Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Ped said:

I read this with no connection to the juniors or EOS leagues I do get a wee chuckle reading how the juniors have continued to knock back the opportunity to get involved in the pyramid for years but after there members decide to vote and accept it now after the mass of east teams jumping ship last season they now have a right to decide there own terms and rest of the established leagues have to agree to it shouldn’t it be other way round you get invited and then accept your place surely if what some junior teams think this is a done deal then id be worried as if it was it would have been reported on in every media circuit all over Scotland by now 

1 hour ago, Ped said:

I read this with no connection to the juniors or EOS leagues I do get a wee chuckle reading how the juniors have continued to knock back the opportunity to get involved in the pyramid for years but after there members decide to vote and accept it now after the mass of east teams jumping ship last season they now have a right to decide there own terms and rest of the established leagues have to agree to it shouldn’t it be other way round you get invited and then accept your place surely if what some junior teams think this is a done deal then id be worried as if it was it would have been reported on in every media circuit all over Scotland by now 

Spot on. The irony is that the SJFA had their perfect chance to control all of tier 6 and below in the pyramid when the LL got set up & HL got included in the pyramid. They could easily have swallowed up the SOS & EOS in the process if they would have played it smartly. They missed their opportunity and are now making excessive demands in the east...

Spot on. The irony is that the SJFA had their perfect chance to control all of tier 6 and below in the pyramid when the LL got set up & HL got included in the pyramid. They could easily have swallowed up the SOS & EOS in the process if they would have played it smartly. They missed their opportunity and are now making excessive demands in the east...
dont forget the superdooper junior league[emoji769] at tier 5

The questions I’d be asking if involved with a junior team right now especially a west team who are mostly in favour of joining pyramid would be if any other region ie north or east juniors aren’t happy with any proposals and decline and decide to stay as status quo does that rule all regions joining will 1 region hold the rest back 

The questions I’d be asking if involved with a junior team right now especially a west team who are mostly in favour of joining pyramid would be if any other region ie north or east juniors aren’t happy with any proposals and decline and decide to stay as status quo does that rule all regions joining will 1 region hold the rest back 

The clubs voted as one block it would take each individual club to resign and for a new league to be created. Who would run such a league if the office bearers of the west region stay where they are. The SJFA are doing what there clubs instructed them to do last year. There was never any talk of new leagues or whatever that discussion would only be had if the SJFA fail which at the moment is not the case.

36 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

The clubs voted as one block it would take each individual club to resign and for a new league to be created. Who would run such a league if the office bearers of the west region stay where they are. The SJFA are doing what there clubs instructed them to do last year. There was never any talk of new leagues or whatever that discussion would only be had if the SJFA fail which at the moment is not the case.

I think what we are trying to get is that what would happen if they let WRSJFA in but not the East. What would they do that is the question?

3 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I think what we are trying to get is that what would happen if they let WRSJFA in but not the East. What would they do that is the question?

And then there is the north as well obviously, as far as I am aware there has been no movement on the possibility of the NRJFA slotting in below the HL.

24 minutes ago, Marten said:

And then there is the north as well obviously, as far as I am aware there has been no movement on the possibility of the NRJFA slotting in below the HL.

Nor any discussions with the North Caledonian League apparently, which covers Inverness and the north/north west Highlands and Orkney. Perhaps they don't count as they are not "junior". or are  perhaps considered to be too far away to be part of the pyramid ? Two of its current clubs are understood to be ambitious. 

Also, where would Wick, Brora, Fort William, (or even Clachnacuddin) go, if they were to be relegated from the HFL jn future ?  Not the North juniors, so would it be a one way ticket out of the pyramid for these clubs ?

7 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Nor any discussions with the North Caledonian League apparently, which covers Inverness and the north/north west Highlands and Orkney. Perhaps they don't count as they are not "junior". or are  perhaps considered to be too far away to be part of the pyramid ? Two of its current clubs are understood to be ambitious. 

Also, where would Wick, Brora, Fort William, (or even Clachnacuddin) go, if they were to be relegated from the HFL jn future ?  Not the North juniors, so would it be a one way ticket out of the pyramid for these clubs ?

The NCL is classed as a "senior" league, although it's not in the pyramid, but they are direct members of the SFA instead of being a part of the SJFA (or SAFA). As the NCL & NRJFA cover their own areas without much of an overlap, I think it would make sense to put them both underneath the HFL.

Exactly if the juniors stand on moving as a block doesn’t change and EOS or boundary doesn’t then a separate region holds you back we’re do you go from there surely the sjfa or west region and teams have a contingency to fall back on what if a separate wosfla was set up and was mabye only going to set up a top league of 16 teams for first season to get it up and running there’s no guarantee any junior club would be accepted ahead of say another west club in either east south league if they requested to move to it or say there’s a new start up club like what happened with lowland league from a outsider looking in would your club be happy and before I get slated lol I’m only asking questions which I feel what clubs should be asked

The NCL is classed as a "senior" league, although it's not in the pyramid, but they are direct members of the SFA instead of being a part of the SJFA (or SAFA). As the NCL & NRJFA cover their own areas without much of an overlap, I think it would make sense to put them both underneath the HFL.
the minor overlap is Inverness as one NCL member is from Inverness & NRJFA has a team from Inverness in abeyance currently. Broadly speaking everything north & west of Inverness is NCL & south & east of Inverness is NRJFA

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

The NCL had a HFL or SFA rep to discuss the pyramid at their AGM last summer.

The North Region supposedly had a meeting with an SFA rep towards the end of last year.

So it's something that's being worked on quietly or not at all due to lack of interest.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

There were HFL officials at the AGM last year 'discussing' the pyramid. It's never been released what the outcome was.

57 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, Marten said:

the minor overlap is Inverness as one NCL member is from Inverness & NRJFA has a team from Inverness in abeyance currently. Broadly speaking everything north & west of Inverness is NCL & south & east of Inverness is NRJFA

The NCL has historically stretched as far east as Banffshire, although this was back in the Highland Reserve League days. Elgin City and Buckie Thistle reserves have certainly been champions in the past.

This explains its 'senior' oddity - having mostly been made up senior reserves. To all intents and purposes, it's an amateur league. The SFA doesn't always appoint the officials either, so it's not really the same as EoSFL or SoSFL.

9 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

There were HFL officials at the AGM last year 'discussing' the pyramid. It's never been released what the outcome was.

Recently a Tain supporter on FitbaNorth made a comment about it recently.

I might be remembering it wrong but think the NCL voted for the pyramid in a similar way that the SJFA did at their agm.

It's just with 9 members it didn't get picked up on in the same way.

Still waiting on who's on the PWG.......:whistle

For heavens sake, what does this particular minutiae matter? You’ve been told what leagues are represented at the PWG and, depending on availability, I’d imagine the individuals concerned may change a little from meeting to meeting, but the same interests will always be represented. 

You’ve also been told, time and time and time and time again what the hurdles are that need to be overcome but time and time and time and time again you have chosen to simply ignore all of this or to be deliberately obtuse, concentrating on sidelining the discussions as above and offering absolutely no material evidence to support your assertion that the SJFA are “in” at Tier 6 next season.

The rules that govern the Pyramid simply cannot - and surely will not - be ripped up at a whim so, again, how are all the problems that these rules will put in the way of your assertion becoming reality going to be addressed to bring about what you claim?;

- HL/LL boundary as it affects Tayside clubs feeding into the EOSFL (as per the rules previously and often stated in this thread). How will it be overcome?

- EoSFL ‘veto’ on proposals that would bring a geographically overlapping ERSJFA into the Pyramid (as per the rules previously and often stated in this thread). How will it be overcome?

- NRSJFA and ERSJFA not gaining straightforward access to the Pyramid but WRSJFA making proposals that would see them gain access (probably unopposed) despite the SJFA AGM resolution giving a mandate of all in or none in (as has been stated previously and often in this thread). How will this be overcome?

Please, if you can, be precise.

As I am not involved anymore it’s hard to say but I’m if I am to make a guess, I have never seen or heard of any club looking at founding a new league so take that from what you will. A lot of it will depend on the timing of when the clubs are informed if there is no deal. If there is a deal then great and we move forward and I have no reason to doubt what Kilbowie Benches says and that it’s looking likely so that’s where I place my hope.

What’s being missed here is that every organisation has it own agenda and will leak information to suit that agenda. All the organisations are out there to do the bidding of the clubs and protect them. I think for some people on here to have a go at organisations (from both sides) is over the top. The clubs are the members and if the majority want something it’s their job to do that.

What will be will be with regards to the pyramid. Nobody on here can change that and nobody categorically knows the full situation unless there in the PWG meetings.

3 minutes ago, RobM said:

Are the WRJFA capable of delivering a fixture list?  Is that a requirement for the pyramid?

Drip-feeding fixtures a week at a time had been an ongoing issue for years up until the current incumbent took over this season, since when it's been night and day.