Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Clydebank isn’t in Glasgow thicko.

Its West of Scotland its weege to anyone outside thicko. Think you should go up the jubilee and see if they can get you a brain transplant because you seem incapable of understanding other people actually say here.

Edited by AlanCamelonfan

7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Its West of Scotland its weege to anyone outside thicko. Think you should go up the jubilee and see if they can get you a brain transplant because you seem incapable of understanding other people actually say here.

Weegie is short for Glaswegian.

Anything else you need educated on just ask.

1 hour ago, pipedreamer said:

Kilbowie was this true? It was touted around the terraces late last season. Wasn’t a problem to TJ when BSC groundshared with Maryhill a few years back. 

Don't you think it was odd that Clydebank changed to a "deferred" EoS application, after going public about joining the pyramid ?

7 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Here’s where we probably are IMO.....

The SJFA are finally pulling a plan together to give to the PWG, so the West Region have done that and let clubs know how it could look, I presume the East Region are doing likewise.  North? Nobody seems to know and there may well be nothing much happening at all up there.  Meanwhile, discussions continue with regards to aligning rules and regulations.

Next step is to present the “plan” to PWG for discussion and approval, and to get the rules and regs aligned. The suggestion is that the latter is causing issues which could hold things up, and of course the former is going to have a problem in the east, and then if the NRJFA are not included how does that leave the mandated position of the SJFA to enter as a block?

Nothing has really changed from last year, except that at the next PWG meeting a plan of some sort may finally be put on the table, that’s probably when the fun actually starts. I doubt it will all be agreed for next season.

If my memory is correct over the last few weeks, someone said (on this forum) that an ERJFA management  committee meeting was due last week (or next week ?). When is/was this meeting, and what is/was its purpose ?  

Also, does anyone know the date of the next PWG meeting ?

Preston Athletic coach on radio, saying there are more clubs joining the EOS including some from West Lothian. If that's the case then little wonder the East Juniors are apparently looking at just two regional divisions.

Surely if you want to join a new set up you can't go to the current membership and tell them what you will and will not do? You can't say you want a specific entry point for everyone in your set up, to the detriment of those already fully fledged members of the new association you are trying to access, can you? Then put forward that this new set up, that you are trying to get into, should take on your cup competition instead of one of its already fully functioning cup competitions........ And say it would be a nice way to aid the transition? 

Unless I am completely mad, which may infact be possible tbh, isn't this like arriving late at a party and demanding the dj plays only your requested songs..... Then getting upset because he doesn't want to do that? 

I want the juniors in, particularly in the West as its an open goal, the east and north as everyone expects is more difficult. However, I feel the sjfa and their supporters are going to have to accept that there may be no place for the sjfa banner and cup competition going forward. I'm not sure why, but there are some that believe the sjfa hold all the aces and are in pole position for a powerplay.... I'd hasten to add that the LL is filled with formerly eosfl clubs and of these clubs all are closely affiliated with the eosfl. The sosl will most likely side with their friends in the eosfl and LL...... The HL, not overly sure how that will go...... But given the closely formed relationships between the eosfl and LL I'd be very surprised if anyone in the LL agreed to have the sjfa function at the same level as the eosfl. 

9 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Surely if you want to join a new set up you can't go to the current membership and tell them what you will and will not do? You can't say you want a specific entry point for everyone in your set up, to the detriment of those already fully fledged members of the new association you are trying to access, can you? Then put forward that this new set up, that you are trying to get into, should take on your cup competition instead of one of its already fully functioning cup competitions........ And say it would be a nice way to aid the transition? 

Unless I am completely mad, which may infact be possible tbh, isn't this like arriving late at a party and demanding the dj plays only your requested songs..... Then getting upset because he doesn't want to do that? 

I want the juniors in, particularly in the West as its an open goal, the east and north as everyone expects is more difficult. However, I feel the sjfa and their supporters are going to have to accept that there may be no place for the sjfa banner and cup competition going forward. I'm not sure why, but there are some that believe the sjfa hold all the aces and are in pole position for a powerplay.... I'd hasten to add that the LL is filled with formerly eosfl clubs and of these clubs all are closely affiliated with the eosfl. The sosl will most likely side with their friends in the eosfl and LL...... The HL, not overly sure how that will go...... But given the closely formed relationships between the eosfl and LL I'd be very surprised if anyone in the LL agreed to have the sjfa function at the same level as the eosfl. 

And the SFA will side with the SJFA.  All playground stuff for me.  Personally a don’t have any issues with the ersjfa coming in at tier 6 next season as long as there’s a plan to bring us all together under one structure the following season.  Would lead to another transitional season as this is but for the longer term good would need to be accepted.

The whole episode from associations to clubs reeks of self preservation.  The sensible approach to combine all under one banner needs strong leadership by the SFA and there will be casualties as there always is with any reorganisation in any business.

Its football we’re talking about here and the focus must be on having a single structure and clear pathway for all clubs to find there level.  Let’s create a new association and disband the eosl and sjfa.

There are good examples of best practice  from both the eosl and the sjfa that should be used in any new organisation.  Despite what other people say in this chat it isn’t all rosey in the eosl as it wasn’t in the ersjfa either.

7 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

And the SFA will side with the SJFA.  All playground stuff for me.  Personally a don’t have any issues with the ersjfa coming in at tier 6 next season as long as there’s a plan to bring us all together under one structure the following season.  Would lead to another transitional season as this is but for the longer term good would need to be accepted.

The whole episode from associations to clubs reeks of self preservation.  The sensible approach to combine all under one banner needs strong leadership by the SFA and there will be casualties as there always is with any reorganisation in any business.

Its football we’re talking about here and the focus must be on having a single structure and clear pathway for all clubs to find there level.  Let’s create a new association and disband the eosl and sjfa.

There are good examples of best practice  from both the eosl and the sjfa that should be used in any new organisation.  Despite what other people say in this chat it isn’t all rosey in the eosl as it wasn’t in the ersjfa either.

Why because they had to put people out of cups for not doing proper checks. Other than that and it being transitional with some poorer teams what is wrong with it

28 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

I think that's a decent idea.  I have no problem with east juniors being in for one season as long as it's made clear that a merger will take place at the end of the season and clubs in both associations know what they are playing for.

A new organisation for both to be combined in might end some of the senior v junior arguments but may prove difficult in practice.  Whatever happens, the future should be all clubs in the same system.  Too many people trying to protect their own jobs may make this difficult.  Still crazy that clubs from the same area are in separate systems.

8 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Why because they had to put people out of cups for not doing proper checks. Other than that and it being transitional with some poorer teams what is wrong with it

Nothing to do with my club getting put out of cup.  We should have checked in more detail but the process is not clear when your player who is suspended was listed under another club.

The ersjfa discipline covered by Syd Mcalpine was far more clearer so there’s one example any new structure could learn from. Here’s a few more:-

(1) The 3/4 season fixture list produced by the eosl is excellent and is a major plus.

(2) In eosl cups the home club keeping all gate income for cup ties doesn’t work for us. Means away clubs pay for travel and receive no return and to make matters even worse are then asked to pay for an assistant ref before we go home.  A lot of away draws has real financial implication.

(3) Too many Diddy cups in the eosl but am sure this will be addressed when there’s more league games to play next season.

(4) Support and assistance with grants for clubs wishing to obtain entry level licensing excellent with eosl non existent with sjfa

(5) Kick off times in eosl fixture list not apportionate to our weather and daylight hours.  Clubs having to constantly request changes of kick off times every week during winter months.

(6)  The ability for clubs to work towards sfa entry level licensing in eosl is for me the major plus.  Upgrading facilities and standards can only be good for clubs. Just hope the self interest of current league clubs doesn’t continue to drive the changes in licensing criteria as they fear clubs getting a slice of the pie.

I could go on but it’s a learning period for all and if the good and the bad was addressed by all what an organisation we would have.

Football wise the east super league of last season was far higher than what we currently play in and probably will be again next season.

Just my thoughts Alan, take the crayons out your mouth and think before you speak.

4 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

Nothing to do with my club getting put out of cup.  We should have checked in more detail but the process is not clear when your player who is suspended was listed under another club.

The ersjfa discipline covered by Syd Mcalpine was far more clearer so there’s one example any new structure could learn from. Here’s a few more:-

(1) The 3/4 season fixture list produced by the eosl is excellent and is a major plus.

(2) In eosl cups the home club keeping all gate income for cup ties doesn’t work for us. Means away clubs pay for travel and receive no return and to make matters even worse are then asked to pay for an assistant ref before we go home.  A lot of away draws has real financial implication.

(3) Too many Diddy cups in the eosl but am sure this will be addressed when there’s more league games to play next season.

(4) Support and assistance with grants for clubs wishing to obtain entry level licensing excellent with eosl non existent with sjfa

(5) Kick off times in eosl fixture list not apportionate to our weather and daylight hours.  Clubs having to constantly request changes of kick off times every week during winter months.

(6)  The ability for clubs to work towards sfa entry level licensing in eosl is for me the major plus.  Upgrading facilities and standards can only be good for clubs. Just hope the self interest of current league clubs doesn’t continue to drive the changes in licensing criteria as they fear clubs getting a slice of the pie.

I could go on but it’s a learning period for all and if the good and the bad was addressed by all what an organisation we would have.

Football wise the east super league of last season was far higher than what we currently play in and probably will be again next season.

Just my thoughts Alan, take the crayons out your mouth and think before you speak.

Nah I think on he most part what you said was fair comment. Disagree that next seasons Premier won't be as good last seasons eosfl. Who's missing Kennoway broughty and Lochee and for me none of them are missed.

9 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

The other one I forgot about doing away with cups remember two of the cups have lowland league teams only cup I'd lose is league cup and qualifying league. So keep alex jack for unlicensed clubs. Football nation south challenge and the Kings cup as your end of season cup

11 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

Even if there actually is an East Junior Super League next season it will be nowhere near the standard of next seasons EoS top flight and thats being very very polite to the clubs left in the juniors.

22 minutes ago, stanley said:

I think that's a decent idea.  I have no problem with east juniors being in for one season as long as it's made clear that a merger will take place at the end of the season and clubs in both associations know what they are playing for.

A new organisation for both to be combined in might end some of the senior v junior arguments but may prove difficult in practice.  Whatever happens, the future should be all clubs in the same system.  Too many people trying to protect their own jobs may make this difficult.  Still crazy that clubs from the same area are in separate systems.

I think allowing the ERJFA in next season on the clear proviso that there is complete integration the following season is one of the ways forward, however the HL/LL boundary line issue needs to be resolved first, and you'd need to agree on how to do it obviously.  Clubs will only take so many "transition" seasons, and for EoS clubs they'll probably want next season to be the last.

As for the suggestion that there should be a new Association formed in the east, why? From an EoSFL perspective they have already demonstrated that they can cope with the influx of 25 Junior teams, they can cope with another similar influx. I doubt they would want to disband solely to accomodate more Junior clubs, something they have already done, and done well. 

If this is to happen it needs to start now, but the SJFA will ensure they plough there own furrow for the time being trying to get in en-masse and ignoring the presence of the EoS.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I think allowing the ERJFA in next season on the clear proviso that there is complete integration the following season is one of the ways forward, however the HL/LL boundary line issue needs to be resolved first, and you'd need to agree on how to do it obviously.  Clubs will only take so many "transition" seasons, and for EoS clubs they'll probably want next season to be the last.

As for the suggestion that there should be a new Association formed in the east, why? From an EoSFL perspective they have already demonstrated that they can cope with the influx of 25 Junior teams, they can cope with another similar influx. I doubt they would want to disband solely to accomodate more Junior clubs, something they have already done, and done well. 

If this is to happen it needs to start now, but the SJFA will ensure they plough there own furrow for the time being trying to get in en-masse and ignoring the presence of the EoS.

I can't see anyone thinking that say it's top 8 from eosfl and top 8 from ersjfa especially if not including Tayside their definitely would be some teams that shouldn't be their.

37 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

The ersjfa discipline covered by Syd Mcalpine was far more clearer so there’s one example any new structure could learn from.  - As you know, the SFA run the discipline, not the EoS

(1) The 3/4 season fixture list produced by the eosl is excellent and is a major plus  -  Agreed

(2) In eosl cups the home club keeping all gate income for cup ties doesn’t work for us. Means away clubs pay for travel and receive no return and to make matters even worse are then asked to pay for an assistant ref before we go home.  A lot of away draws has real financial implication.  -  I actually like the idea, particulary the shared linesman costs.  However like anything, it can be proposed and changed at AGM.

(3) Too many Diddy cups in the eosl but am sure this will be addressed when there’s more league games to play next season.  -   I believe there is a plan with regards to one of the cups being lower division next season

(4) Support and assistance with grants for clubs wishing to obtain entry level licensing excellent with eosl non existent with sjfa -  Agreed

(5) Kick off times in eosl fixture list not apportionate to our weather and daylight hours.  Clubs having to constantly request changes of kick off times every week during winter months.  -  Haven't they already changed it, or are going to?  2.00pm ko's in winter for clubs with no floodlights were a bit optimistic

(6)  The ability for clubs to work towards sfa entry level licensing in eosl is for me the major plus.  Upgrading facilities and standards can only be good for clubs. Just hope the self interest of current league clubs doesn’t continue to drive the changes in licensing criteria as they fear clubs getting a slice of the pie.  -  Agreed

Football wise the east super league of last season was far higher than what we currently play in and probably will be again next season.  -   I think next seasons EoS Premier will be far superior to an ERJFA Superleague (if it still exists)

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I can't see anyone thinking that say it's top 8 from eosfl and top 8 from ersjfa especially if not including Tayside their definitely would be some teams that shouldn't be their.

I very much doubt that would ever be agreed to by the EoS Premier clubs, no chance.   Plenty clubs will think why should they move aside to accomodate more clubs.  Mergers aren't straightforward.