest of football (LL etc) needs to take a look at itself.

Edited by superbigal

19 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
22 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:
Neither should the SoSL but it is!

whatd you propose gets done with the SOSL then?

There should be a season of transition using conferences ala the East of Scotland this season, but comprised of the top two tiers in the West Juniors and the SoSL. If the SoSL refuse this they should get bolted on en masse as a regional league below the top two West Junior leagues. The aim should be to have 2 West region wide leagues at tier 6 & 7, then regional Central/Ayrshire/South leagues below that at tier 8. IMO of course.

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

So if that was confirmed league it sums up the standard of the EOS previously (In pure footballing ability) was absolute dross.

A bit likearlier what south of Tay ersjfa will end up like. It will gradually getting worse

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

What's your point caller? The EoS clubs should be applauded for allowing this to be the case and essentially agreeing to relegate themselves for the greater good.

I agree and it only took one season to rectify. It'll take a few more years to rebalance the LL too. So hopefully the West enter in at Tier Six and two down from LL starts. Then in five years you'll have a true reflection of top non league football in the LL.

5 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Penicuik
Bonnyrigg
Broxburn
Hill O Beath
Boness
Linlithgow
Musselburgh
Dundonald
Jeanfield
Newtongrange
Tranent
Camelon
Dunbar
Crossgates
Preston

A  very balanced mix of  Mid/West/East Lothian teams and Fife/Perth

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

What's your point caller? The EoS clubs should be applauded for allowing this to be the case and essentially agreeing to relegate themselves for the greater good.

Just edited that in mate.  Shows up Whitehill Welfare etc for the complete opposite.

I dont think anyone would argue the east juniors wasn't a higher standard pre-exodus. The fact remains though the EOS has been the feeder for that part of the country since 14-15. Also the EOS lost its best clubs to the LL when that league was formed.

Just now, superbigal said:

Just edited that in mate.  Shows up Whitehill Welfare etc for the complete opposite.

Completely agree re the likes of Whitehill Welfare. Several fans of those clubs are very quick to put the boot into Junior clubs for self-preservation or not looking at the bigger picture, yet when it comes to their own clubs the sole aim is to milk as much cash out of the system as they can before the ex-Juniors take over.

Even just saying it's contributed is quite a bold statement. Clubs who moved have their own reasons. They won't be the same for every club, but I'm pretty sure none of them will have (partly) based the decision on what's been said on P&B. And it's easy to just lump us all together. I don't agree with [mention=14716]Burnie_man[/mention] (and others) on everything. We agree on a pyramid, our wish to have all current junior clubs included & that it's undesirable to have 2 leagues covering largely the same area. But we disagreed plenty of times on various details. That's a part of a healthy discussion... I'm not anti junior, I still enjoy watching junior football. I'll probably go to another juniors game on Saturday and I'll likely be at Beechwood to watch Talbot v Lochee in a few weeks. I do have my questions about how the game is run & I am critical of this new set-up in the East. At the same time I've also criticised the SFA on their handling of the pyramid. I have a strong opinion about this because I enjoy watching football at this level and have a lot of respect for plenty of clubs. That's why I want a decent set up for all to play in and I think a decently structured pyramid incorporating all current "grades" is the answer.

Not disagreeing with you Marten but don't underestimate the power of social media especially when certain people may see a possibility of financial gain.  The pyramid mafia in here with its leader being BM is overbearing. I've seen posters over the past few months berated derided and put down very quickly if they had a difference of opinion to the potential new set up.

Let's be honest, if you go back to the start of this thread the same sh*** was getting said then. Its just regurgitated.