Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

13 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Pollok's pitch would only stop them gaining bronze I think (and we're not alone in having a small surface, below 110 x 70 yds). Lights though something else, also general facilities.

I'm sure there are many teams that have small pitches but don't think there is any clarity or any 'one stop' place to know who has the correct pitch size and facilities to become full members.

There may also be teams who have the correct facilities etc... but the fans might not want them to join if based on a vote and I'm sure there are a few teams who don't have the correct facilities where most, committee and fans alike want to join the pyramid system.

Yeah floodlights a big problem for Pollok as they would have to apply and there are tons of flats adjacent to the pitch where some tenants possibly won't want the floodlights in front of them
Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

48 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:
Anyone know officially which junior clubs in the 3 regions, 'West', 'East' and 'North' are known NOT to have the correct facilities to become a member club ?
I know Clydebank are laying a new bigger footballing surface and floodlights and should be ready by April

I don't know personally. Of the 32 in the North the majority are meant to struggle. Think it's similar with the 36 in the East.

When Cumnock were announced as applying I had a quick look through http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/ to see who in the West might the club that had applied privately. In terms of licensing criteria the website only covers 'Floodlights' and 'Cover' which are factors in gaining membership. Of the 63 there was close to 20 that had both. Although the majority of them were in League One and League Two. I'm not sure how many of the lower league West teams would jump to form a WoS if the bigger clubs opted to remain outwith the pyramid.

Surely all west clubs would move as a block, are there really a significant number who don't want anything to do with the pyramid?
Jeezo you're on this thread too asking the same dam questions. Is there no stopping you on this madness lol.

BM honestly take a break from p&b. This crusade of yours is pure mental

[emoji16] [emoji107]

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:
Anyone know officially which junior clubs in the 3 regions, 'West', 'East' and 'North' are known NOT to have the correct facilities to become a member club ?
I know Clydebank are laying a new bigger footballing surface and floodlights and should be ready by April

Using http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/  taking those with cover and floodlights you get 31 clubs. Not all those would have cover for a 100 or the correct lux for their floodlights. Plus licensing is about more than just the ground and those two criteria. So the number would be less than 31 clubs could become SFA member clubs at the minute.

North Region

1. Aberdeen University
  2. Banks O'Dee
  3. Burghead Thistle
  4. Deveronside
  5. Fraserburgh United
  6. Longside
  7. Montrose Roselea

East Region

1. Arbroath Victoria
  2. Armadale Thistle
  3. Bathgate Thistle
  4. Brechin Victoria
  5. Coupar Angus
  6. Downfield
  7. Dundee North End
  8. Kennoway Star Hearts
  9. Kirriemuir Thistle
  10. Livingston United

West Region

1. Ardrossan Winton Rovers
  2. Ashfield
  3. Carluke Rovers
  4. Clydebank
  5. Cumnock
  6. Greenock
  7. Maryhill
  8. Neilston
  9. Petershill
  10. Port Glasgow
  11. Renfrew
  12. Rutherglen Glencairn
  13. Shotts Bon Accord
  14. Whitletts Victoria

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

East Region

1. Arbroath Victoria
  2. Armadale Thistle
  3. Bathgate Thistle
  4. Brechin Victoria
  5. Coupar Angus
  6. Downfield
  7. Dundee North End
  8. Kennoway Star Hearts
  9. Kirriemuir Thistle
  10. Livingston United

Bathgate have lights but Armadale and Livingston dont, I dont think any of the rest do either.

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:
I'm sure there are many teams that have small pitches but don't think there is any clarity or any 'one stop' place to know who has the correct pitch size and facilities to become full members.

It's spelled out in black and white in the licencing manual, albeit in metres. Bronze is 104 x 65 yds. Lok is 102 x 64 yds. We meet Entry though, on pitch at least.

Edited by cmontheloknow

25 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Bathgate have lights but Armadale and Livingston dont, I dont think any of the rest do either.

Out of that lot a few have training lights - certainly not sufficient for a competitive game - but there are some in the list where there's nothing at all lighting-wise. I'm not even sure Coupar Angus have a team at the moment, far less floodlights.

ETA - I stand corrected...they do have training lights down one side of the park - no way you could play a game under them though.

Edited by Hillonearth

44 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Jeezo you're on this thread too asking the same dam questions. Is there no stopping you on this madness lol.

BM honestly take a break from p&b. This crusade of yours is pure mental

emoji16.pngemoji107.png

Pot kettle, mate

22 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Found out during the summer looking at the EoS for floodlights that it's not the most accurate source, but i'm not aware of a better alternative.

Only looking from the outside in, as I deal with youth coaching part of a junior team in the west but I find it very interesting.   I'm lead to believe from rumours and hearsay only,  it seems like many junior teams, especially in the 'West' are unsure so waiting to see what is happening. If Cumnock has applied then good for them and hope everything they have in place fits the criteria set down by the SFA to become a member club.    I'm sure there is many swithering including Clydebank whom I feel its only time once they jump. Teams like Pollok, I believe won't jump due to the lack of facitlies that the SFA require to become a member club, the size of the park is too small and no floodlights etc...

If half of the west junior clubs jumped, wonder if there would be just a WEST league equivalent to the South league and the East of Scotland league.   Personally, it would be great if the four west divisions would stay the way they are and become part of the pyramid system and the top division would be the equivalent of the south and east leagues.   Anyone know officially which junior clubs in the 3 regions, 'West', 'East' and 'North' are known NOT to have the correct facilities to become a member club ? I know Clydebank are laying a new bigger footballing surface and floodlights and should be ready by April

The issue is that there is no league in the west other than the south of Scotland for teams to move to. I don’t see Glasgow based clubs moving to the south when, as Clydebank have found out, you will struggle to put competitive teams on the park with that much travelling.

If there was an alternative west of Scotland league then I would think we would see 10 to 15 clubs heading their already but we have to wait to see what announcement comes out hopefully after the next meeting of the PWG.

West region clubs have to trust TJ at the moment and have been given no reason to doubt that they will be in the pyramid next season. If that changes then you may see a new league being created but nothing has come out that will have made them change their mind.

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

The issue is that there is no league in the west other than the south of Scotland for teams to move to. I don’t see Glasgow based clubs moving to the south when, as Clydebank have found out, you will struggle to put competitive teams on the park with that much travelling.

If there was an alternative west of Scotland league then I would think we would see 10 to 15 clubs heading their already but we have to wait to see what announcement comes out hopefully after the next meeting of the PWG.

West region clubs have to trust TJ at the moment and have been given no reason to doubt that they will be in the pyramid next season. If that changes then you may see a new league being created but nothing has come out that will have made them change their mind.

The South of Scotland is at 16 clubs now and one of those is Bonnyton Thistle. Say you did get 10-15 clubs to apply to the SoS you could probably split into regional divisions at the same level. Have the west clubs use the SoS infrastructure for a year or two. Then spin off into a proper WoSL or give the Lowland League a chance to create Lowland League 2 West.

Hit the nail on the head Arthurlie, but trying to get your point of view across on a forum where Burnieman monitors it night and day it can get lost on his drolling on and other posters dont get to see decent posts.

A true valid point and let's wait and see what the up coming meetings bring to the table. [emoji106]