Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

21 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Can someone please post the actual wording of what was passed at the SJFA AGM?

Is it the case that the SJFA were to explore a route into the Pyramid for their clubs?

At the moment there is a huge gap in the West/Central area of the Pyramid that is about to be taken up by the West Region. That would suggest that a route has been found for a section of the membership with other routes still to be finalised.

Just like everything else we read on here though, the Pro-Pyramid, Anti-Junior Brigade claim they want the Juniors in, but the minute it looks likely, they start looking for obstacles to their entry.

Let's face it. All this talk of no need for 2 associations in the same area is just a smokescreen to hide the fact that the EOSL want to have complete control of the East and it's self-preservation for their own ends.

Get the ERSJA in, see how it works, if it doesn't then let's look at it and sort it then.

Come on surely you can see their is no need for 2 leagues to cover same area.

15 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Hang on, I thought it was me who was supposed to be having the meltdown, reality dawning :lol:

As has been said umpteen times nobody has an issue with the West joining (but you really want there to be, sorry) but it seems the North have zero interest, and the EoS are the Senior tier 6/7 league covering the east so rightly are standing their ground to stop the stupidity of having two separate leagues in the east of Scotland.

It's the SJFA's own approach that will ultimately sink them unless they change.  With the North not interested, how do the other regions get into the Pyramid and under different rules, has anyone answered that particular point? As it stands, it's all in or nobody in, and the North don't want in, so the SJFA will need to go back to member clubs and agree to a split in the Association for that to happen. 

It's either that, or the West leave the SJFA and plough their own furrow in the Pyramid.

Spot on Burnie_man.  

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Rules affecting the junior regions outside pyramid could  be modified to be in tune with the rules of West region juniors inside pyramid?

They could, if that is possible, they have to replicate exactly what the SFA does for the HL/LL/EoS/SoS.

It doesn't take away the issue of the North (and East) sitting outside the Pyramid but the West region inside. The SJFA cannot do that unless they get agreement from member clubs.

If it wasn't riven with self interested and job preservation for one man, the West could simply operate as an independent league outside of the SJFA, and let the SJFA concentrate on running the North and East. That is the sensible approach, but there isn't a lot of sense being employed in all of this.

The idea that one region goes in and others don't makes me reconsider the speculation that the SFA want the SJFA to continue administrating things as a middle man.

Presumably all 3 regions will align with SFA rules but with 2 regions not being in the SFA Pyramid, why should the SFA do extra work for nothing in return.

51 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Hang on, I thought it was me who was supposed to be having the meltdown, reality dawning :lol:

As has been said umpteen times nobody has an issue with the West joining (but you really want there to be, sorry) but it seems the North have zero interest, and the EoS are the Senior tier 6/7 league covering the east so rightly are standing their ground to stop the stupidity of having two separate leagues in the east of Scotland.

It's the SJFA's own approach that will ultimately sink them unless they change.  With the North not interested, how do the other regions get into the Pyramid and under different rules, has anyone answered that particular point? As it stands, it's all in or nobody in, and the North don't want in, so the SJFA will need to go back to member clubs and agree to a split in the Association for that to happen. 

It's either that, or the West leave the SJFA and plough their own furrow in the Pyramid.

Have the NRJFA clubs said that they are "not interested" ?  As far as I can recall from the SJFA Questionnaire, there was a majority of clubs in the north who wanted to join the pyramid.

Has there been a North EGM, or a Management Meeting, when this was decided ? If so, have I missed an announcement ? 

Isn't a merger between the north juniors, and the north of the Tay juniors, one of the options to be considered ? Or am I wrong ?

Have the NRJFA clubs said that they are "not interested" ?  As far as I can recall from the SJFA Questionnaire, there was a majority of clubs in the north who wanted to join the pyramid.
Has there been a North EGM, or a Management Meeting, when this was decided ? If so, have I missed an announcement ? 
Isn't a merger between the north juniors, and the north of the Tay juniors, one of the options to be considered ? Or am I wrong ?
Robert you ask a lot of questions that nobody can answer! The North aren't interested apparently.

4 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Pretty decent idea that this is (in fact, probably more than pretty decent), isn't it just one that only you yourself floated yesterday? I can't remember it being mentioned anywhere else until then.

9 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

Pretty decent idea that this is (in fact, probably more than pretty decent), isn't it just one that only you yourself floated yesterday? I can't remember it being mentioned anywhere else until then.

Yeah, the debate yesterday on the north region was actually pretty good. They are often forgotten about in this thread, which is mainly on east and west...

Tayside clubs were meant to merge with the North when reconstruction happened in the early 00's although for one reason or another it never happened & Tayside merged with Fife & Lothian districts. Can't possibly tell you what the reasons were as I was fairly young at the time

Hang on, I thought it was me who was supposed to be having the meltdown, reality dawning [emoji38]
No doubt in my mind who needs the reality check.
You claim that no-one has an issue with the West joining, yet here you and your henchmen are, raising the issue of them joining without the rest.
You also claim that 2 leagues in the same area is stupidity, well that is your view, not mine, but then again my team is in the West and has nothing to fear, whereas yours????

Calm down mate, you are coming across as agressive.

Can you explain who needs the reality check ? I'm seeing the usual seethe and bluster from those that worship the "grade" but as per usual there are no answers, the sooner we in the West become senior in July and can put this "grade" shite behind us the better.

7 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

You claim that no-one has an issue with the West joining, yet here you and your henchmen are, raising the issue of them joining without the rest.
You also claim that 2 leagues in the same area is stupidity, well that is your view, not mine, but then again my team is in the West and has nothing to fear, whereas yours????

Several people here are making pretty clear they have no issue themselves with the west region joining on their own, but are wondering if that's going to be accepted by the SJFA as the vote around this issue was to join as a whole.

And I've still not seen a single valid reason to have 2 feeder leagues covering the same area. And don't come with "one is junior, the other is senior", as there is no serious difference between junior and senior non-league.

Henchmen? Don't have a meltdown bud [emoji106]

1 hour ago, Black & Red Socks said:

It has been mentioned but good luck finding it! I went to the bother of working out travel times from Dundee to the North etc...

About here or so...

Edited by cmontheloknow

11 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Sorry, poor choice of word there.
How about sycophants?
Yes, that's more like it.
Sycophant - noun, - a self seeking, servile flatterer, fawning parasite.

Defo meltdown, have a cuppa and calm down and switch to one of your other ID's

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

They could, if that is possible, they have to replicate exactly what the SFA does for the HL/LL/EoS/SoS.

It doesn't take away the issue of the North (and East) sitting outside the Pyramid but the West region inside. The SJFA cannot do that unless they get agreement from member clubs.

If it wasn't riven with self interested and job preservation for one man, the West could simply operate as an independent league outside of the SJFA, and let the SJFA concentrate on running the North and East. That is the sensible approach, but there isn't a lot of sense being employed in all of this.

Agreed but of course if the SFA (Lowland League) could have pre-empted it by setting up a Lowland League west and using  that as a method of slotting teams in and starting the process.  Week leadership there in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Agreed but of course if the SFA (Lowland League) could have pre-empted it by setting up a Lowland League west and using  that as a method of slotting teams in and starting the process.  Week leadership there in my opinion.

It's a chicken and egg situation - the LL would need to know there is enough clubs interested in a west league prior to setting one up (you'd look pretty stupid saying your setting up a league an no one applied...), but the Junior clubs in the west are not going to break rank and ask to join a league that doesn't exist while the SJFA are supposedly discussing the WRJFA moving over en-masse to the senior pyramid.

I can see it happening if there is a breakdown in talks between SJFA and the PWG, but would take a core of Super League clubs to instigate. 

18 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

why would they set up a Lowland League West - when the current Lowland league covers this geographical area?