Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Alleged?
I was away from football for a bit so I missed it when it happened so I only heard of it after the fact By your questioning I assume its very real & paints the sjfa in a very bad light. Can hardly blame The Bankies & fans such as yourself for wanting away from the sjfa with such treatment & actions aimed at stifling the club & indeed sending a message to other clubs who dare break rank

Travel for the Dundee clubs to greater Aberdeen is not massively different to travelling to Ayrshire for games. Suck it up - yes, they're caught in the middle but Scottish football shouldn't bend the knee to them. They've only played league football with clubs south of the Tay (Tayport excepted!) since 2002 as it is. It's not as if tradition is being shredded here.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you here. I live in Dundee and have driven to both Aberdeenshire and Ayrshire quite a few times. I have to say there is a massive difference. Aberdeenshire is much easier to get to, especially with the Aberdeen by-pass finished now.

As I say, maybe too black and white in my thoughts. Although other clubs from the west went in.... East Kilbride, Cumbernauld colts and bsc.... From my experiences with these clubs they would have made an I formed choice, not a jump into the abyss. 
Whilst I understand there may be perceived injustices, do these remain because the LL is now seen as a chance missed? 

That’s an nonsense argument. These were new clubs who had little to no fans bases when they began. It’s not the same as leaving an established league and to use that as an argument shows a complete lack of understanding of the issue faced by clubs in the west.

2 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

That’s an nonsense argument. These were new clubs who had little to no fans bases when they began. It’s not the same as leaving an established league and to use that as an argument shows a complete lack of understanding of the issue faced by clubs in the west.

I don't believe it to be a nonsense argument, although you are entitled to your opinion as much as I am. Hopefully the west comes into the pyramid, the ersjfa is consumed into the eosfl and the tayside/north argument is settled..... Meaning everyone can compete on a level playing field and progress as a one. However to do that involves the sjfa potentially going against their mandate, for the east at least. 

9 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

This is the problem with this thread. It’s not just the leagues that are dug in its the fans who (from both sides) who are also.

As I said before there is no way of knowing who is right and who is wrong until an announcement is made. I think people from all sides should stop throwing about accusations and personal attacks on people without any foundation.

Agreed, it doesn't help that officials of different sides are making different claims. I'm not going to accuse people on here of deliberately lying to the others in this thread. I think the vast majority of people on here genuinely believe what they are saying, even if these people contradict others who could be just as genuine. Whether or not the people they got their information from are just as genuine remains to be seen. And that's exactly the problem, as long as no official messages are put out (even if it's just "nothing is agreed yet, discussions are going on"), people can claim whatever they like... That's my main criticism of the way this process is being handled, a bit more transparency would at least make all sides know what we're actually discussing about.

9 hours ago, jc1 said:
10 hours ago, Pyramidic said:
If the ERJFA retain their 36 clubs and somehow join the SFA Pyramid at Tier 6 for 2019/20 (as promoted by their officials), they would have 39 clubs with the addition of.
Breadalbane FC (Aberfeldy)
Linlithgow juniors (Amateur club)
Bo'ness juniors (Amateur club)
Would the ERJFA be enlightened enough to progess with 39 clubs as this would destroy the concept of 2 divisions of 18 clubs?
So would we have a flat pyramid of 3 district divisions of 13 clubs with playoffs at the end of the season for progression to the LL Pyramid Playoffs (subject to Licensing  restrictions)?
OR
Retention of the existing structure with Fauldhouse etc retaining their expensive trips to Tayside?

Were these issues discussed at the latest ERJFA meeting?
There are a number of issues that need to be ironed out including:
- the loss of status if there is no Super League and just 2 or 3 weak district leagues
- the avoidance of "cricket score" results for teams like Lochee if the league structure is revised on a district basis
- the possibility that teams like Fauldhouse will  be faced with excessive costs and little income playing matches against Tayside clubs if the Super League is retained.
The ERJFA  need to make a positive position statement so that clubs can make informed decisions on their future.

My thoughts and only my opinion are it stays as is we have no choice but to go

When will you make that decision because they will muck about well after jexit day so you can't go

11 hours ago, lowenan said:

The HL/LL dividing line is a major hurdle, perhaps the main one. Yet there seems to be very little focus on it.

As I said previously, the obvious solution for NOW, is for the ERJFA clubs north of the Tay, to form a "Superleague"  with the North juniors. Dundee and Aberdeen are ONLY  66 miles apart and road connections are good. 

Beneath the combined "Superleague", the lower divisions would be regionalised to mirror the existing North and East membership.

Also agree "a backstop" (sorry but other posters have referred to Brexit/Fixit/No Deal etc,) whereby the new merged structure HAS to be REVIEWED (by the SFA) before the end of the next TWO SEASONS at the latest. 

This would remove for now:

* the need to review/change the HFL/SLL "boundary"  

* the overlapping leagues obstacle in the East.  Existing juniors can stay with the ERJFA for now, OR join the EoS, OR transfer to the WRJFA)  .

* the need to finalise pyramid arrangements with the Highland League.

The  SJFA's Tier 6 claims for the East Juniors, is irrelevant at present, as NONE of these clubs have an SFA licence ,  and will need time to get one before they can seek promotion to the Lowland. I am also doubtful that the NRJFA clubs have actually been asked if they would favour a merger with north Tay clubs. Such a change would raise standards in this area.

FOOTNOTE :  I wonder if the SFA or PWG has spoken to the English FA, and considered how similar pyramid problems were overcome own south ?

9 hours ago, Vollyman said:

What a mess no thought, no leadership the Egyptians were wise in not setting up s PWG if they had done so they would still be building the Pyramids

In all of this discussion, by far the best , funniest and most relevant comment, genius.

8 hours ago, Marten said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you here. I live in Dundee and have driven to both Aberdeenshire and Ayrshire quite a few times. I have to say there is a massive difference. Aberdeenshire is much easier to get to, especially with the Aberdeen by-pass finished now.

Agreed

Also, Dundee to Edinburgh is 63 miles, plus a lot more traffic/driving hassle (and cost). 

Edited by Robert James
post sent in error before completed

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

As I said previously, the obvious solution for NOW, is for the ERJFA clubs north of the Tay, to form a "Superleague"  with the North juniors. Dundee and Aberdeen are ONLY  66 miles apart and road connections are good. 

Beneath the combined "Superleague", the lower divisions would be regionalised to mirror the existing North and East membership.

Also agree "a backstop" (sorry but other posters have referred to Brexit/Fixit/No Deal etc,) whereby the new merged structure HAS to be REVIEWED (by the SFA) before the end of the next TWO SEASONS at the latest. 

This would remove for now:

* the need to review/change the HFL/SLL "boundary"  

* the overlapping leagues obstacle in the East.  Existing juniors can stay with the ERJFA for now, OR join the EoS, OR transfer to the WRJFA)  .

* the need to finalise pyramid arrangements with the Highland League.

The  SJFA's Tier 6 claims for the East Juniors, is irrelevant at present, as NONE of these clubs have an SFA licence ,  and will need time to get one before they can seek promotion to the Lowland. I am also doubtful that the NRJFA clubs have actually been asked if they would favour a merger with north Tay clubs. Such a change would raise standards in this area.

FOOTNOTE :  I wonder if the SFA or PWG has spoken to the English FA, and considered how similar pyramid problems were overcome own south ?

It’s a good idea, but I don’t see anything from the Juniors about it happening.

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Allegedly one of the options is a north and south 10 team super league with a league belowso be 8 or 9 teams if these amateur clubs do join

North Super (10)

Broughty, Carnoustie, Downfield, Dundee NE, Forfar WE, Kirrie, Lochee, Luncarty, Scone, Tayport

North Premier (9)

Arbroath Vics, Blairgowrie, Brechin Vics, Coupar Angus, East Craigie, Violet, Forfar Albion, Kinnoull, Lochee Harp

South Super (10)

Armadale, Bathgate, Fauldhouse, Glenrothes, Harthill, Kennoway, Livingston, Pumpherston, Thornton, Whitburn

South Premier (9)

Kirkcaldy, Lochgelly, Lochore, Newburgh, Rosyth, Stoneyburn, West Calder, Pub team 1, Pub team 2

I believe the other options are 2 x 18, or no change at all.

9 and 10 team leagues for eternity.........

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

North Super (10)

Broughty, Carnoustie, Downfield, Dundee NE, Forfar WE, Kirrie, Lochee, Luncarty, Scone, Tayport

North Premier (9)

Arbroath Vics, Blairgowrie, Brechin Vics, Coupar Angus, East Craigie, Violet, Forfar Albion, Kinnoull, Lochee Harp

South Super (10)

Armadale, Bathgate, Fauldhouse, Glenrothes, Harthill, Kennoway, Livingston, Pumpherston, Thornton, Whitburn

South Premier (9)

Kirkcaldy, Lochgelly, Lochore, Newburgh, Rosyth, Stoneyburn, West Calder, Pub team 1, Pub team 2

9 and 10 team leagues for 

South super looks not bad league other than to small a league

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

North Super (10)

North Premier (9)

South Super (10)

South Premier (9)

9 and 10 team leagues for eternity.........

EoSL fan calling clubs pub teams :lol:

Dundonald 13,Eyemouth 0. hmmm

Edited by Kilbowie Benches

1 minute ago, Wee Call said:

I think this is as good a post as I’ve seen on this subject. Haven’t read the whole thread but been following it since the end of last season. Just a fan so can’t comment on the licensing side of things but don’t see a problem with the 2 different leagues being part of the pyramid at tier 6. As someone who attends home games and only the occasional away game I fully understand why travel would be a problem for most so for me it makes sense that the Lothian clubs moved to the east of Scotland league but not the Fife clubs. I think the lack of communication from the powers that be coupled with the scare tactics employed by some on here with their own agenda after Kelty jumped ship panicked them into moving. Surely if it’s true that the east juniors are joining the pyramid it makes sense for the Fife clubs at the very least to move back into the super league. I know I’d be at a lot more away games next season.

That's hI'll of Beath Dundonald st andrews and oakley.  Inverkeithing and burnt island weren't juniors so probably not interest in juniors 

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Those plans (if true) get scuppered awful quick if a few move to the EOS.

I assume it'll be clubs playing each other 3 times a season for 27 & 24 games in each division.

They'd have to play 3 or 4 times each I presume.