Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

44 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Half way through the season? 

You’re just being silly now.

They had a change of manager recently, how else to you expect a club like Eyemouth to get players? Budget must be close to non-existent and tied up in players already there.

Plus the post seems to suggest it's about planning for next season. Where's the harm in that?

24 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Doubtful. Their ground (at that time) was encIosed, and not part of a  public park. There were/are North junior grounds which are just as basic.

Are you sure it was enclosed? Dalmore Park certainly wasn't, but I don't think the one by the river (I can't remember the name) was either.

10 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Are you sure it was enclosed? Dalmore Park certainly wasn't, but I don't think the one by the river (I can't remember the name) was either.

As far as I can recall, their ground was enclosed,  albeit with a low wire fence.  Alness United were upset by the rejection of their SJFA application at that time. However the club is certainly  progressive in the NCL, which is a much stronger league than it was a decade ago.  Fort William looked likely to rejoin it this season, but had a late change of mind when a new management committee was appointed.    

The rejection of Breadalbane by virtue of its geographical location , suggests to me that Alness's situation was probably  similar.  

Do the WRJFA clubs remain optimistic they will be participating in the Pyramid for 2019/20 or are our hopes being well and truly scuttled by the ongoing problems in the East Region?

A press briefing from TJ might not go amiss at the moment.

Part of it might read as follows:

"Although the new format could be in place for the start of next season, Johnston feels the earliest any pyramid structure could happen would be the summer after next."

"Johnston said. "You would probably need to get the winners of the East and West Regions and the winners of the South of Scotland and East of Scotland to go into a play-off and meet the bottom sides in the Lowland league."

Thes above is the 2013 version from The Herald - it will represent an absolute tragedy if this same patter is going to be used again some six years on.

The lack of progress and the lack of communication on this very important issue is very depressing. Communication is the key in keeping member clubs up to date and on board.

Edited by Pyramidic

9 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

I was on the Lok committee at the time Alness were rejected and the reason was outlined to our committee. Memory can play tricks but I'm almost certain the ground was the issue, though it is changing rooms that I have in mind, and they weren't up to SJFA standards.

thanks

3 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Do the WRJFA clubs remain optimistic they will be participating in the Pyramid for 2019/20 or are our hopes being well and truly scuttled by the ongoing problems in the East Region?

A press briefing from TJ might not go amiss at the moment.

Part of it might read as follows:

"Although the new format could be in place for the start of next season, Johnston feels the earliest any pyramid structure could happen would be the summer after next."

"Johnston said. "You would probably need to get the winners of the East and West Regions and the winners of the South of Scotland and East of Scotland to go into a play-off and meet the bottom sides in the Lowland league."

Thes above is the 2013 version from The Herald - it will represent an absolute tragedy if this same patter is going to be used again some six years on.

The lack of progress and the lack of communication on this very important issue is very depressing. Communication is the key in keeping member clubs up to date and on board.

Should Scott Campbell at the Sun Non-League desk not be putting these important questions to those involved? Surely that’s the job of a journalist?!

5 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Should Scott Campbell at the Sun Non-League desk not be putting these important questions to those involved? Surely that’s the job of a journalist?!

He should, but there are plenty of others with more clout that could highlight the inefficiency of the Authorities. What are the chances of them administrating the game at any level, when they don't seen able to manage this process very well?

7 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Not sure there's much point. All the recent cut backs there will probably see his page sidelined before he has the chance to report the answers.

Edited by Ross.

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Penicuik v Stirling Uni tonight in the EOS qualifying cup quarter-finals. Apart from at the beginning and end of the season, did midweek cup or league matches ever take place under the lights in the East Juniors?

You've got lothan thistle Hutchison Vale vs camelon juniors in South challenge cup 4th round tomorrow night aswell

15 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Penicuik v Stirling Uni tonight in the EOS qualifying cup quarter-finals. Apart from at the beginning and end of the season, did midweek cup or league matches ever take place under the lights in the East Juniors?

Easthouses played Bonnyrigg on a Friday night under lights in one of the cups in the last couple of seasons. Bonnyrigg had a midweek game scheduled at lasswade rugby club under lights but it was postponed and the experiment was never carried out.

57 minutes ago, BS7 said:

Easthouses played Bonnyrigg on a Friday night under lights in one of the cups in the last couple of seasons. Bonnyrigg had a midweek game scheduled at lasswade rugby club under lights but it was postponed and the experiment was never carried out.

Assuming it was this one in October 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uzrDHD694E

Guest joe hunter
On 09/06/2017 at 15:55, fan of the juniors said:

Plodding along until the dinasours finally give up the ghost & then maybe we can move into the 20th century .

Where have all the crowds gon fae the junior game ? The Peasy cup final fae years ago had 77000 !  Don't really watch the junior game but is it that bad ?

Where have all the crowds gon fae the junior game ? The Peasy cup final fae years ago had 77000 !  Don't really watch the junior game but is it that bad ?

Crowds have gone the same way across all of Scottish football. The standard issue is subjective. The junior game i grew up on was blood and thunder but now it’s a different game.

I also think many clubs have lost their local identities due to changes in the community. Growing up arthurlie were part of the community throw Shanks and the Kennel Meat factory but those business have gone and replaced by houses with Barrhead becoming a commuter town with people coming from out with the area not having the same affinity to the club. Joining the pyramid is not going to cure these issues but they could well help change the view of some people. Clubs need to do more in the community to get fans back along with improving facilities.

31 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Crowds have gone the same way across all of Scottish football. The standard issue is subjective. The junior game i grew up on was blood and thunder but now it’s a different game.

I also think many clubs have lost their local identities due to changes in the community. Growing up arthurlie were part of the community throw Shanks and the Kennel Meat factory but those business have gone and replaced by houses with Barrhead becoming a commuter town with people coming from out with the area not having the same affinity to the club. Joining the pyramid is not going to cure these issues but they could well help change the view of some people. Clubs need to do more in the community to get fans back along with improving facilities.

There used to be more kids on the pitch at half time than there are Arthurlie fans at some games nowadays.   

I've asked you this before but can't remember the answer, do Arthurlie ever try and give tickets to be distributed through the schools?

Another issue is that as you drive or walk past Dunterlie there is nothing to say who Arthurlie's next game is against.  They miss a trick there as it is a busy road. 

There used to be more kids on the pitch at half time than there are Arthurlie fans at some games nowadays.   
I've asked you this before but can't remember the answer, do Arthurlie ever try and give tickets to be distributed through the schools?
Another issue is that as you drive or walk past Dunterlie there is nothing to say who Arthurlie's next game is against.  They miss a trick there as it is a busy road. 

There was attempts made to give tickets to the schools but due to a number of issues on both sides it never happened.

I agree about the board. We looked into getting something close to what whitecraigs have in the Mearns. There were concerns about vandalism of the board and it was shelved.

My hope is that the ground move that is currently under discussion will reenergise the club!!