Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
10 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:
Guys you are playing right into her hands each and every time you reply, no matter what that reply is.

They are the same poster though, hardly guys

Yeah, because everyone who is critical of how the Juniors are run must be the same person. Just so it's clear for me, am I Burnie Man as well?

Yeah, because everyone who is critical of how the Juniors are run must be the same person. Just so it's clear for me, am I Burnie Man as well?

Daft thing about it is, I dont care about the east bar curiosity as to how it will work. was just asking ‘how’ it will work with 9 teams in the league etc. But apparently thats an obsession lol.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
17 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:
Guys you are playing right into her hands each and every time you reply, no matter what that reply is.

Just hit the report button, that is what it is there for.

All I'm trying to say is that each time you reply to her she will reply to you and it ends up drowning all the worthwhile posts in the thread which will be exactly her intention and she wins. The damage is done each time she stirs the pot and solicits replies and reporting it will make no difference.

Edited by Black & Red Socks

All I'm trying to say is that each time you reply to her she will reply to you and it ends up drowning all the worthwhile posts in the thread which will be exactly her intention and she wins. Reporting it will make no difference.
It will and it does, and actually I didn't reply to Isa, I ignore his trolling. Hit report and let@tynierose and his mob deal with it.

7 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
9 minutes ago, Marten said:

Nowt critical, going by the comments of others they are pleased. Only the certain few seemed to be riled.

There is nothing wrong with asking questions about the new setup. I don't think it's the right way forward. As I said, I respect that Fauldhouse make their own decision based on what they think is best for them. I just think it's not going to work out well. With people like you it seems that anyone who raises questions about decisions of SJFA, any of their regions or junior clubs is automatically anti-junior.

I still respect JC1 a lot and I wish him and Fauldhouse all the best. I've been there, it's a great set-up and they've surely got a hard-working committee. That doesn't mean I always have to agree with them.

33 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

...On a personal note, if I were on the eosfl committee/board, I would be content with the ersjfa decision to restructure. I believe (only my opinion) that this has played into the eosfl hands, anyone who thinks the two ersjfa superlegues should sit at the same level as the eos Premier (tier 6) will now have an almost impossible argument to make. 

Only Tayport, Kinnoull and Scone are on the wrong side of the Tay Bridge boundary with this setup and are all close enough to the boundary that exceptions could easily be justified, so they are very close to having a feeder that is suitable for the HL rather than the LL. Not sure where that might lead in an unintended consequences sort of way, but it's something the EoS will probably try to use against them during PWG meetings.

There is nothing wrong with asking questions about the new setup. I don't think it's the right way forward. As I said, I respect that Fauldhouse make their own decision based on what they think is best for them. I just think it's not going to work out well. With people like you it seems that anyone who raises questions about decisions of SJFA, any of their regions or junior clubs is automatically anti-junior.
I still respect JC1 a lot and I wish him and Fauldhouse all the best. I've been there, it's a great set-up and they've surely got a hard-working committee. That doesn't mean I always have to agree with them.
Like me? [emoji1][emoji1]

You and your gang have probably contributed to the exodus, by creating the false mass hysteria, lemmings all following each other. Good to see certain clubs have actually thought this move through without bias.

As I've already said if teams are going to move then do it as a collective for the benefit of all. Reading the negative comments of BM and (alias's ) it proves he/they have an agenda.

As for you Marten, you're just another bandwagoner.

16 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Only Tayport, Kinnoull and Scone are on the wrong side of the Tay Bridge boundary with this setup and are all close enough to the boundary that exceptions could easily be justified, so they are very close to having a feeder that is suitable for the HL rather than the LL. Not sure where that might lead in an unintended consequences sort of way, but it's something the EoS will probably try to use against them during PWG meetings.

Absolutely. If those three want to play with the (other) Tayside teams, they should be allowed to, even if they enter the senior pyramid, and can then quality for the Highland League. We are talking about a very short travel time from the border. 

6 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Like me? emoji1.pngemoji1.png

You and your gang have probably contributed to the exodus, by creating the false mass hysteria, lemmings all following each other. Good to see certain clubs have actually thought this move through without bias.

As I've already said if teams are going to move then do it as a collective for the benefit of all. Reading the negative comments of BM and (alias's ) it proves he/they have an agenda.

As for you Marten, you're just another bandwagoner.

Are you seriously suggesting the exodus has been sparked by a few posters on an internet forum? :unsure:

If any club committee base major decisions on the future of their clubs on some posts on P&B, serious questions need to be asked...

Are you seriously suggesting the exodus has been sparked by a few posters on an internet forum? :unsure:
If any club committee base major decisions on the future of their clubs on some posts on P&B, serious questions need to be asked...
I would say it's contributed,

I see BM is lurking, Hi Bm/ICR [emoji1]🤟

10 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

I would say it's contributed,

I see BM is lurking, Hi Bm/ICR 

Even just saying it's contributed is quite a bold statement. Clubs who moved have their own reasons. They won't be the same for every club, but I'm pretty sure none of them will have (partly) based the decision on what's been said on P&B.

And it's easy to just lump us all together. I don't agree with @Burnie_man (and others) on everything. We agree on a pyramid, our wish to have all current junior clubs included & that it's undesirable to have 2 leagues covering largely the same area. But we disagreed plenty of times on various details. That's a part of a healthy discussion...

I'm not anti junior, I still enjoy watching junior football. I'll probably go to another juniors game on Saturday and I'll likely be at Beechwood to watch Talbot v Lochee in a few weeks. I do have my questions about how the game is run & I am critical of this new set-up in the East. At the same time I've also criticised the SFA on their handling of the pyramid. I have a strong opinion about this because I enjoy watching football at this level and have a lot of respect for plenty of clubs. That's why I want a decent set up for all to play in and I think a decently structured pyramid incorporating all current "grades" is the answer.

31 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I was more meaning that with the change to a South superlegue the ersjfa can in no way, shape or form rightly suggest they should be at tier 6. I would think they would struggle to convince everyone they should match tier 7 conferences below the eosfl Premier league let alone argue they should match it at tier 6. But yeah I get what you mean too regarding the HL/LL divide too. 

2 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Neither should the SoSL but it is!

The SOS were original members of the pyramid. They bought into the concept at its inception and came on board. They did not turn up late to the wedding (that they turned down the invite to in the first place) and demand that their playlist is played by the dj.......oh and their menu choices were to be what everyone was to eat.....