Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

47 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

West Region General meeting was interesting with plans shared on how the Region intends to finish the season for the play offs in mid April.

Also found out that a West Region club has applied for their license.

All this because the Juniors arent joining the pyramid...

So it is "no deal" despite all the hype ! 

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:
19 minutes ago, Robert James said:
So it is "no deal" despite all the hype ! 

I think you're missing the sarcasm. The West clubs were apparently told tonight that it is happening.

Yes  I did.  Thanks.   As my old university professor told me "you must try harder". 

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Oh c'mon, you're still not hanging your hat on the infamous October email are you?  Have you read the link I posted which is absolutely clear.

Who wrote these minutes?

When did the HL/LL boundary change?

This is like fecking groundhog day :wacko:

It`s not Groundhog Day until Saturday big yin

9 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

West Region General meeting was interesting with plans shared on how the Region intends to finish the season for the play offs in mid April.

ABout time we all went Senior, looking forward to moving into the senior pyramid come July.

10 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

So, what was said at the meeting?

Are we in? What tier are we? Is it a done deal? Is there to be reconstruction of the leagues? Is Clydebank moving East? Is the WoSL dead in the water? Has re-instatement gone? Is the SFA  handling our discipline?

C'mon guys, someone on here must know!!!!

Oh and before I forget has Burnie's Meltdown started?

45 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Early start could be tricky this year but going forward finishing in April each season would work very well.

From what I hear 14 League fixtures scheduled by end of September and 9 in August to finish League by mid April.

So that West Premier Champions can take part in LL play offs although no West Premier team has a license and can't be promoted.

You couldnt make it up.

From what I hear 14 League fixtures scheduled by end of September and 9 in August to finish League by mid April.
So that West Premier Champions can take part in LL play offs although no West Premier team has a license and can't be promoted.
You couldnt make it up.
If this is true its a massive step and good news for Scottish football.

RE licensing you could say the same for most of the EoS at the start of this season. It would give teams a season to be licensed and Talbot for a start would be licensed pretty quickly.

21 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

So, what was said at the meeting?

Are we in?  Yes

What tier are we?  6

Isit a done deal? Nearly

Is there to be reconstruction of the leagues? No

Is Clydebank moving East?No idea

Is the WoSL dead in the water? Yes Has re-instatement gone? Yes

Is the SFA  handling our discipline?

Agreement reached.

C'mon guys, someone on here must know!!!!

Oh and before I forget has Burnie's Meltdown started?

Sorry tae pish on yer chips here boys but naebody is in anywhere yet, yer west region beaks are leading ye up the gairden path. Ma wee man at the lowland says junior rules huvnae even been sorted yet so disnae ken why clubs are being telt something else.

So settle doon a’body plenty of shite being flung around

Would that west club that's put in for a licence be the one that's moving east next season .

19 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

If this is true its a massive step and good news for Scottish football.

RE licensing you could say the same for most of the EoS at the start of this season. It would give teams a season to be licensed and Talbot for a start would be licensed pretty quickly.

Agreed, I hope this is true. And in terms of licensing I agree with you as well. Once the WRJFA is in the pyramid, clubs can apply for licenses, for some of the larger clubs that shouldn't be much of an issue I'd imagine.

10 hours ago, Black & Red Socks said:

This is the nub of it all surely? If Lochee Boy is so absolutely sure in what he is saying then he must have to hand answers to ALL of the above, so where are they? Where? These are rules/laws, call them what you will, that cannot simply be ignored at the whim of the SFA Chief Executive - at the behest of the SJFA Secretary - otherwise what is the point of agreeing rules and laws to govern the game and all of its foibles?

Apart from a single, leaked email from what would seem to be an ill informed Iain Maxwell there is not one single piece of evidence being offered in support of what is being claimed by Lochee Boy. Not one.

I fear that we are reading nonsense from those who, in their very death throes, are thrashing about wildly in defence of the most ludicrous of ideas - geographical overlap in the east - conceived to allow one man to retain his office in Hampden. Truly astonishing stuff.

Larry kens hee haw he's been spreading this guff aroond the Dee, Carnoustie an the Ferry for months, he kens his wee empire up there is crumbling tae bits

11 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Im not getting too excited yet where is the official statement  you said ?  

This is just what was said at the last meeting they were to put rule changes in place. 

I could stand up at a camelon committee meeting and say we are going to do this and that but until it happens I could just be saying thathat. 

The done deal isn't a done deal from even your statement. Would be good to get it sorted and get west in pyramid