Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, John S said:

Looking forward to when this is sorted out. If decisions have been made why has everyone concerned not been notified and made public?

Because their hasn't been dispite what locheeboy is claiming and still won't answere what the ersjfa structure is for options are for next season

27 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
29 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
Eosfl had a meeting last night

I assumed it was a monthly EOS meeting. Was there anything else of note discussed re: pyramid?

More or less from info I was told west look like could be in bit it's sorting out the details east is a no and the North are apparently not interested 

Larry it was you that stated the North Juniors are not interested.

I accept on the face value the Maxwell statement.

What happened to the ALL clubs SJFA voted for entry to pyramid ?

You have not actually addressed how the North can be left behind.

Also if the East Juniors are in pyramid alongside Eos next season, surely talk of killing the superleague is an absolute joke of a suggestion ?

Having 2 or even 3 equal district leagues with no relegation would be an absolute shocker.

Would be a pretty flat looking pyramid

Edited by superbigal

Because their hasn't been dispite what locheeboy is claiming and still won't answere what the ersjfa structure is for options are for next season
Not up to locheeboy to say but given issue affects so many clubs over various associations SFA need to ensure decisions made timeously to allow clubs to plan for next season.

56 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

I never said that. When this is all over and the truth prevails some bright spark will say...that was in the email from Maxwell back in October. By the way I am not on here to wind anyone up unlike some

Difficult to predict with any certainty what the outcome will be.

But even if the East Juniors remain intact and enter the pyramid at Tier 6, it isn't going to be a very good league set up for the remaining West Lothian and some Fife clubs.

Maybe the SFA, if they are indeed backing what you say, are assuming that some clubs will follow a natural and logical course by joining the EoS of their own accord.

Edited by Che Dail

8 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Larry it was you that stated the North Juniors are not interested.

I accept on the face value the Maxwell statement.

What happened to the ALL clubs SJFA voted for entry to pyramid ?

You have not actually addressed how the North can be left behind.

Al, I am not saying they will be left behind. I was informed by a friend who is an official at a HL club that the recent meeting held up North between the NRJFA & HL attended by Iain Maxwell resulted in the Junior clubs happy to remain Junior. 

I would also add I am not interested in reorganising leagues etc there are enough on P&B who are doing that just now. 

14 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Al, I am not saying they will be left behind. I was informed by a friend who is an official at a HL club that the recent meeting held up North between the NRJFA & HL attended by Iain Maxwell resulted in the Junior clubs happy to remain Junior. 

I would also add I am not interested in reorganising leagues etc there are enough on P&B who are doing that just now. 

Glad to here the current structure is good enough for Lochee Utd

Watching Tayport v Coupar Angus or Arbroath Vics as staple stuff fills me with dread. 

I believe Fauldhouse should be told to leave for the EOS if they cannot afford to stay in the East super.

Edited by superbigal

16 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Glad to here the current structure is good enough for Lochee Utd

Watching Tayport v Coupar Angus or Arbroath Vics as staple stuff feeds me with dread. 

I believe Fauldhouse should be told to leave for the EOS if they cannot afford to stay in the East super.

The East Super League has been fantastic but costs keep rising and I believe the main reason the majority of clubs left was down to that. The EoS top league next season will be more competitive with next to no travel involved and more local matches and derbys. The East Region was always far to big an area and thats what I think has killed it. As for a North/Tayside Super League that will not happen and if if did it would not be any stronger than a Tayside league.

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 13:16, Marten said:

Based on what I know about Roselea and sharing at Links Park, I assume that if the NRJFA become a part of the pyramid, you'll be well placed to quickly get your license?

I think it would be a straight tick box unless there is criteria where you have to have first dibs on the pitch which we don't.  As far as Roselea moving up a potential pyramid there is no desire within in the club to do so based on travel and competing with a Senior side in a small town or should we say a very successful and well run Senior side in a very small town with not enough to go around two Non League sides. Entry to the Big Scottish Cup would be exciting though and an ambition for all at the club both behind the scenes and players/Management. If only Banks o Dee would move to the Highland League! On that I understand the North Region Management Committee should be meeting the Highland League to discuss or perhaps have done. I hear Banks o Dee are only interested in moving to HL if it splits to two Regional Leagues of 10.

I asked Kilbowie Benches the following questions and he chose to ignore them so perhaps locheeboy can provide answers to issues that simply must be resolved before any of what he says will happen can happen. I’m genuinely keen to see how these hurdles have been overcome and would greatly appreciate some sort of answers, as I’m sure everyone would. Simply saying the same thing over and over again when there are known rules that prevent it simply doesn’t make it so.

The rules that govern the Pyramid cannot be ripped up at a whim so how are all the problems that these rules will put in the way of your Tier 6 assertion becoming reality going to be addressed to bring about what you claim?;

- HL/LL boundary as it affects Tayside clubs feeding into the EOSFL (as per the rules previously and often stated in this thread). How will it be overcome?

- EoSFL ‘veto’ on proposals that would bring a geographically overlapping ERSJFA into the Pyramid (as per the rules previously and often stated in this thread). How will it be overcome?

- NRSJFA not wishing access to the Pyramid but SJFA only have a mandate of all in or none in (as has been stated previously and often in this thread). How will this be overcome?

1 hour ago, locheeboy said:

Fixtures to be issued by the ERJFA & WRJFA  this is because the SFA do not have the man power. Check the minutes Laura Anderson clearly states that in a response to the EoS reps who nit pick all the way through the proceedings which led to them being put in their place. All I am saying is fact. Happy to discuss this face to face anytime anywhere. The facts are the facts.

You try to sound sensible but then you let yourself down with stuff like this which show you're talking shite. Fixtures are issued by each individual league organisation - the SFA only issue fixtures for the Scottish Cup, so I'm not sure why there is even a mention of man power in the SFA.

The stumbling block with the fixtures is that if there is to be a four-way LL play-off, all the leagues need to have crowned a champion by early-mid May so there is no delay to the play-offs. Whilst this isn't a problem for the EOS/SOS, the ERJFA & WRJFA seasons normally don't have their winners sorted until mid-late May - or even into June as was the case last season in the west.

I expect that the WRJFA fixture secretary is competent enough to sort things out, but will the ERJFA be able to do so?

Edited by Ginaro

4 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

You try to sound sensible but then you let yourself down with stuff like this which show you're talking shite. Fixtures are issued by each individual league organisation - the SFA only issue fixtures for the Scottish Cup, so I'm not sure why there is even a mention of man power in the SFA.

The stumbling block with the fixtures is that if there is to be a four-way LL play-off, all the leagues need to have crowned a champion by early-mid May so there is no delay to the play-offs. Whilst this isn't a problem for the EOS/SOS, the ERJFA & WRJFA seasons normally don't have their winners sorted until mid-late May - or even into June as was the case last season in the west.

I expect that the WRJFA fixture secretary is competent enough to sort things out, but will the ERJFA be able to do so?

To be fair with a 22 game league it is absolutely not an issue in the East to be finished by then.

John Reilly is a pretty proficient fixture secretary in his defence. 

I think him being a 100% genuine neutral does also help.

Edited by superbigal

4 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

they've only got a 22 game league season to worry about, certainly makes it easier :)

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

To be fair with a 22 game league it is absolutely not an issue in the East to be finished by then.

John Reilly is a pretty proficient fixture secretary in his defence.

It's a hell of a lot easier when most of the league's members have exited the Junior Cup before the clocks have changed,

I did not know the EoS issued their own fixtures I thought it was done through the LL ! An honest mistake if I said it was the SFA !  Why should you worry about how our fixtures are issued ? The full fixture list that was issued for the EoS has been changed many times but I don't see that as a problem either. 

24 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

I asked Kilbowie Benches the following questions and he chose to ignore them so perhaps locheeboy can provide answers to issues that simply must be resolved before any of what he says will happen can happen. I’m genuinely keen to see how these hurdles have been overcome and would greatly appreciate some sort of answers, as I’m sure everyone would. Simply saying the same thing over and over again when there are known rules that prevent it simply doesn’t make it so.

The rules that govern the Pyramid cannot be ripped up at a whim so how are all the problems that these rules will put in the way of your Tier 6 assertion becoming reality going to be addressed to bring about what you claim?;

- HL/LL boundary as it affects Tayside clubs feeding into the EOSFL (as per the rules previously and often stated in this thread). How will it be overcome?

- EoSFL ‘veto’ on proposals that would bring a geographically overlapping ERSJFA into the Pyramid (as per the rules previously and often stated in this thread). How will it be overcome?

- NRSJFA not wishing access to the Pyramid but SJFA only have a mandate of all in or none in (as has been stated previously and often in this thread). How will this be overcome?

Nobody is ripping up anything the PWG has accepted the Juniors in at Tier 6 ....If a Tayside club wins the play off and they have their licence then they will progress to the LL.... EoS cannot veto that it is agreed ...... There is no mandate of all in or none. The North have a decison to make but from what I am hearing they are not interested. This will not have any effect on the ERJFA & WRJFA... 

Once again if I am wrong or spouting shite you will soon find out and I will happily take abuse.......can the same be said for Burnieman ?

Nobody is ripping up anything the PWG has accepted the Juniors in at Tier 6 ....If a Tayside club wins the play off and they have their licence then they will progress to the LL.... EoS cannot veto that it is agreed ...... There is no mandate of all in or none. The North have a decison to make but from what I am hearing they are not interested. This will not have any effect on the ERJFA & WRJFA... 
Once again if I am wrong or spouting shite you will soon find out and I will happily take abuse.......can the same be said for Burnieman ?
Why if they were accepted would the EOS inform its members there was a stalemate over the east & hold its line of only one league out east? To get in there has to be agreement among all PWG members & every member has a right to veto proposals which in an ERJFA proposal the EOS will use. EOS opposition can't just be ignored.

Also the LL/HL dividing line is a non-pwg matter & is for the professional game body to decide (SPFL + LL/HL)