Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

37 minutes ago, gwd440 said:

Well, hypothetically, let's say Bonnyrigg get promoted this season and Whitehill get reprieved.

Next season's EOS Premier will have Penicuik, HoB, Dundonald, Linlithgow, Broxburn, Boness etc all battling for the single promotion play off spot.  It will be a tough prospect.

However, if the ERJFA joins the pyramid at the same level, then one or two of those clubs could be looking at moving back across for potentially easier route to the play offs (assuming they are allowed back).

It's another reason why having two leagues in the East is problematic.

If we believe some of the fodder that we have been fed re the New Pyramid there would be a Junior Playoff and a Senior Playoff:

ERJFA v WRJFA  (Juniors)

EoSL v SoSL (Seniors)

If that is the case the ERJFA route would be much more difficult road to follow and any current EoSL club would be heading for troubled waters if they thought they had found an easier route to the Lowland League.

2 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

If we believe some of the fodder that we have been fed re the New Pyramid there would be a Junior Playoff and a Senior Playoff:

ERJFA v WRJFA  (Juniors)

EoSL v SoSL (Seniors)

If that is the case the ERJFA route would be much more difficult road to follow and any current EoSL club would be heading for troubled waters if they thought they had found an easier route to the Lowland League.

This would still be easier imo.  1 or 2 contenders to win the ERJFA,  then the WRJFA champions (but few licensed West clubs), so maybe a walkover, then probably the EoSL winners.

The EoSL champions will have beaten off 5 or 6 contenders in their own league before still having to face the SoSL winners, then the West/East Junior representatives.

3 minutes ago, gwd440 said:

This would still be easier imo.  1 or 2 contenders to win the ERJFA,  then the WRJFA champions (but few licensed West clubs), so maybe a walkover, then probably the EoSL winners.

The EoSL champions will have beaten off 5 or 6 contenders in their own league before still having to face the SoSL winners, then the West/East Junior representatives.

I diasagree.  Once the WRSJA are in the Pyramid the desire for promotion will take on a momentum all of its own (as it did in the Highland League at Tier 5 despite initial opposition). The WRSJA clubs will be very strong - much stronger than any the ERJFA can field.

Are you trying to pomote EoSL teams to return to the ERJFA?

8 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

I diasagree.  Once the WRSJA are in the Pyramid the desire for promotion will take on a momentum all of its own (as it did in the Highland League at Tier 5 despite initial opposition). The WRSJA clubs will be very strong - much stronger than any the ERJFA can field.

Are you trying to pomote EoSL teams to return to the ERJFA?

I agree about the strength of the West clubs. Just not so sure about how quickly many of them will be able to get their facilities etc up to scratch.

Not trying to promote EoSL teams to return. Just suggesting a potential scenario.  A similar thing happened a couple of times in the English pyramid years ago.  Both Yeovil and Kettering Town, when relegated from the Conference, decided to drop into the Isthmian League (basically a London & Home Counties league, which neither club is near) instead of the stronger Southern League.  Both clubs quickly won promotion back to the Conference.

FWIW I would put the EosL at the top of the pyramid in the East, and have the ERJFA feed into the EoSL Premier, alongside Eosl Div1.  More work to be done though.

31 minutes ago, gwd440 said:

I agree about the strength of the West clubs. Just not so sure about how quickly many of them will be able to get their facilities etc up to scratch.

Same was said over the East Juniors that moved over to the EoS this year. Yet within six months 12-15 of the 25 were meant to have applied.

Coming out of last week's west region meeting there's already meant to be a club that's applied. 

Within a year you could see anywhere from 10-20 west clubs licensed if they're proactive and engage with it like the EoS clubs have.

13 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

I haven't been, but I thought they played some of their games at the Pickaquoy which is like a multisports centre.

I'd second the recommendation to visit Burghead by the way - unique location. If anyone's interested in nature they can double up on a visit as the forest it's situated in is absolutely full of Scottish crossbills and crested tits amongst others

You get them everywhere.

Well, hypothetically, let's say Bonnyrigg get promoted this season and Whitehill get reprieved.
Next season's EOS Premier will have Penicuik, HoB, Dundonald, Linlithgow, Broxburn, Boness etc all battling for the single promotion play off spot.  It will be a tough prospect.
However, if the ERJFA joins the pyramid at the same level, then one or two of those clubs could be looking at moving back across for potentially easier route to the play offs (assuming they are allowed back).

As it stands a team moving back would take t wo seasons minimum to get to the Superleague to have then a chance at promotion so I'm not sure this plays true.

4 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:
2 hours ago, gwd440 said:

As it stands a team moving back would take t wo seasons minimum to get to the Superleague to have then a chance at promotion so I'm not sure this plays true.

Au contraire speculation of all in at tier 6

5 minutes ago, jc1 said:
6 minutes ago, lowenan said:
Hopefully a productive meeting. 

Suggestions that suit the finances of fauldhouse utd and local games that I would be happy with

Must be joining the EoSL then JC if you want local games and improved finances from the bigger attendances.

Edited by Pyramidic

Shitebags. No ambition. What is it then 2 leagues of 18
Shitebags for liking suggestions,?? Nothing in stone yet. But because a club even suggests staying juniors they are shitebags????? How about it's more to do with survival!!! What's good for some clubs isn't the same for others!!!

1 minute ago, jc1 said:
5 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Shitebags for liking suggestions,?? Nothing in stone yet. But because a club even suggests staying juniors they are shitebags????? How about it's more to do with survival!!! What's good for some clubs isn't the same for others!!!

Cmon Camelons hardly lined with diamonds. Ull be playing same old teams. Not saying the suggestion is  wrong I had more hope that you'd drive change. Get everyone in the one place a chance to grow 

4 minutes ago, jc1 said:
8 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

What about tier 6

5 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Looks like want to say and play same teams

Alan I think you are are being a bit unkind to JC who did "like" my post.  It is a difficult decision for the Hoose Committee to make but this time they are not being pushed into a corner but have plenty of time to fully assess all the pros and cons.  I think the finances will be the crucial issue with the Centenary coming up.