Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

At least with the split, there is somewhat less of a problem with going senior. The north league in the East Juniors should have a chance to quality for  the Highland League, probably in a playoff with the North Juniors. The EOS won't accept the south league in the East Juniors, but at least a winner there will be south of the Lowland League border. 

They should split the East Juniors into two fully separate entities, on par with the North juniors and the West juniors. 

Edited by lowenan

9 minutes ago, stanley said:

Isn't local interest in derbies enhanced by not playing the same teams all the time?  The excitement of playing local teams isn't the same if they are the only teams you play. 

Just my opinion of course. 

Exactly, and I think this is similar to a point made a few posts earlier - who outwith West Lothian will ultimately care about the winners of an isolated, all but cut-off local league that is likely to see interest even from West Lothian locals dwindle further when it transpires they're going to watch the same few teams face each other week after week after week? It really is beginning to take the shape of a glorified amateur league. What a disappointment. Surely there will be at least a few teams that will want to escape this madness and head to the EoS, thus making what is being proposed all the more unpalatable?

Who is the second new team in the South Premier?

Any word on Breadalbane?

Any word last night on the pyramid?

Are teams playing each other four times a season?

And finally how many cup competition s will there be? You could be playing the same side six times in a year.

Exactly, and I think this is similar to a point made a few posts earlier - who outwith West Lothian will ultimately care about the winners of an isolated, all but cut-off local league that is likely to see interest even from West Lothian locals dwindle further when it transpires they're going to watch the same few teams face each other week after week after week? It really is beginning to take the shape of a glorified amateur league. What a disappointment. Surely there will be at least a few teams that will want to escape this madness and head to the EoS, thus making what is being proposed all the more unpalatable?
No disrespect but the teams in this set up wanted it and voted for it. The feedback I got was it was a better atmosphere last night at the meeting and lots of positive vibes

Based on those leagues the 2nd new team clearly isn't Breadalbane

Who is the second new team in the South Premier?
Any word on Breadalbane?
Any word last night on the pyramid?
Are teams playing each other four times a season?
And finally how many cup competition s will there be? You could be playing the same side six times in a year.

Teams will play each other 3 times.

Why is there teams from south of the Tay line in the North section? This seams counterproductive as this could have helped solved that question and set the North section up as a future feeder into the HL.

47 minutes ago, jc1 said:

As league standsScreenshot_20190313-075419_Word.jpg

North Super and North Premier look okay and was always going to be the case even if 10 team leagues,

The South leagues are horrific. The South Premier especially with 2 rumoured amateur teams joining isnt very appealing

a 9 team Super League!!. Thornton and Kennoway have 1 away game in Fife  and need to go to West Lothian every other weekend,

surely its best for both to join EOS, What happens then? a 7 team West Lothian League ? 

all it will take is a couple of South teams to move and that set up collapses.

Same as I was told. 8 and 9 team leagues is an awful environment to play football in, worse than a pub league. Still, it's upto clubs now to decide where they want to play their football now that they know what's on offer. The picture is a little clearer. 

What.s the format for tier 7 in EOS ? How many teams will be promoted? The Premier league in EOS will be a good league next season however with the clubs who carry a good away support being in tier 6 tier 7 clubs are bound to see a fall in gate revenue. That plus the non sharing of gates in Cup ties and the licensing fiasco ie changing the goal posts does not make the EOS an attractive proposition especially when the EJFA are in the pyramid.

1 minute ago, Vollyman said:

What.s the format for tier 7 in EOS ? How many teams will be promoted? The Premier league in EOS will be a good league next season however with the clubs who carry a good away support being in tier 6 tier 7 clubs are bound to see a fall in gate revenue. That plus the non sharing of gates in Cup ties and the licensing fiasco ie changing the goal posts does not make the EOS an attractive proposition especially when the EJFA are on the pyramid.

But your not in the pyramid. You didn't know until last night what dross league you'd be in. We know tier 7 is conferences. Surelyfrom armadale it's easier to travel to Edinburgh than fife

4 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

What.s the format for tier 7 in EOS ? How many teams will be promoted? The Premier league in EOS will be a good league next season however with the clubs who carry a good away support being in tier 6 tier 7 clubs are bound to see a fall in gate revenue. That plus the non sharing of gates in Cup ties and the licensing fiasco ie changing the goal posts does not make the EOS an attractive proposition especially when the EJFA are in the pyramid.

If they don't make the move to the EoSFL, and I'm guessing from your posts that you're representative of those in control at Volunteer Park and that they won't, then I suspect the only Pyramid Armadale Thistle will be anywhere near are those along the M8 near Bathgate and this really is disappointing and should be for you too. No club that end up isolated in this set-up for years to come will be able to say that they weren't given every opportunity to extricate themselves from it.

What about for Kennoway and Thornton now they are isolated instead of you and whitburn 
As I've said my only interests are what's best for my club and clubs future and the south super is the one that ticks all the boxes for us as a club

But your not in the pyramid. You didn't know until last night what dross league you'd be in. We know tier 7 is conferences. Surelyfrom armadale it's easier to travel to Edinburgh than fife

Last year it was Dundee that was too far now it’s Fife your like the SFA wanting to change the goalposts every season

As I've said my only interests are what's best for my club and clubs future and the south super is the one that ticks all the boxes for us as a club
Is that because you probably have a very good chance of winning it and if the ERJFA do enter the pyramid see it as the only way you can make Scottish Cup Entry.?
Long term wouldn't you rather play Linlithgow/Boness and Broxburn?

South premier sides must be filling out EoS applications? Can't see any appeal in playing in that league at all.
Do you think any of them will see themselves as being held back in that leave? Fife teams maybe? I don't know how ambitious any of them are