Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

If the West Region have managed to pull a rabbit out of the hat then great, good to have the major gap in the Pyramid structure plugged and you won’t find anyone in the east complaining, it’s a major step forward to everyone becoming a senior club playing in the same system.   Although as I have said before, this isn’t a “done deal”, sounds like it’s a plan which will be presented to the PWG for discussion. All being good then it shouldn’t be an issue as nobody objects to the creation of a west league.

However has the issue of one Junior Region moving into the Pyramid but other Regions not moving been dealt with?    What’s happening to the Junior Cup, that has the potential to drive a gaping hole right through the middle of a 30 game fixture list which needs a Champion by end of April. Will they take part in the South Challenge Cup? Surely these have also been addressed.

read the facts above and don't evade the answers - you've even been told its all a wind up - but im serious above and the ultimate insult is he word bullshit after 25 fucking years of support = who the f**k r you to say that when u no f**k all about my support for the club aye and answer my statement of facts instead of fucking dodging them and talking about something else - al gie you fucking bullshit u insulting b*****d 

^^^Bullshit. 

Brycey, we’ve all been there at one point or another, where we’re a bit disgruntled at how our team is performing or the direction our clubs are heading, so we’ve had a wee rant on P&B about it.

However, your repeated frothing rants or ‘points’ on this thread are totally irrelevant. You’re slating the performances of the players/manager/team you allegedly ‘support’, without actually going to games, based purely on the decision of the club/committee not to join the pyramid, which the players/manager have no control over.

Unfortunately I think Fauldhouse were taken slightly by surprise last summer at just how much the East Region was decimated by the number of clubs that jumped to the EOS, and may have been overly optimistic that it wouldn’t and couldn’t possibly be allowed to happen. That’s not down to the manager and players though.

Both you and JC appear to want the club to go the same direction and join the pyramid, which also makes your repeated rants slating the current team performances on here utterly baffling, especially when you’ve not even been at games. Maybe if you actually went to games and were as vocal as you are on here, that extra bit support might lift the players or give them that ‘kick up the arse’ to perform better? One fan less might seem insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but in the wee leagues it does, so I seriously doubt it does Fauldhouse any favours having less income through the gate now, OR moving forward. It doesn’t seem to be doing YOU any favours either as you’re just coming across as a keyboard warrior and general seething mess.

I get your frustrations at Fauldhouse missing the EOS boat last season. I had serious concerns myself when it looked like Bo’ness might not jump ship. However I didn’t walk away from supporting the team and knew that even had we stuck with the Juniors for one more season, I had faith that the committee would then finally see that the East Juniors is dead on its arse and we’d join the EOS eventually. I’m fairly confident that the Fauldhouse committee will have seen the effects staying Junior has had this season and will act accordingly with a view to joining the pyramid next season. I’d suggest that the work Fauldhouse have done improving the ground this year might also be an indication of the direction the club want to go next season, though I’m far from being the right person to confirm this. These improvements come at a cost though so again, staying away from games doesn’t help. If they choose to stick Juniors again next year or don’t at least provide a statement of their future intentions, then I’d fully understand your frustration and staying away, though it still doesn’t give you just cause to slate the team/manager.

A couple of Linlithgow fans were all about the glory-hunting in the Juniors, and walked away to follow SPFL teams just because Linlithgow had one poor season and avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth. From what I gather though, their posts and ‘opinions’ on here about their team are still mostly just disregarded and has made their slinking back, tail-between-legs this season a bit of a minter.

So to summarise this big long post: What I’m saying is, instead of slating the team from afar based on off-pitch decisions; get back along to games, support the team, but make your feelings known in the right place, to the right people, in the right manner, instead of costing the club income and hiding behind a keyboard spouting pish about on-field matters when that’s not your real issue.

15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Junior club going for their license. Pretty clear evidence that something is in place for next season as somebody's put their money into the SFA.

But naw, we're not telling you who. Great transparency on finally setting some facts to the endless back and forth.

I wonder if said club would be partaking of the licence appliction as they are thinking of applying to be Team 16 in next years LL?

Would make sense for the LL to invite in a club from the West into the league, shows the West clubs there is a pathway for those who are willing to follow it.

1 hour ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Sorry tae pish on yer chips here boys but naebody is in anywhere yet, yer west region beaks are leading ye up the gairden path. Ma wee man at the lowland says junior rules huvnae even been sorted yet so disnae ken why clubs are being telt something else.

So settle doon a’body plenty of shite being flung around

So the clubs ask for information, it is delivered first hand, in person and in front of all the delegates, and it's all pish?

The shite that has been flung around is coming from this forum and those that have a personal agenda against the juniors.

Why would the people at the 'top table' put out this information if there was no substance to it? The beaks, as you call them, are club reps as well as being on the west region. Why would they lie to their own clubs?

Naw, the fact is it's not turning out the way the anti-juniors brigade want and it doesn't suit them or their agenda.

The West Region is in at tier 6 and the East is set to follow. Embrace the change!

2 minutes ago, drs said:

I wonder if said club would be partaking of the licence appliction as they are thinking of applying to be Team 16 in next years LL?

Would make sense for the LL to invite in a club from the West into the league, shows the West clubs there is a pathway for those who are willing to follow it.

Aye right. They'll be allowed to jump over all the teams already in the Pyramid.

4 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Aye right. They'll be allowed to jump over all the teams already in the Pyramid.

At this point there is no pyramid in the west, so there are no clubs to jump over. Also, as this place in the LL goes by application, the LL are free to choose whoever they want (if licensed).

7 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

So the clubs ask for information, it is delivered first hand, in person and in front of all the delegates, and it's all pish?

The shite that has been flung around is coming from this forum and those that have a personal agenda against the juniors.

Why would the people at the 'top table' put out this information if there was no substance to it? The beaks, as you call them, are club reps as well as being on the west region. Why would they lie to their own clubs?

Naw, the fact is it's not turning out the way the anti-juniors brigade want and it doesn't suit them or their agenda.

The West Region is in at tier 6 and the East is set to follow. Embrace the change!

Listen bud I’m no up for an argument but theres nae agreement and thats fae the horses mouth at the lowland, am no saying there wilnae be but thems the facts and defo no in the east.   It widnae be the first time that they beaks at the top table huv talked pish

9 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Go and read up on what could happen with Team 16 in the LL for next season and then come back with some reasoned discourse.

21 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

West getting in at tier 6 is fine . Noone has any problems with that. But what they r saying is we are in when their not. This is just the plan for them to get in which means we are moving in the right direction of west at tier 6

22 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

So where does that leave the South of Scotland league?

23 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

It's not "anti-junior shite" to say it's not a done deal yet. The west region clearly put their cards on the table and they are putting a proposal forward for them to enter the pyramid. Nobody here is saying what the clubs say is pish, but the thing they discussed, is a proposal, not a deal. I think this is a very positive development, but until all other parties involved agree with it and it's been officially confirmed it's not a done deal.

There has been so much conflicting information about the pyramid over the last year(s), that I won't believe anything until an official confirmation is released.

49 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Replace the West Region with the EoS and the exact same thing has happened.

There's nothing to say both West Region and EoS are true. West Region is in no bother, the East & North are different issues.

North through apparent lack of interest. East due to conflict with EoS & existing HL/LL boundary issues.

9 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

The elephant in the room is the east and north.

If the West Super becomes the feeder only with the EoS the other in the east. This vindicates all the clubs decisions to leave the Sjfa.

There’s no elephant in the room. East region will become part of the pyramid at tier 6. 

So at the moment Lochee would be promoted to the Highland League if licensed?

Does that mean Whitburn would go into the playoffs vs Talbot and Bonnyrigg (for example).

That just doesn't make any sense unless the East and West winners playoff for promotion like the current EoS.

The bottom line is we need to get to a position in the east where the best teams go up automatically. The East super league in the juniors is now undoubtedly a level below the EoS Premier 19/20.