Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

24 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Motherwell and Celtic are 11 miles apart and yet Motherwell took 147 away fans to Celtic last month, there’s no merit to your line of argument over this. Some clubs have fans that’ll travel everywhere, others dont.

tbf that's because Celtic  make away fans feel about as welcome as a fox in a chicken coop so Motherwell fans tend to avoid it like the plague. 

update re: PWG meeting & licensing

My info is yesterday’s meeting didn’t even last an hour.  The next PWG meet will be 13/14th April with the next SFA Board meeting 18th April. Which is too late for clubs without licence getting promoted to Lowland League.
No got any further detail for meeting but hopefully that will be available soon.  Personal feeling is one of deflation and annoyance. 

Why would something I fully predicted and expected annoy me? But ultimately you are pleased that Scottish football is a disorganised laughing stock? What a funny little man you are.
Assumptions, what makes you think I'm a man you silly little thing?
Who says we are a disorganised laughing stock? Another assumption ICR
C'mon get your act together

14 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

It seems to me like the SFA are pulling up the drawbridge until their members with the most clout decide how to manage the whole non league pyramid/licensing scenario.

Who are "their members with the most clout"? The Premier League? I suspect they know little, and care less, about non-league football.

Look at their squads, generally all players that would have at one time dropped out of the SPFL into the Junior top level or players that would still be top level in the West - now they dont come to/stay at the likes of Pollok or Hurlford, they choose to stay Senior and weaker players drop into the top level junior leagues.

I certainly know from 1st hand knowledge that for some of the East Kilbride players it had nothing to do with the level more to do with convenience for training and the money on offer.

38 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

It seems to me like the SFA are pulling up the drawbridge until their members with the most clout decide how to manage the whole non league pyramid/licensing scenario.

...because the last thing the existing SFA full members want is dozens of more snouts at the subsidy trough.

4 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Talbot used to be the tiny fish in the pond, but the hard work by everyone involved at Beechwood over the past 30 plus years have made us the big fish, are we to say sorry for that? You make it sound that its easy to win cups and leagues at our level, i can assure  you its not, we play against very good teams week in week out and a very good Beith side pipped us for the league last season.If you mean the higher level to be the lowland league, its my opinion that teams in the west premiership juniors  are better teams than whats currently in lowland and some in SPL 2.

I agree with all your points and as I said Talbot deserve recognition. So go and prove you're a higher level than LL. The game as a whole will be better off for it.

7 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I certainly know from 1st hand knowledge that for some of the East Kilbride players it had nothing to do with the level more to do with convenience for training and the money on offer.

I can 2nd that

34 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...because the last thing the existing SFA full members want is dozens of more snouts at the subsidy trough.

You say this, but then why is Maxwell keen to drop 120+  Junior clubs and the SJFA into the Pyramid, opening the door wide open to many more applications?  SFA politics eh.....