Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Open trial kilbowiebenches mentions details are here

EYEMOUTH UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB

OPEN TRIAL

We are Inviting promising ambitious players who are interested in playing Senior Football in the East of Scotland League and being part of a progressive club towards next season and beyond to come along to an Open Trial at our Training on a Wednesday night at Heriot Watt University, Oriam Indoor Pitch, 8.30pm – 9.30pm and Thursday night at Eyemouth High School, 7pm – 8.30pm

Looks like its a club trying to plan ahead for next season and beyond, not sure how that makes them a pub team. Not sure how many pub teams training at the Oriam indoor pitch.

Other team kilbowiebenches mentioned was Tweedmouth. Its fair to say they struggled last season and early this season but results are steadily improving and not many pub teams are preparing for new facilities like Tweedmouth are.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2052994841534688&id=113939345440257

Tweedmouth guys deserve a lot of credit for getting on with it after the rug was pulled from underneath them by Berwick Rangers just before the season started.

As you say, them and Eyemouth and the other original EoS clubs deserve much credit for dealing with the "influx" of clubs and the sometimes harsh results that comes with it, but things will settle down again and they'll be in a much better place for it.

5 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

Are they seriously looking at either going junior or senior? Would be a guid day oot and a new frontier.

I'm sure they applied to the ERJFA a few seasons ago but got knocked back, apparently on facilities; although having been to Home Street, it certainly doesn't look far off, if at all.

37 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

Are they seriously looking at either going junior or senior? Would be a guid day oot and a new frontier.

There was talk in the EOS forum about Breadalbane as Kelty played a pre-season friendly there, then someone seemingly in the know posted about the club. I'd assume the floodlights requirement would scupper their licence application but their ground should be fine for the ERJFA.

And if the best Tayside juniors joined with the top north sides, some more clubs would be no doubt be welcome so there's enough teams for a good Tayside division below.

Edited by Ginaro

9 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

There was talk in the EOS forum about Breadalbane as Kelty played a pre-season friendly there, then someone seemingly in the know posted about the club. I'd assume the floodlights requirement would scupper their licence application but their ground should be fine for the ERJFA.

And if the best Tayside juniors joined with the top north sides, some more clubs would be no doubt be welcome so there's enough teams for a good Tayside division below.

I think during that discussion it was said they have floodlights.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think during that discussion it was said they have floodlights.

Yes indeed. Helps if I read the post. :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Did someone not mention stray golf balls being an issue at Breadalbane...?

Yes but the Breadalbane poster says it's not a problem.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

A decade ago, it was rumoured that  Alness United's  application to join the Juniors, was also rejected by the SJFA and/or the NRJFA  because of the club's geographical  location. A club north of Inverness ?  It's too far to travel !

AU is currently a well established NCL club, which also has an excellent development XI playing in the Highland Youth League. 

Edited by Robert James
typo error

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yet they are still playing for the jersey every single week in senior football. So what if they get beat, lot of decent people involved in that club who opened their league up to bigger clubs in the spirit of openness and inclusivity.

It was Burnieman that called the clubs that had applied for the ERJFA pub teams ffs 

Try and read posts in their proper context before spouting pish.

2 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

It was Burnieman that called the clubs that had applied for the ERJFA pub teams ffs 

Try and read posts in their proper context before spouting pish.

I posted what I had been sent in it's entirety, unedited.  Try and read posts before making a rip roaring arse of yourself as usual.

Just now, Kilbowie Benches said:

You felt the need to post it  making it your usual one sided slabbering hate filled post about the ERJFA.

FFS :lol:    See if it really true that you are on the Clydebank board, they'd be well advised to get rid of this slavering mess.

9 hours ago, Robert James said:

A decade ago, it was rumoured that  Alness United's  application to join the Juniors, was also rejected by the SJFA and/or the NRJFA  because of the club's geographical  location. A club north of Inverness ?  It's too far to travel !

AU is currently a well established NCL club, which also has an excellent development XI playing in the Highland Youth League. 

Almost certain that their facilities were not good enough so their application was rejected.

16 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Half way through the season? 

You’re just being silly now.

So shouldn't have them or try and improve a team because seasons started. Imagine doing something and havinget change. If the magic 25 hadnt moved we would still be junior and noone would be in pyramid 

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Almost certain that their facilities were not good enough so their application was rejected.

The ground wasn't enclosed if I can remember that far back. The Highland Football Academy where they now play isn't either.

Edited by Cyclizine
typo