Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I've spent most of my days in junior football and it's been a huge part of my life on and off the pitch I've always backed the grade and the people involved. I've no gripe with what other clubs do ect. But for me personally I'm very happy with circumstances we will be in next season
They go for option A then?

Yeah mate. From a financial point of view brilliant for us. More locals will have an interest in more local games. Also have fans making away games
I suppose that has to be what it's all about. Do what's best for your team. For some it isn't all about licences and pushing your way up a pyramid, it's providing a team that your local community can and will go out and watch.
We're not talking about appeasing thousands of fans.
The travels up to Tayside etc are a nonsense.
I watch games across West Lothian, EOS and Junior but wouldn't dream of venturing there for a game.
There is no right way, but a lot of wrong ones - same as everything in football. You just have to try and avoid the wrong ones along the way....

11 minutes ago, TheLad said:

I suppose that has to be what it's all about. Do what's best for your team. For some it isn't all about licences and pushing your way up a pyramid, it's providing a team that your local community can and will go out and watch.
I watch games across West Lothian, EOS and Junior but wouldn't dream of venturing there for a game.
There is no right way, but a lot of wrong ones - same as everything in football. You just have to try and avoid the wrong ones along the way....

And you seriously think that's what it's all about for Craigroyston and Eyemouth...?

Edited by cmontheloknow

22 minutes ago, TheLad said:

A lot of sense made there, but - for me at any rate - it is really quite sad that instead of broadening horizons (within reasonable geographical imitations) we're seeing the rump of the Juniors left in the east going in the opposite direction (if Option A is as attached) and recreating something akin to a West Lothian League that, without Pyramid access which seems increasingly unlikely, might eventually become no more attractive than the present West Lothian Sunday Amateur League with the same teams playing each other over and over and over again with nowhere to go. Win the 'South Super' and be Champions of West Lothian, but will anyone outside West Lothian (and some in the south of Fife) really care?     :>(     Indeed, will the Fife teams consigned to this set-up hang about or will they now feel more inclined to head to the EoSFL and thus truly leave the southern half of the East Juniors as a West Lothian league isolated from everyone else?

ERSJFA Leagues.jpg

Edited by Black & Red Socks

If there are only 9 teams in the South Super then how many league games will they play?  Surely not 16?  32 seems a lot for juniors and 24 would leave an imbalance with home/away games.

Wouldn't it get a bit boring playing the same local teams over and over again?  

As league standsScreenshot_20190313-075419_Word.jpg.8d68c158ef672906b2bb6f817f7eb8c0.jpg

Same as I was told. 8 and 9 team leagues is an awful environment to play football in, worse than a pub league. Still, it's upto clubs now to decide where they want to play their football now that they know what's on offer. The picture is a little clearer.

A lot of sense made there, but - for me at any rate - it is really quite sad that instead of broadening horizons (within reasonable geographical imitations) we're seeing the rump of the Juniors left in the east going in the opposite direction (if Option A is as attached) and recreating something akin to a West Lothian League that, without Pyramid access which seems increasingly unlikely, might eventually become no more attractive than the present West Lothian Sunday Amateur League with the same teams playing each other over and over and over again with nowhere to go. Win the 'South Super' and be Champions of West Lothian, but will anyone outside West Lothian (and southern Fife) really care?     :>(
5c88b873e6877_ERSJFALeagues.jpg.c11585b8de5c15725968bd04f9e194c5.jpg
I accept that, but if that is what matters to the clubs then it isn't the wrong thing to do. They want local games to go and watch.

East Region juniors IS falling further away but it's still football and that's all that matters.

It cannot be compared to West Region any more.

I think there is an acceptance that that is the case.

It's not about being boring its about local interests and the club surviving. With several local derbys it will bring the locals back out home and away
You barely got 100 for the big West Lothian derby a few weeks back. Local football does not always equal big crowds.

4 minutes ago, jc1 said:

It's not about being boring its about local interests and the club surviving. With several local derbys it will bring the locals back out home and away

No offence as you have to do what's right for you, but these leagues don't look very attractive to me. The south teams would be way better off in the EOS imo. Junior football in the East, especially south of the Tay, is dying. This will get boring and lose people's interests very soon, maybe not instantly, but I can't see it lasting for multiple seasons.

5 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Isn't local interest in derbies enhanced by not playing the same teams all the time?  The excitement of playing local teams isn't the same if they are the only teams you play. 

Just my opinion of course. 

Everyone will have their opinions and views but what's best for my club is all that matters to myself and players. From my angle having already spoken to players for next season the local set up is far more appealing. As I've said previously I've spent a large chunk of my football days in the juniors and have made great relationships on and off the pitch so there will always be a loyalty factor from myself personally to the junior game

3 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Everyone will have their opinions and views but what's best for my club is all that matters to myself and players. From my angle having already spoken to players for next season the local set up is far more appealing. As I've said previously I've spent a large chunk of my football days in the juniors and have made great relationships on and off the pitch so there will always be a loyalty factor from myself personally to the junior game

As said, if the club thinks that's right, that's what you'll need to do. But I think you will regret this as I just can't see this league having any appeal. This all due to some misplaced loyalty to a "grade"...

5 minutes ago, jc1 said:

As longs they don't get into the pyramid got to let them do it. Disappointed yous don't want to come over