Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Talbot 1978 said:
7 minutes ago, Ginaro said:
Well now, Thornton will need to have a meeting that discusses more than the price of their pies if they want to continue playing their local rivals next season, same with Kennoway.

Very informative Ginaro, the future is looking uncertain

I think for you guys Talbot the west is straight forward wrsjfa slots straight in. East is just a major headache

6 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I think for you guys Talbot the west is straight forward wrsjfa slots straight in. East is just a major headache

See if the west all joined the SOS, and they did conferences in first year like the east did, within a couple of seasons the south teams would filter downwards and you'd not need a PWG or anything else as it would be job done.

See if the west all joined the SOS, and they did conferences in first year like the east did, within a couple of seasons the south teams would filter downwards and you'd not need a PWG or anything else as it would be job done.
Only time will tell. We wait with anticipation of the outcome

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Well now, Thornton will need to have a meeting that discusses more than the price of their pies if they want to continue playing their local rivals next season, same with Kennoway.

Hibs ground disnae have a fence so that might be a problem for them

3 minutes ago, non_sequitur said:

Hibs ground disnae have a fence so that might be a problem for them

Neither does Inverkeithing. http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/inverkeithing.htm

I'm sure the EOS would allow them to put up a similar temporary fence in the short term, and/or give them time to put up a more permanent fence or hedge.

So Fife juniors now done to eight teams, excluding WW1 and WW2 years that's a record low since junior football started in Fife. [emoji20]
This is very sad but at least we are now seeing the true extent of the exodus.

Interesting times so we shall wait and see what happens in the coming weeks.

40 minutes ago, nicotina said:

out of curiosity where do the YOUNG bankies teams play ?  not a wind up

They are all in different leagues, The U21s are in the West of Scotland 21 league, (saturday afternoon) and the U19s play in the Central Scotland Football association, (first year in existance) - (Sunday afternoon) I think the next age group is the 2004s, not sure what league they are in.  Both 21s and U19s have played at different parks are far as im aware, mostly Donald Dewar, U21s have played at Harmony Rows ground which is down down govan, shieldhall way

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

4 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

There will be a few twitching arsed.  Glenrotheshave announced it who else has applied and not announced yet. Itshe's squeaky bum time.

Yes, the league will be a lot weaker without the team currently sitting bottom with 9 points and 2 wins from 14 games.

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 07:38, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Clydebank’s academy isnt being ‘rushed’ its been built up over the last few years and has teams of all ages, girls teams and an amateur set up.

Probably, rushed was the wrong word, I'd say momentum is now speeding up. I believe Clydebank FC have an SFA quality mark and now the Academy is in the process of submission for a quality mark to come up to the level of Pollok soccer academy.  I believe the Clydebank Academy has 9 teams of varying ages and just over 200 participants.  I think all the U19s players are ages in their first year of U19s and I think the same for the U21s, most are in their first year.     I know at Pollok the U19s players are in their final year so they will all move up to U21s and the U21 players which is running now are all in their first-year bar 2 players so the lok should have 2 u21 teams running next year.

But the thing is as far as I'm aware any team that intends to go senior will look to have a development squad of players at U20s, so some teams could be looking to have 3 youth teams connected closely with their first team, and U19s, an U21 and a development squad. So not just Clydebank, Beith, Arthurlie, Port Glasgow etc... but all junior teams in the east and the north will probably be looking into arranging this or an academy if not already done so. 

This also means that if say Clydebank are in the seniors, then a first team player coming back from injury can play with the development team to get his fitness back, giving the young development players experience of playing beside seasoned pros and against seasoned pros

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

13 minutes ago, shuggie123 said:

Yes, the league will be a lot weaker without the team currently sitting bottom with 9 points and 2 wins from 14 games.

The first team to go puts you down to 16 teams in Fife a nd Lothians association if noone else goes and could more teams go. It's getting tighter

28 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:
Probably, rushed was the wrong word, I'd say momentum is now speeding up. I believe Clydebank FC have an SFA quality mark and now the Academy is in the process of submission for a quality mark to come up to the level of Pollok soccer academy.  I believe the Clydebank Academy has 9 teams of varying ages and just over 200 participants.  I think all the U19s players are ages in their first year of U19s and I think the same for the U21s, most are in their first year.     I know at Pollok the U19s are in their final year so they over to U21s and the U21 which is running now are all in their first-year bar 2 players so the lok should have 2 u21 teams running next year.

But the thing is as far as I'm aware any team that intends to go senior will look to have a development squad of players at U20s, so some teams could be looking to have 3 youth teams connected closely with their first team, and U19s, an U21 and a development squad. So not just Clydebank, Beith, Arthurlie, Port Glasgow etc... but all junior teams in the east and the north will probably be looking into arranging this or an academy if not already done so. 

This also means that if say Clydebank are in the seniors, then a first team player coming back from injury can play with the development team to get his fitness back, giving the young development players experience of playing beside seasoned pros and against seasoned pros

20s would be signed to the parent side,  unlike now where they are separate entities (with a shared name) and player movement between teams having to be done on a delayed transfer basis.

5 hours ago, Ginaro said:

These were all from before the Glenrothes announcement. Certainly seems like Thornton might miss them giving the fun they're having at their expense.

image.png.80c2a7cb803ba8c85d087c264a194fdf.png