Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Lol 1989/90 was the last time all "Fife" junior clubs were in the same league. :) Whatever set up the EOS juniors have next season Fife clubs will be in different leagues.

Nice username for your new alt though;)

I probably wasn't clear enough, will all Fife clubs be senior next season or not. I know there hasn't been a Fife junior league for a very long time.

On 21/02/2019 at 14:20, Burnie_man said:

As it stands, no.

Burnie_man

Have you any information as to when the outcome of the SFA club  licence applications will be announced ?   Also, is another PWG meeting scheduled soon ?

It has all gone very quiet, which seems unusual, especially as a week today it will be March.

Burnie_man
Have you any information as to when the outcome of the SFA club  licence applications will be announced ?   Also, is another PWG meeting scheduled soon ?
It has all gone very quiet, which seems unusual, especially as a week today it will be March.
Nope, no info yet on a date for SFA Board meeting.

On 09/06/2017 at 15:14, Burnie_man said:

Just throwing this out there for discussion.

As expected we've seen Kelty jump ship, maybe one or two will follow in the next couple of seasons but I can’t see a trickle becoming a flood for various reasons, particularly in the West.

However, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t a significant percentage of clubs out there who would like to see a proper pyramid structure in place which wholly involves Junior clubs, and for these clubs to work towards gaining an SFA Licence and work their way up that structure, participating in the Scottish Cup.

Currently, the SJFA don’t appear willing to engage in serious discussions with the SFA, or even open a debate internally with members on this issue.

So what do Junior clubs do next? what is the long-term future of Junior football?  Do nothing and hope that we only lose a handful of clubs and carry on unchanged, or begin an honest and open discussion between member clubs about how to integrate with the pyramid.

These are serious questions that now need asked but I doubt we’ll hear much about it at the upcoming AGM, it’ll be more head in the sand stuff and no leadership.

This was he first post of the topic at end of 2016/2017 season. Look how far we've come

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

11th March

I assume that 11/3/19 is for the PWG meeting .

Also. when is the Licensing Committee due to meet to determine the outcome of the ( rumoured 12-14 ?) clubs which applied for a licence under the SFA's pre-2019 rules ?   I assume (perhaps mistakenly) that no Junior clubs  would have applied, as they are not currently in the pyramid.

Is it the PWG meeting or is it the sub group of the PWG representing the Lower region?

I do not believe the former has met for well over 6 months so assume it is the latter ?

It may be the former is no more.

Still no physical evidence of a sub group having met or formed for the higher region.

22 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Is it the PWG meeting or is it the sub group of the PWG representing the Lower region?

I do not believe the former has met for well over 6 months so assume it is the latter ?

It may be the former is no more.

Still no physical evidence of a sub group having met or formed for the higher region.

It was said in the EoS pyramid thread that the HFL & North Region are waiting on the Lowland area being sorted.

Which makes sense as no one knows if the boundary is being changed, or what it is being changed to. So North of Tay East Region clubs would surely have to be involved.

It was said in the EoS pyramid thread that the HFL & North Region are waiting on the Lowland area being sorted.
Which makes sense as no one knows if the boundary is being changed, or what it is being changed to. So North of Tay East Region clubs would surely have to be involved.
Still does not establish what group is actually meeting. The PWG had highland representation.
The sub group does not and only covers the lower area.

13 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Still does not establish what group is actually meeting. The PWG had highland representation.
The sub group does not and only covers the lower area.

All I know is what i've said. The HFL & North Region apprently having talks until the Lowland area is sorted.

On 21/02/2019 at 10:02, Whitburn Vale said:

There has been no talks as yet with the SHFL and the NRJFA.

It's been put on the backburner until the South gets sorted out.