Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

13 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

I am a supporter of Armadale Thistle I am not an official I do not see a reason for Fife clubs in tier 7 to remain in EOS

Why would they not. They'd be at tier 7 if they went junior or not at all. Theirs 9 Fife clubs in eosfl lol 7 in juniors. Kennoway could be 10 mins to glenrothes bit 50 mins to Fauldhouse. That statement shows you up as an idiot 

5 minutes ago, TheLad said:
59 minutes ago, parsforlife said:
South premier sides must be filling out EoS applications? Can't see any appeal in playing in that league at all.

Do you think any of them will see themselves as being held back in that leave? Fife teams maybe? I don't know how ambitious any of them are

Even if they are not why would Thornton and Kennoway want to be isolated like that. All that takes is Kennoway to go down.  Stoneyburn or whoever to go up then they really are isolated 

Is that because you probably have a very good chance of winning it and if the ERJFA do enter the pyramid see it as the only way you can make Scottish Cup Entry.?
Long term wouldn't you rather play Linlithgow/Boness and Broxburn?
My reasons for backing the club on staying is purely the survival of the club. This season the cost of travelling to away games was a killer and still is. With this reconstruction its light at the end of the tunnel.

4 minutes ago, jc1 said:
17 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:
Is that because you probably have a very good chance of winning it and if the ERJFA do enter the pyramid see it as the only way you can make Scottish Cup Entry.?

My reasons for backing the club on staying is purely the survival of the club. This season the cost of travelling to away games was a killer and still is. With this reconstruction its light at the end of the tunnel.

I get your trying to protect your club but 1 season in EOS tier 7 your travelling wouldnt be severe , get promotion and you are in a very good league with decent travelling supports and local opponents. 

if you think playing Bathgate,Pumpherston and Whitburn 3 times a year and beating Lochee in a playoff for Scottish Cup entry is the way to go then good luck to you

What  if the SFA say from season 2020 no team can enter the Scottish Cup without floodlights, That rules out every junior club in the south except Bathgate and Rosyth.

Short term for a season or two yes will probably benefit you but medium to long term i think its the wrong decision. time will tell

I am a committed pyramid supporter and I have said before that I would like to see ALL clubs in the pyramid with a clear path of progression.

But this obsession with not having to travel further than the end of the road really annoys me. Even with Glenrothes in the EOS St Andrews will have a minimum 20 mile journey for every game next season but we don't make a song and dance about it. 

Clubs should be looking to progress on and off the pitch as we are trying to do and creating a couple of wee local leagues isn't progression. But clubs shouldn't be moving to the EOS just to avoid travelling a few miles.

JC1, any answers to the questions re 2nd new team, pyramid and Breadalbane?

Edited by patriot1
Misspell

14 minutes ago, jc1 said:
27 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

But sod everyone else. 

1 hour ago, jc1 said:

Everyone will have their opinions and views but what's best for my club is all that matters to myself and players. From my angle having already spoken to players for next season the local set up is far more appealing. As I've said previously I've spent a large chunk of my football days in the juniors and have made great relationships on and off the pitch so there will always be a loyalty factor from myself personally to the junior game

JC, it's this last bit that I and many others just don't get - loyalty to the grade. I've watched Junior football for years and have enjoyed almost every minute of it. However, I've watched a lot of senior football at all levels and enjoyed it just as much. Teams striving to win, clubs trying to improve themselves and fans, in large numbers or small, engaged in every last kick. Hand on heart, I've seen absolutely no difference between Junior or Senior football. None.

I've even seen you play - I think! - and I've certainly watched the team you currently manage and manage well, so much so that it wouldn't be out of the question for other club's to be interested in what you have to offer as a manager. So, let me ask you a genuine question - if a strong club in the Seniors, say Tier 6 or even at next years Tier 7, were to approach you about becoming their manager and helping them push on would your loyalty to the Junior grade stand in your way or would you make your decision based purely on what that club had to offer? I'd be astounded if you did let loyalty to a dying grade prevent ambition and it really should be the same for your club - aspiration is surely what drives participation?

Edited by 12 Angry Men

1 hour ago, jc1 said:

It's not about being boring its about local interests and the club surviving. With several local derbys it will bring the locals back out home and away

Will it?

I'm a Whitburn man and I won't be back to Central Park until they are in the pyramid.

This is a backward step and a half,what a farce!!

Edited by Whitburn Vale

56 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

What.s the format for tier 7 in EOS ? How many teams will be promoted? The Premier league in EOS will be a good league next season however with the clubs who carry a good away support being in tier 6 tier 7 clubs are bound to see a fall in gate revenue. That plus the non sharing of gates in Cup ties and the licensing fiasco ie changing the goal posts does not make the EOS an attractive proposition especially when the EJFA are in the pyramid.

You already know there will be conferences below the EoS Premier next season at tier 7, it depends on how many new members there are but it is looking like at least 2 x 12+ team Conferences. Promotion/relegation will be decided once the closing date for applications pass but I would expect the two winners to go upto Premier, and probably a play-off between the runners-up for a third spot. Then again, maybe there could be 4 up/down.

What happens for 2020-2021 will again be decided before the start of next season, IMO forming a EoS First is most likely, so probably the top half finishers in each conference form a new EoS First division (tier 7), and the bottom finishers a Second division (tier 8).  Then again they might go with two regional tier 7 leagues, although that looks a little more difficult. So next season could be the last you can join the EoS and be guaranteed tier 7 entry.

The non-sharing of cup gates has made little difference to us, and of course that rule can be changed if the majority of clubs want it.  The Licence/floodlight situation is immaterial to EoS membership, you don’t need a licence to join.

I'd say for West Lothian and Fife clubs, the EoS is a far more attractive prospect than what has become of the ERJFA.

The ersjfa were in a position where they had to make changes to keep their current members happy. This appears to have been what their members were asking for in order to stay in the ersjfa,so for now it is a move they had to take. 

Does it look attractive from the outside, not for me, but again what other options did they have? 

On a personal note, if I were on the eosfl committee/board, I would be content with the ersjfa decision to restructure. I believe (only my opinion) that this has played into the eosfl hands, anyone who thinks the two ersjfa superlegues should sit at the same level as the eos Premier (tier 6) will now have an almost impossible argument to make. 

1 hour ago, jc1 said:

As league standsScreenshot_20190313-075419_Word.jpg

1 hour ago, jc1 said:
1 hour ago, patriot1 said:
Who is the second new team in the South Premier?
Any word on Breadalbane?
Any word last night on the pyramid?
Are teams playing each other four times a season?
And finally how many cup competition s will there be? You could be playing the same side six times in a year.

Teams will play each other 3 times.

This should be the end of any pyramid discussions re the East Juniors. Good luck to every club who takes the decision to play in this set up but it's clear that the motives are not consistent with teams looking to push on or develop. Leave them to it.

Even if they are not why would Thornton and Kennoway want to be isolated like that. All that takes is Kennoway to go down.  Stoneyburn or whoever to go up then they really are isolated 

There are no more isolated clubs than Jeanfield Swifts and St Andrews and that is their choice and good luck to them. Travel being used to coerce clubs to join the EOS yet again travel from Thornton to West Lothian takes about an hour clubs will make their own decisions where they want to compete.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

This should be the end of any pyramid discussions re the East Juniors. Good luck to every club who takes the decision to play in this set up but it's clear that the motives are not consistent with teams looking to push on or develop. Leave them to it.

This, absolutely 100%, should herald the end of the farcical proposition that the ERSJFA 'Super' League(s) should, in some way, become a feeder to the Lowland League. It was a farcical proposal to begin with and is all the more farcical now for exactly the reasons stated by Marshmallo. 

You seem to be going by the amount of frustrated posts yer making. Ok BM [emoji6] 

No you’ve got me bang to rights there. I’m just thinking about what happens to fauldhouse et al on a constant basis. Or it could be that i’m bored at work like just about everyone else on here and posting on various threads that interest me? Its kinda the point of a messageboard.

No you’ve got me bang to rights there. I’m just thinking about what happens to fauldhouse et al on a constant basis. Or it could be that i’m bored at work like just about everyone else on here and posting on various threads that interest me? Its kinda the point of a messageboard.
Of continually posting the same garbage? Ok BM[emoji6]

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I was pacing the floor all night :lol:

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Erm aye. Im pure melted. The ins and outs of the east region reconstruction is keeping me up at night. Ok Isa.

Guys you are playing right into her hands each and every time you reply, no matter what that reply is.