Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, hague said:

Well the owners of the club voted to leave the juniors and join the east of Scotland league.the board have no authority to overturn that vote and I assume would be breaking the law if they did so although I may be wrong about that.

You are wrong.Voted to join the pyramid and at the time the choice was the EoSL which had 1 division or the SoSL.

The choice then was the EoSL.

Since then the Juniors have voted to join the pyramid  and the EoSL has expanded to where we’d be entering a tier lower than the West Juniors.

The standard of football and costs involved in playing at tier 7 in the EoSL make it a complete non starter now.

5 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

You are wrong.Voted to join the pyramid and at the time the choice was the EoSL which had 1 division or the SoSL.

The choice then was the EoSL.

Since then the Juniors have voted to join the pyramid  and the EoSL has expanded to where we’d be entering a tier lower than the West Juniors.

The standard of football and costs involved in playing at tier 7 in the EoSL make it a complete non starter now.

I'm not wrong we voted to join the east of Scotland league.I would like to point out that I am one of the few who voted to stay in the juniors but I totally object to the board ignoring the vote of the people who own the club.

7 minutes ago, hague said:

I'm not wrong we voted to join the east of Scotland league.I would like to point out that I am one of the few who voted to stay in the juniors but I totally object to the board ignoring the vote of the people who own the club.

The board aren’t ignoring anyone.If you and others feel that the board are doing a bad job then stand for election.

21 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The board aren’t ignoring anyone.If you and others feel that the board are doing a bad job then stand for election.

Fonzie  at no point have i said the board are doing a bad job in fact I think our board do a fantastic job.but onthe point of not having another vote on this matter i think they are wrong.

2 hours ago, locheeboy said:

A wee surprise coming later tonight which will give us all plenty to discuss.

I can exclusively reveal that Lochee United have applied to join the Highland League.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Well you. You're the one that circulated Maxwell's email from October saying it was all a done deal when it never was.

Personally, I don't think there is any conspiracy to stop non-league clubs joining the pyramid and getting licenced, I think it's just very badly handled by the SFA. Maxwell doesn't have a full grasp of what he is dealing with.

I don't think the SFA/SPFL are showing to be very keen to get loads of clubs joining. They've changed licensing requirements and don't seem particularly in a hurry to sort out the ongoing license applications. The way the SFA have handled the pyramid has not exactly been great. I've criticised the SJFA on this a number of times and I'm still critical of them, but the SFA clearly haven't helped the situation to put it mildly. I don't think there is a high degree of enthusiasm amongst SPFL clubs to have a massive influence of non-league SFA members. I'm sure some smaller SPFL clubs do feel threatened by the possibilities of the likes of Auchinleck Talbot coming up.

8 minutes ago, Marten said:

I don't think the SFA/SPFL are showing to be very keen to get loads of clubs joining. They've changed licensing requirements and don't seem particularly in a hurry to sort out the ongoing license applications. The way the SFA have handled the pyramid has not exactly been great. I've criticised the SJFA on this a number of times and I'm still critical of them, but the SFA clearly haven't helped the situation to put it mildly. I don't think there is a high degree of enthusiasm amongst SPFL clubs to have a massive influence of non-league SFA members. I'm sure some smaller SPFL clubs do feel threatened by the possibilities of the likes of Auchinleck Talbot coming up.

The next SFA Board meeting was meant to be in June if the originally scheduled February meeting had taken place. So if it is happening in April they have pushed things forward. 

To the SFA/SPFL the main concern is meant to be the loss of revenue from the profit share. By having it in April it guarantees that the accepted licenses will be allowed entry in the 2019-20 Scottish Cup and their profit share for the 2019-20 season when it gets dished out.

The March 31st deadlines weren't meant to mean anything to Ian Maxwell and I imagine that extends to the other SPFL higher ups. So they probably wouldn't have seen the urgency of a meeting prior to that date, but they would of known about having to revise the 2019-20 Scottish Cup for all these new members. And they have allowed for that, if they had left things to June no one would of been in the 2019-20 Scottish Cup.

The next SFA Board meeting was meant to be in June if the originally scheduled February meeting had taken place. So if it is happening in April they have pushed things forward. 
To the SFA/SPFL the main concern is meant to be the loss of revenue from the profit share. By having it in April it guarantees that the accepted licenses will be allowed entry in the 2019-20 Scottish Cup and their profit share for the 2019-20 season when it gets dished out.
The March 31st deadlines weren't meant to mean anything to Ian Maxwell and I imagine that extends to the other SPFL higher ups. So they probably wouldn't have seen the urgency of a meeting prior to that date, but they would of known about having to revise the 2019-20 Scottish Cup for all these new members. And they have allowed for that, if they had left things to June no one would of been in the 2019-20 Scottish Cup.
Being accepted at the June meeting still allows you to enter next seasons Scottish Cup.

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
26 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Being accepted at the June meeting still allows you to enter next seasons Scottish Cup.

I would of thought that would be too late to allow for that.

Honest question looking for honest answer, put the pyramid to one side for a moment, have fans and teams from the East that moved to EoS league missed their involvment in ths years Scottish Junior Cup.
Nope, not me.

9 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Honest question looking for honest answer, put the pyramid to one side for a moment, have fans and teams from the East that moved to EoS league missed their involvment in ths years Scottish Junior Cup.

No.