Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

32 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

There was no chance of us going to the EoSL once all the other clubs joined and it meant we’d be at tier 7.

Well the owners of the club voted to leave the juniors and join the east of Scotland league.the board have no authority to overturn that vote and I assume would be breaking the law if they did so although I may be wrong about that.

52 minutes ago, gogsy said:

There are ninety or ninety one full members at the moment , even if they add  another ninety  clubs ( never going to happen obviously) they  will still be getting half of what they get now?

I don’t think it’s even that bad. Afaik the tier 5 clubs got £12k at Xmas. Surely the 42 SPFL clubs got a lot more, so adding more entry licenses isn’t going to dilute it that much.

Well the owners of the club voted to leave the juniors and join the east of Scotland league.the board have no authority to overturn that vote and I assume would be breaking the law if they did so although I may be wrong about that.

I think and thats only think, that the board will take the view the vote was to join the pyramid and not the eosl. Now ive just resigned myself to us not going. I think now is the time to push for a separate west league, be much easier to get a wosl in than the whole sjfa set up.

36 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You say this, but then why is Maxwell keen to drop 120+  Junior clubs and the SJFA into the Pyramid, opening the door wide open to many more applications?  SFA politics eh.....

Who said Maxwell was keen to do this. I think the message is coming out loud and clear the SPFL clubs do not want Non League / Junior clubs

I think and thats only think, that the board will take the view the vote was to join the pyramid and not the eosl. Now ive just resigned myself to us not going. I think now is the time to push for a separate west league, be much easier to get a wosl in than the whole sjfa set up.

If your club lead the charge I’m sure there would be others who will follow. Personally I hope my club would be one of them.

5 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Who said Maxwell was keen to do this. I think the message is coming out loud and clear the SPFL clubs do not want Non League / Junior clubs

Well you. You're the one that circulated Maxwell's email from October saying it was all a done deal when it never was.

Personally, I don't think there is any conspiracy to stop non-league clubs joining the pyramid and getting licenced, I think it's just very badly handled by the SFA. Maxwell doesn't have a full grasp of what he is dealing with.

15 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Well there's no real news coming out of yesterdays meeting as yet, but if it's not going to happen for next season in the west, then a WOSFL should be in the thoughts of many.

9 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

It was following the Professional Game Board meeting that Ian Maxwell sent out the email saying all is rosy come on in.

That's the only part of this that has real SPFL representation.

The SPFL don't give a toss.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Well you. You're the one that circulated Maxwell's email from October saying it was all a done deal when it never was.

Personally, I don't think there is any conspiracy to stop non-league clubs joining the pyramid and getting licenced, I think it's just very badly handled by the SFA. Maxwell doesn't have a full grasp of what he is dealing with.

I never said he was keen to do anything ! All I did was put out his email. 

I don’t think it’s even that bad. Afaik the tier 5 clubs got £12k at Xmas. Surely the 42 SPFL clubs got a lot more, so adding more entry licenses isn’t going to dilute it that much.
Is there a breakdown anywhere of the numbers clubs get in each division?

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
36 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I think it's more likely to do with license level- entry, bronze, silver, gold, platinum. But the answer is nut, dinnae ken.

Plus there's no set amount - it's based on the SFA's profit.

Edited by The Mantis

7 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

A wee surprise coming later tonight which will give us all plenty to discuss.

Kylie doing the half time show at the Junior Cup Final?

5 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
38 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Current License holders can be found here: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4898/club-licensing-current-update-2019.pdf

But as Mantis says above I think the profit sharing is related as  least in part on the level of License a club holds.

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Current License holders can be found here: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4898/club-licensing-current-update-2019.pdf

But as Mantis says above I think the profit sharing is related as  least in part on the level of License a club holds.

***off-topic*** but that table always fascinates me. Clubs are awarded the lower of the 4 categories. Interesting that some clubs like Motherwell and Hearts are let down by their ground, while other premiership clubs (no names) are let down by legal/admin/finance  :lol:

Surprising that Hearts have a Silver for the ground. Maybe it will be upgraded at the next review.