Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

If some teams return to the Juniors wouldn't there be too many clubs to just have two regional leagues?
And could you tell us which Fife teams would return? Crossgates - not if they are in the EOS Premier. St Andrews - being audited for their licence so doubt it. Burntisland, Inverkeithing - no. Dundonald, HoB - unlikely as also planning to get a licence. Oakley - no near neighbours so probably not.
Surely more likely that Rosyth, Kirkcaldy, Lochore and Lochgelly would move to the EOS to play those listed above, and so they don't have to make as many trips to West Lothian?

Trips to West Lothian wow! That’s nearly 30 to 40 minute away

13 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Not sure you can get real clarity until you know how many teams will be in both the EOS and East Juniors. The question is, what would it take for you to join the EOS, or remain in the Juniors?

As for your centenary season, could be a perfect time to both reflect on your past but also look ahead and embrace the future. Other teams have done the same in their statements when leaving for the EOS.

If some teams return to the Juniors wouldn't there be too many clubs to just have two regional leagues?

And could you tell us which Fife teams would return? Crossgates - not if they are in the EOS Premier. St Andrews - being audited for their licence so doubt it. Burntisland, Inverkeithing - no. Dundonald, HoB - unlikely as also planning to get a licence. Oakley - no near neighbours so probably not.

Surely more likely that Rosyth, Kirkcaldy, Lochore and Lochgelly would move to the EOS to play those listed above, and so they don't have to make as many trips to West Lothian?

1 minute ago, jc1 said:
14 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

To stay in the juniors we need more local games is the bottom line of it from my point of view. Ultimately the club has the final decision on our future but for me being centenary year you are right maybe a good time for reflection and make the right decision so we are about for another 100years

Ersjfa will muck about until after 31st March so u have to stay. Get yourselves in eosfl. As Ginaro said it's been a new future for clubs while still appreciating our past CamelonJuniors is one of those. 

Ersjfa will muck about until after 31st March so u have to stay. Get yourselves in eosfl. As Ginaro said it's been a new future for clubs while still appreciating our past CamelonJuniors is one of those. 
To be honest I have expressed to the club we need answers well in advance of this date it's the club's future at stake nothing to do with loyalties anymore this season with buses ECT so far has hit us hard and now in a position imo to say if there's no change we leave it's as simple as that. For me my opinion doesn't matter it's what's best for Fauldhouse utd to make sure we are around for another 100 years

15 minutes ago, jc1 said:
20 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

To be honest I have expressed to the club we need answers well in advance of this date it's the club's future at stake nothing to do with loyalties anymore this season with buses ECT so far has hit us hard and now in a position imo to say if there's no change we leave it's as simple as that. For me my opinion doesn't matter it's what's best for Fauldhouse utd to make sure we are around for another 100 years

The definitive answer is eosfl. Staying in ersjfa is either going to be travelling unnecessarily or stuck in the one league forever playing the same teams. How is that good for Fauldhouse 

22 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Not sure you can get real clarity until you know how many teams will be in both the EOS and East Juniors. The question is, what would it take for you to join the EOS, or remain in the Juniors?

As for your centenary season, could be a perfect time to both reflect on your past but also look ahead and embrace the future. Other teams have done the same in their statements when leaving for the EOS.

EoS clubs returning to the ERJFA ?  Unlikely as few if any  ex-junior clubs appear to have voiced any complaints about their move . 

Furthermore, it appears that a dozen of so EoS clubs had submitted their  Licence applications before 31st December 2018. It is unlikely that those EoS  (ex junior) clubs which will be awarded an "entry licence" at 12th February meeting, will decide to return to the Juniors, thereby risking losing the licence they have just obtained.  (Licensing rules also require membership of,  and commitment to, a senior pyramid league at the time of their application). 

Furthermore, I assume that applications already submitted under the new/pre-2019 licensing rules, will not (currently) be subject to the rule change about floodlights, which means that they will have the same "derogation" entitlement, as is to be applied to existing SFA Member clubs without floodlights eg : Whitehill, VoL, CS Strollers, Coldstream, Burntisland, Golspie, Glasgow Uni, etc, which will at least guarantee  their Scottish Cup entry next season (and beyond ?). 

Moving back to the ERJFA would therefore be unwise, for ex-junior clubs now in the EoS . 

28 minutes ago, Robert James said:

EoS clubs returning to the ERJFA ?  Unlikely as few if any  ex-junior clubs appear to have voiced any complaints about their move . 

Furthermore, it appears that a dozen of so EoS clubs had submitted their  Licence applications before 31st December 2018. It is unlikely that those EoS  (ex junior) clubs which will be awarded an "entry licence" at 12th February meeting, will decide to return to the Juniors, thereby risking losing the licence they have just obtained.  (Licensing rules also require membership of,  and commitment to, a senior pyramid league at the time of their application). 

Furthermore, I assume that applications already submitted under the new/pre-2019 licensing rules, will not (currently) be subject to the rule change about floodlights, which means that they will have the same "derogation" entitlement, as is to be applied to existing SFA Member clubs without floodlights eg : Whitehill, VoL, CS Strollers, Coldstream, Burntisland, Golspie, Glasgow Uni, etc, which will at least guarantee  their Scottish Cup entry next season (and beyond ?). 

Moving back to the ERJFA would therefore be unwise, for ex-junior clubs now in the EoS . 

They won’t  get derogation and they’ve been told that I hear.

fauldhouse blew it big time not going into eos simple as that n they got shafted by stayin junior - but then again they no best - I rest my case
Brycey for someone who was a fan of the club for a long time (bullshit) you sure do pop up a lot with negatives it's clear your hurt your not at the club anymore by the sounds of you on here probably a good thing for all concerned!! Bet if we went last season you would have said that was wrong!!! Anyway back to topic apologies for side tracking the thread.

23 minutes ago, jc1 said:
56 minutes ago, brycey said:
fauldhouse blew it big time not going into eos simple as that n they got shafted by stayin junior - but then again they no best - I rest my case

Brycey for someone who was a fan of the club for a long time (bullshit) you sure do pop up a lot with negatives it's clear your hurt your not at the club anymore by the sounds of you on here probably a good thing for all concerned!! Bet if we went last season you would have said that was wrong!!! Anyway back to topic apologies for side tracking the thread.

Have other teams made a point about the travelling. It's obviously going to affect Pumpherston next season 

Have other teams made a point about the travelling. It's obviously going to affect Pumpherston next season 
As far as I know Whitburn will be same as ourselves and teams knocked back being in the league last season so I'm not sure what will happen regarding pumphy ECT but should be interesting

If I remember correctly, Pumpherston won the East Region South Division last season but turned down promotion to the new ‘Super’ League to avoid the excessive travel they feared such promotion would entail?

If their opinion on travel remains the same then I imagine promotion is something they will likely turn down again - but does this mean that they’re happy to play in the same, narrow league season in season out with nowhere to progress (or regress) to or will they be bold and seek a move to the EoSFL? Seeking such a move would seem the sensible way forward given their decision at the end of last season.

Personally I don't think clubs are going to wait till March ECT if moving because I know a few ourselves included waited too long to see what the set up was and then we were too late. I know for a fact after that lesson answers and reconstruction is needed asap or there will be a few away. It can't drag out again clubs can't afford to miss the chance to move if there is no change or answers soon it's clubs existence at stake time for clubs to look after No1

As far as I know Whitburn will be same as ourselves and teams knocked back being in the league last season so I'm not sure what will happen regarding pumphy ECT but should be interesting
Wouldn’t it be wise for Fauldhouse United, Whitburn and Pumpherston, as clubs who either knocked back the ERSJFA ‘Super’ League or who have seemingly suffered because of their place in it, to get together and speak with the EoSFL re moving next season? Indeed, I think Bathgate Thistle turned down a place in the ‘Super’ League too so their thoughts must be similar to those of Pumpherston and they must surely be at least thinking that the EoSFL offers a better future going forward?

If these clubs were to blaze the trail for a second wave of applications to the EoSFL after last seasons moves then I’d imagine the remaining West Lothian clubs wouldn’t be long in following and then you have the ideal Tier 6/Tier 7 set-up in the east, at least as far as West Lothian would be concerned.

East and Mid-Lothian are all together in the Pyramid and it would be great to see West Lothian follow suit and rejoin them to be part of an exiting future.

Wouldn’t it be wise for Fauldhouse United, Whitburn and Pumpherston, as clubs who either knocked back the ERSJFA ‘Super’ League or who have seemingly suffered because of their place in it, to get together and speak with the EoSFL re moving next season? Indeed, I think Bathgate Thistle turned down a place in the ‘Super’ League too so their thoughts must be similar to those of Pumpherston and must surely be at least thinking that the EoSFL offers a better future going forward?

If these clubs were to blaze the trail for a second wave of applications to the EoSFL after last seasons moves then I’d imagine the remaining West Lothian clubs wouldn’t be long in following and then you have the ideal Tier 6/Tier 7 set-up in the east, at least as far as West Lothian would be concerned.

East and Mid-Lothian are all together in the Pyramid and it would be great to see West Lothian follow suit and be part of an exiting future.
Again it's only right imo for us to give the ersjfa a chance to fix it for next season asap if there's no change agreed or presented soon purely imo I can see a few move as we all can't make last season's mistake and hang about to see then it's too late with no option of EoS league if ersjfa doesn't fit our clubs NEEDS. Again next season is huge for us with the centenary season so we MUST do what's right for us to survive

Again it's only right imo for us to give the ersjfa a chance to fix it for next season asap if there's no change agreed or presented soon purely imo I can see a few move as we all can't make last season's mistake and hang about to see then it's too late with no option of EoS league if ersjfa doesn't fit our clubs NEEDS. Again next season is huge for us with the centenary season so we MUST do what's right for us to survive
Understood JC, but even reconstruction might leave you in a league where, despite some local rivalries being restored, you will forever be in without promotion or relegation (no ‘Super’ League above and no regional league below)?

A move to the EoSFL might not see all West Lothian sides together in the one conference (if conferences are again employed to sort out tiers) but some will be, more of the games will be more local (Edinburgh and Mid and East Lothian as it used to be) and - importantly - progression up and down the tiers is there, as is the option to become licensed and play in the Scottish Cup.

I can’t help but think the West Lothian clubs should be reaching out and grasping this opportunity now. The ERSJFA simply can’t offer anything comparable.

Understood JC, but even reconstruction might leave you in a league where, despite some local rivalries being restored, you will forever be in without promotion or relegation (no ‘Super’ League above and no regional league below)? 
A move to the EoSFL might not see all West Lothian sides together in the one conference (if conferences are again employed to sort out tiers) but some will be, more of the games will be more local (Edinburgh and Mid and East Lothian as it used to be) and - importantly - progression up and down the tiers is there, as is the option to become licensed and play in the Scottish Cup.

I can’t help but think the West Lothian clubs should be reaching out and grasping this opportunity now. The ERSJFA simply can’t offer anything comparable.
Really can't disagree with them points mate to be honest

1 hour ago, jc1 said:
1 hour ago, brycey said:

who the f**k r u to come on here n say bullshit that I never followed fauldhouse for a long time - I followed the hoose for over 20 years up until you won promotion to the superleague with Musselburgh - just ask the hoose fans - u no f**k all about my long association wae the hoose - so don't fucking insult me on here - I also actively encouraged the hoose to go eos n was very disappointed when the club didn't and that's when I stopped going to the games - I again repeat followimg the house for over 20 yearsjust ask folk and to say its better that I don't come back will be good for everbody concerned is some fucking insult to me after following the club for over 20 years up until last season - jc don't make a c**t of me on here when you don't no the facts - why not ask around at the club n you will find you are so wrong - ive seen more hoose games than some of the buckie boys n your committee - aye whose got the grudge now - get your fucking facts right big man and check if you want lol