Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Whats the point of West entry at tier 6 if only one Club, Petershill, has floodlights and the rest have very little chance of having them due to the cost. The only other Club likely to have them any time soon is Talbot and they have stated they dont want to join LL, unless this has changed. Given that floodlights are a requirement for Club Licensing and LL entry it makes more sense to me for the West to enter at Tier 7. Any West Club wanting to progress further can apply to other Regions.

The current proposal to shoehorn 14/30 league fixtures in by the end of September to allow the Champion to take part in a play off where they cant go up is the tail wagging the dog and will be financially detrimental to the Clubs.

I am not opposed to the Pyramid or progress for those that want to progress but it is at the expense of the majority of Clubs. Nor am I criticising the fixture proposal as a plan had to be made to achieve an April finish. I just think that it's pointless for West Clubs to finish mid April given the lack of Clubs with Licenses.

They don't need licences to be in Tier 6 just now.  They will need it if they want to be in a position to move to Tier 5 on promotion. They won't get the licence unless they're in the pyramid.  So there is no problem being in the pyramid at Tier 6, working towards the licence criteria and then applying for same. 

Whether current Tier 6 moves to Tier 7 with the advent of LL2 makes no real odds - it's the same scenario. 

Thats my point, no West team has a license to enable promotion to Tier 5 and finances dictate will be years away or never so why structure a season around an end date for a pointless play off. Entry at Tier 7 takes the mid April end date away. If not, shoehorning nearly 50% fixtures into the first 2 full months of the season will be with us every season unless league sizes are reduced.

Whats the point of West entry at tier 6 if only one Club, Petershill, has floodlights and the rest have very little chance of having them due to the cost. The only other Club likely to have them any time soon is Talbot and they have stated they dont want to join LL, unless this has changed. Given that floodlights are a requirement for Club Licensing and LL entry it makes more sense to me for the West to enter at Tier 7. Any West Club wanting to progress further can apply to other Regions.
The current proposal to shoehorn 14/30 league fixtures in by the end of September to allow the Champion to take part in a play off where they cant go up is the tail wagging the dog and will be financially detrimental to the Clubs.
I am not opposed to the Pyramid or progress for those that want to progress but it is at the expense of the majority of Clubs. Nor am I criticising the fixture proposal as a plan had to be made to achieve an April finish. I just think that it's pointless for West Clubs to finish mid April given the lack of Clubs with Licenses.
Cumnock have lights as do Renfrew. Kilwinning & Clydebank will next season & Talbot are in the planning/fundraising process for lights as well. Rutherglen, Benburb and Rossvale are all in promotion contention and have lights. Thats more than the SOSL has.

Just now, Kilbowie Benches said:

Taking fans into consideration by playing in good weather.Whats the world coming to!

Cramming in half a season into 8 weeks is daft, unless they're planning for the wholesale disruption that the Junior Cup usually causes.

How many league games have Talbot played so far this season, 12?

Great news if it all comes to fruition. In terms of floodlights I costed them for a Arthurlie a few years back and its financially doable for clubs especially if planned properly. I think you will find more and more clubs in the top 2 divisions with them sooner rather than later.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Cramming in half a season into 8 weeks is daft, unless they're planning for the wholesale disruption that the Junior Cup usually causes.

How many league games have Talbot played so far this season, 12?

That’s why it’s changing! :blink:

Talbot knocking out a Championship club that’s fighting for promotion to Scotland’s top division shouldn’t be disadvantaged because of their achievements.

1 minute ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Just checked and our SPFL neighbours Dumbarton had played 14 games by the end of the September this season.Joke that SPFL eh.....

Including cups. If the new West Senior league is playing 14 league games by the end of September then its surely farewell to the little cups and common sense would also say that thankfully the days of the Junior Cup* taking fixture preference are done.

* - although what it will look like and be called when realistically only the North Region will still be Junior come next August is for another day.