Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I think I'm right in saying that the English pyramid system has lots of local football associations administering their own sub sections within the pyramid. So, if I'm correct, I see no reason why the same can't happen up here with the SJFA continuing to administer the leagues that are currently under their jurisdiction.

Surely though, if we used the West Region as an example, they can administer things themselves just like the Lowland League and the EoS and SoS. The West (and East, and North) are Associations anyway aren't they who also run a league?

Registrations are already dealt with by the SFA and discipline can be dealt with by the WRJFA if the SFA want them to. What therefore would the SJFA  do that justifies a £30k+ fulltime salary and an office at Hampden?

4 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Blackburn United are struggling to finish above the Uni teams of Heriott Watt University, Stirling University and St Andrews in the new East of Scotland Group C so could well be a tier 7 or even tier 8 team next year or two so there clearly there is some resentment if top Juniors like Lochee ever were to get in at tier 6 and have better crowds and 'easier' future access to Lowland League.

Why have a dig via my club? thought you were better than that. The issues have nothing to do with where my club play football, it's the league that has the issue and rightly so..

Edited by Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I think I'm right in saying that the English pyramid system has lots of local football associations administering their own sub sections within the pyramid. So, if I'm correct, I see no reason why the same can't happen up here with the SJFA continuing to administer the leagues that are currently under their jurisdiction.

SJFA is a national assoc though, not regional. 

What's all this "trying to achieve" garbage?  you're that one that was completely pro-EoS and now you're slagging it to bits, is someone workign you up the back?
I'd take ICR's advice and calm it, try discussing your club once in a while.

Im not asking him to calm it, im only suggesting we shouldnt be trading barbs about other organisations guy’s free to post what he wants. I think quite a few folks on either side of the debate could do with taking some form of chill pill on the subject. At the end of the day no fuckers gonna die over semi professional football so why get so worked up on any side. It looks like for the west its happening, thems the breaks.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im not asking him to calm it, im only suggesting we shouldnt be trading barbs about other organisations guy’s free to post what he wants. I think quite a few folks on either side of the debate could do with taking some form of chill pill on the subject. At the end of the day no fuckers gonna die over semi professional football so why get so worked up on any side. It looks like for the west its happening, thems the breaks.

Be good if it does but it's whether sjfa will allow one association to be in the pyramid 

I see no reason why the regional junior FAs can't be integrated into the pyramid (with the obvious overlapping geographical issues in the East). I just don't see what the SJFA's role would be once this happens. Certainly not one that merits an office at Hampden and full time staff. The regions already administer the majority of the game, the SFA do registrations and refs, I don't see what another layer of bureaucracy adds here.

Surely many WRJFA clubs can see that personal interests of a key SJFA officer may be contradicting the interests of the Western clubs. If that is the case the WRJFA clubs will need to dictate the terms of their own future.  It would be absolutely ludicrous if the "western pyramid" fails because of behind the scenes maneuvering of the SJFA re the ERJFA.

Those locals county FA's do a hell of a lot more than anything the sjfa do or will do. These county fa's remits include saturday football (pyramid - tier 9 or step 4 at its highest & non-pyramid), sunday league, veteran leagues, local womens football, county cups, youth football, small sided football such as 5 a side, futsal & special needs football. These operations are at their respective county level & dont take up space at the national FA hq.

In an integrated system the sjfa will handle the junior cup plus act as a middle man in regards to discipline etc between clubs & the SFA. Looking at the LL, HL, SOSL & EOS they've never needed a middle man so why would a similar WOSL need this? The SJFA outside the pyramid has a purpose as an affiliate organisation but inside it I fail to see its purpose.

34 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Surely many WRJFA clubs can see that personal interests of a key SJFA officer may be contradicting the interests of the Western clubs. If that is the case the WRJFA clubs will need to dictate the terms of their own future.  It would be absolutely ludicrous if the "western pyramid" fails because of behind the scenes maneuvering of the SJFA re the ERJFA.

I think it's more likely they'd dump ersjfa

54 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

In TJ we trust

I wouldn't be comfortable with certain individuals from the current sjfa running anything in the future pyramid set up.

I do not feel that would be appropriate, for me, these people (not everyone) have mismanaged every aspect of junior football for a considerable period of time and are in this for self preservation.

I'd rather new faces, new ideas, new ideologies coupled with a healthy vision  for driving the whole pyramid forward as opposed to being stuck in the past and jeapordising the memberships future. 

3 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

I wouldn't be comfortable with certain individuals from the current sjfa running anything in the future pyramid set up.

I do not feel that would be appropriate, for me, these people (not everyone) have mismanaged every aspect of junior football for a considerable period of time and are in this for self preservation.

I'd rather new faces, new ideas, new ideologies coupled with a healthy vision  for driving the whole pyramid forward as opposed to being stuck in the past and jeapordising the memberships future. 

Its democratic ..just needs a proposal . A bit of lobby work and who knows ....alternativelly just leave and join another set up you know nothing about ....i prefer the democratic route myself ..a bit old fashioned that way .

6 hours ago, Midge said:

There won’t be any introduction of LL2 any time soon.

Taking into account the overall quality of arsehole that frequents P&B, it's to your credit that you're right up there with the biggest of them - across all your usernames. 

12 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

Its democratic ..just needs a proposal . A bit of lobby work and who knows ....alternativelly just leave and join another set up you know nothing about ....i prefer the democratic route myself ..a bit old fashioned that way .

Surely you know guys at Broxburn and Blackburn that you could talk to about the EOSFL. Theirs nothing to be scared of. I was skeptical at first aswell but its been like a restart for us. Its a strong league. We know our fixtures at the start of the season for most of the year and its just the final ones to get added in. Plenty of cups to play in and test yourself against good teams from the Lowland League.  If its not for you thats fine just have to see what happens

25 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

I'm not sure I follow..... But I'll attempt to buy into the conversation. 

I never said anything about it not being democratic, out of interest what is the democratic process that has been involved in keeping someone in their 'paid' post for 20 years or so, unchallenged?

I'm all for democracy, but be careful what you ask for, democracy can work for you or against you, just look at the brexit mess we are in (please no one start a brexit debate, this was just an example on my part). 

In terms of moving to an association I know nothing about, I can assure you, my club did not do this. They looked into what was on offer from the sjfa and what was on offer from the eosfl. The club weighed up the pros and cons of both, the potential of both set ups and put it to a committee vote for yay or nay...... That was a well thought out, balanced, informed and democratic process...... Not a lemming jump into the dark or a hesitant remain just because we were used to something and were scared of change..... 

But by all means continue to utilise one or two isolated examples to try and further the narrative you are currently attempting to sell. Particularly, that the east clubs abandoned ship, into the dark, without thinking and they are worse off for it........i though, would disagree with that thought process. 

9 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

I'm not sure I follow..... But I'll attempt to buy into the conversation. 

I never said anything about it not being democratic, out of interest what is the democratic process that has been involved in keeping someone in their 'paid' post for 20 years or so, unchallenged?

I'm all for democracy, but be careful what you ask for, democracy can work for you or against you, just look at the brexit mess we are in (please no one start a brexit debate, this was just an example on my part). 

In terms of moving to an association I know nothing about, I can assure you, my club did not do this. They looked into what was on offer from the sjfa and what was on offer from the eosfl. The club weighed up the pros and cons of both, the potential of both set ups and put it to a committee vote for yay or nay...... That was a well thought out, balanced, informed and democratic process...... Not a lemming jump into the dark or a hesitant remain just because we were used to something and were scared of change..... 

But by all means continue to utilise one or two isolated examples to try and further the narrative you are currently attempting to sell. Particularly, that the east clubs abandoned ship, into the dark, without thinking and they are worse off for it........i though, would disagree with that thought process. 

I'm not convinced you would have signed some of the players you signed if you had stayed junior

21 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Surely you know guys at Broxburn and Blackburn that you could talk to about the EOSFL. Theirs nothing to be scared of. I was skeptical at first aswell but its been like a restart for us. Its a strong league. We know our fixtures at the start of the season for most of the year and its just the final ones to get added in. Plenty of cups to play in and test yourself against good teams from the Lowland League.  If its not for you thats fine just have to see what happens

I know guys at linlithgow and boness . Not completelly overwhelmed with the experience . I prefer change from within without panic or foot stamping tantrums when compromise is required . I would suggest that in a few seasons the best teams in the LL will be the ex east junior clubs . My point being outwith east kilbride and spartans the east superleague was and i say WAS  better than  the lowland league .full intigration of the junior system into the pyramid was the answer with a pathway for the best clubs right to the top if they were capable . These clubs would have always been junior and in the ideal world would have still been able to compete in the scottish junior cup . Allas this was lost