Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, superbigal said:

Surely though a quality eos super that happened to say have lochee or forfar we in it eventually would be okay ?Extending the boundary and thus the amount of clubs can only help with regionilising at the lower levels, where I appreciate it is financially needed.

I guess it depends what your opinions are over what league these clubs should feed into, HL or LL.  Obviously as it stands it's HL and if I'm honest I think that should remain to try and keep some balance in the Pyramid. 

I don't think the EoS have any say when it comes to the boundary, but the LL probably do and it will depend on their attitude if the question was ever asked.

An independent Tayside area senior league feeding the HL would be my choice, but I don't have any strong objection to these clubs forming some part of the EoS in future if it was a solution which facilitates integration. I have no evidence but I don't think too many clubs in the Eos would strongly object to it either if it was done right.

23 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I’m not aware or have seen anything to suggest the EoSFL want a merger, all I see is that they are open for new applications for clubs in their catchment area, which in ERJFA terms means the WL and Fife clubs only (plus Scone and Kinnoull).  I very much doubt whether anyone on the EoS Board has even spoken to anyone at the ERJFA.  I’ve said before the SFA should bring them together for a chat, I’m sure the EoS wouldn’t object, and would be a better use of the PWG’s time than just having the SJFA there.

Would the EoSFL increase their catchment area to accommodate Tayside clubs if they could? I’m not sure, you’ve seen the comments of the Fauldhouse manager, regular travel from Lothians to Tayside is financially challenging to clubs, even at Superleague level. It increases the area of the EoS all the way upto Forfar and Brechin, and of course if any of these clubs made the Lowland League (or a future LL2) they could have trips to the likes of Dalbeattie.

Maybe at that point you then need to look at a stand alone senior league covering Tayside, Perthshire & Angus (I make that 18 clubs in the ERJFA, plus Jeanfield in the EoS, plus Montrose Roselea in the NRJFA, plus the likes of Breadalbane who want to join). That would make more sense and brings us right back to the opinion of the EoS that they have no objections to a WoS league and a “Tayside” league being formed.  You can then have a debate over whether it feeds the HL or the LL.

That’s  what I just said with the option of allowing clubs who dont want to leave their current set up to stay.Economics would probably take over for the clubs in West Lothian anyway.

Edited by Kilbowie Benches

18 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The EoS are making a big deal about overlapping clubs and according to the experts on here that’s what’s stopping the ERSJFA entering  the pyramid at tier 6.Theyd be happy for a Tayside Junior League being in.So why not allow the ERSJFA in and if a club wants to stay in the Juniors from West Lothian or Fife just let them? The West Juniors are not shouting about Bonnyton being in the SoS at tier 6.

Bonnyton are within LL catchment, Tayside clubs are not. 

Dunipace joined EoS from West region and Clydebank were also accepted on a deferred entry - so overlaps do happen within the LL catchment.

There seems to be no objection from EoS to the West juniors coming in at T6, feeding in the LL, it just looks unlikely at the moment due to apparent lack of progress.

And they would have no issues with Tayside and North region based juniors entering at T6 feeding into the highland league because it is outwith their remit.

The line needs to be drawn somewhere - what if Montrose Roselea decided they wanted back in and eventually made it to the Lowland League?

1 minute ago, Che Dail said:

Bonnyton are within LL catchment, Tayside clubs are not. 

Dunipace joined EoS from West region and Clydebank were also accepted on a deferred entry - so overlaps do happen within the LL catchment.

There seems to be no objection from EoS to the West juniors coming in at T6, feeding in the LL, it just looks unlikely at the moment due to apparent lack of progress.

And they would have no issues with Tayside and North region based juniors entering at T6 feeding into the highland league because it is outwith their remit.

The line needs to be drawn somewhere - what if Montrose Roselea decided they wanted back in and eventually made it to the Lowland League?

Clubs move from area to area in England’s pyramid  all of the time.

The EoSL are just being obstructive.

The likelihood is that the remaining ERJFA clubs that are in W.Lothian will join them anyway without being forced!

The likelihood is that the remaining ERJFA clubs that are in W.Lothian will join them anyway without being forced!
How can the EoS be obstructive when there is currently no plan to obstruct? And yes, if the plan was to run the ERJFA as a competitor league to the EoS in the east then I'd expect the EoS to object and veto it, rightly so. Are you listening to any of the arguments at all???

44 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The EoS are making a big deal about overlapping clubs and according to the experts on here that’s what’s stopping the ERSJFA entering  the pyramid at tier 6.Theyd be happy for a Tayside Junior League being in.So why not allow the ERSJFA in and if a club wants to stay in the Juniors from West Lothian or Fife just let them? The West Juniors are not shouting about Bonnyton being in the SoS at tier 6.

Because of the highland lowland boundary

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
11 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

How can the EoS be obstructive when there is currently no plan to obstruct? And yes, if the plan was to run the ERJFA as a competitor league to the EoS in the east then I'd expect the EoS to object and veto it, rightly so. Are you listening to any of the arguments at all???

How is it a competitor League if the majority of clubs are from Tayside ffs

You know there’s a plan too as you’ve all seen Mawells e mail.

Edited by Kilbowie Benches

8 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Many of the clubs moving from area to area in England are actually more or less forced to do so. England doesn't have any fixed boundaries, so if for example 4 northern teams get relegated from the National League (tier 5) to tier 6, that will mean 2 teams will be kicked from the National League North to South to accommodate them. The same happens at lower levels. Only really at a standard of football that's comparable with amateur football north of the border it regularly happens that teams get moved because they requested so.

Which can be changed at a stroke!

But shouldnt be because the Highland League is given equal standing to the LL despite having an incredibly smaller proportion of the population, adding to that imbalance by allowing Tayside clubs in the LL would be madness. Why can’t you see that? Could essentially have a league representing 80% Scotlands population and 1 representing 20%?

The chap from Kelty Hearts last year did a very useful appraisal of the advantages of leaving the ERJFA and joining the EoSL.  Perhaps now would be a good time to outline the current benefits for West Lothian and Fife clubs (and a few from Angus maybe) leaving the ERJFA for the EoSL next season.

At the same time I think it would be helpful if Kilbowie Benches outlines the disbenefits.

This process might contribute in a small way to the difficult decision that some ERJFA clubs now face.

25 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Which can be changed at a stroke!

Only if all of the SFA, SPFL, HL and LL first agree. Suspect that might happen eventually, but it clearly hasn't happened yet, which means that not all of the ERSJFA is eligible for future LL entry as things stand.

13 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The disbenefits disappear when the ERJFA is in the pyramid.

Name one benefit that dissapears if a much diluted ERJFA was to join the pyramid.