Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

Agreed - although I think it should already be clear that for Fauldhouse United (and the rest of the West Lothian clubs) there are only the two options you mention, move to the EoSFL or stay in ERSJFA and remain in a Tayside dominated league either outside (likely) or inside (unlikely) the Pyramid. 

Agreed, but the reason why I say clarity is badly needed is mainly that in my opinion clubs are now being made promises that are very unlikely to materialise. Yes, you can say it's naive for clubs to believe some of the stuff they are being fed, but the sooner there is no doubt about the structure for next season, the better, even for clubs that don't want to move into the pyramid.

41 minutes ago, Jeek said:

Leagues with that level of locality should and I imagine will feature lower down the pyramid in the future, with the Kingdom league (is that still a thing?) and the lothians' equivalent feeding into what is currently the bottom of the pyramid. I'd love to see that in Scotland.

There is a bit of a thrill when you first start playing down here that you can plot your route all the way to the EPL, as unlikely as it is to happen.

At the moment in the league Fauldhouse (and Whitburn) are in, there are 7 clubs from Tayside/Angus, 3 from Fife, and only 2 from West Lothian.

Regardless of whether the ERJFA are in or out of the Pyramid next season (and leaving aside the HL/LL issue) that won’t change by much, it looks like Dundee North End will get promoted from the North to replace any Tayside/Angus team that goes down.  Pumpherston (if they accept promotion) will be the other but they might only replace a Fife team.

Tayside clubs will love that set-up, but clubs in WL need a better mix of Lothians teams than that, nobody minds 3 or 4 long away trips in the league if it is offset by 3 or 4 more local games, and normally it is.

42 minutes ago, Marten said:

Agreed, but the reason why I say clarity is badly needed is mainly that in my opinion clubs are now being made promises that are very unlikely to materialise. Yes, you can say it's naive for clubs to believe some of the stuff they are being fed, but the sooner there is no doubt about the structure for next season, the better, even for clubs that don't want to move into the pyramid.

Agree, I think at the very least the PWG (or the LL/EoS/SoS by themselves) have to come out with a cut-off date for any structure changes to next season.  The EoS have a 31st March cut-off date for membership (and you need to be Licenced by that date to be eligible for LL play-off) that seems reasonable.  If subsequently there is some form of agreement after that then changes do no apply until 2020/21 and status quo remains for 2019/20.

Edited by Burnie_man

At the moment in the league Fauldhouse (and Whitburn) are in, there are 7 clubs from Tayside/Angus, 3 from Fife, and only 2 from West Lothian.
Regardless of whether the ERJFA are in or out of the Pyramid next season (and leaving aside the HL/LL issue) that won’t change by much, it looks like Dundee North End will get promoted from the North to replace any Tayside/Angus team that goes down.  Pumpherston (if they accept promotion) will be the other but they might only replace a Fife team.
Tayside clubs will love that set-up, but clubs in WL need a better mix of Lothians teams than that, nobody minds 3 or 4 long away trips in the league if it is offset by 3 or 4 more local games, and normally it is.
Don't disagree with any of that. The point I was making is that there will be a place for teams who only want to play very local games further down, whilst at the same time giving an ambitious Saturday ams team somewhere to progress to.

I get the feeling, that in a few years time, people will look at how Scottish football is currently setup in disbelief.

36 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Agree, I think at the very least the PWG (or the LL/EoS/SoS by themselves) have to come out with a cut-off date for any structure changes to next season.  The EoS have a 31st March cut-off date for membership (and you need to be Licenced by that date to be eligible for LL play-off) that seems reasonable.  If subsequently there is some form of agreement after that then changes do no apply until 2020/21 and status quo remains for 2019/20.

Why don't the EoS issue a statement then instead of leaking  board meeting minutes on to p&b?

11 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Why don't the EoS issue a statement then instead of leaking  board meeting minutes on to p&b?

They have, look on their website regarding closing date for applications. 

However anyone with half a brain knows they cant decide themselves if and when a closing date will apply to changes to the whole pyramid structure for next season.

Don't worry though, Bankies application is already in.

I can say it's something that myself and committee will now need to look at in depth as going forward current situation is more harming than good to us financially
This is exactly the kind of conversation that should be happening in the board rooms and committee rooms of all the West Lothian Junior clubs. The EoSFL have a closing date of the end of March and any club thinking of taking charge of their own future would do well to speak with them and get an application in just as soon as practicable.

Changing your circumstances isn’t best achieved by waiting for someone else to change them for you.

25 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

They have, look on their website regarding closing date for applications. 

However anyone with half a brain knows they cant decide themselves if and when a closing date will apply to changes to the whole pyramid structure for next season.

Don't worry though, Bankies application is already in.

What’s the closing date got to do with making a statement on what’s happening at the PWG?

I suppose there is nothing to stop West Lothian and Fife Junior clubs submitting "holding applications" to the EoSL in the next couple of months and then decide April and May if they really wish to move for 2019/20 season or put there applications on hold for a year (in Clydebank fashion).  Dundonald found the decision-making process quite difficult and it is understandable that West Lothian and Fife Junior clubs are going through similar soul searching given the lack of detail and clarity coming out from the SFA / SJFA / PWG.

I would suggest that given the difficult circumstances that West Lothian and Fife Junior clubs face at the moment it is essential that they keep their options open and do not miss the EoSL deadline date of 31st March.

5 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

What’s the closing date got to do with making a statement on what’s happening at the PWG?

Why do they need to make a public statement? They update their members after every meeting and that would get passed around anyone with involvement at those clubs. @Burnie_man doesn't hold a position at Blackburn (once did? not anymore I think) but as a fan of the club is asking those on the Blackburn board/committee what's going on.

Publicly the EoS has set a deadline and the criteria for entry. That's all they have responsibility to do.

11 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Absolutely nothing. ERSJFA will be part of pyramid at tier 6 but they don’t want that so are scaremongering the remaining clubs to move over. What part of you’re not allowed to have an opinion unless it’s of the same as Burnieman don’t you understand?

Just now, Midge said:

Absolutely nothing. ERSJFA will be part of pyramid at tier 6 but they don’t want that so are scaremongering the remaining clubs to move over. What part of you’re not allowed to have an opinion unless it’s of the same as Burnieman don’t you understand?

So the Lowland League setting up a Lowland League 2 Working Group, the SPFL trying to get an SPFL3 off the ground and the EoS informing all of their members that there's no agreement is some grand conspiracy. Seems legit.

11 minutes ago, Midge said:

This is part of the stone wall progressive heads are all too often having to be butted against.

Everything offered as opinion by Burnie_man has been backed up clearly and concisely by evidence. However, as it's evidence Junior remainers wish not to see then it's ignored, trashed or questioned. In response, the evidence offered up from those who would like for their footballing world to remain flat is a letter from Ian Maxwell that sets out a position that quite simply cannot happen given the rules and regulations surrounding progression up and down the present Pyramid. These rules and regulations cannot simply be changed by the whim of one man (Ian Maxwell) at the behest of another (Tom Johnston) no matter how much you and others may wish it. Ian Maxwell will realise this and it seems most likely that he has inadvertently misrepresented PWG discussions to date by not fully understanding non-league matters.

22 minutes ago, Midge said:

Which team do you support? Your just a shit stirrer probably one of the multiple usernames brigade

23 minutes ago, Midge said:

aye in tayside feeding highland league.

5 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

aye in tayside feeding highland league.

I think that's a point of some compromise. Supposedly Tayside clubs don't want to go Highland, and Highland League clubs don't want to go Tayside. If the SoS can have equal standing with the EoS Premier and West Premiership then a Tayside Premier could as well. It just needs set geographic boundaries so there's no overlap to get the EoS on board.

A Lowland League 2 would also aid a compromise between them all.

1 hour ago, Midge said:

How many different accounts is that you've now had on here to continually slag him off?

Its depressing that people like you are so hell bent on a personal vandetta that you arent prepared to debate the issues at hand.

Edited by drs

For us imo not the club's (Fauldhouse) for us to stay junior and survive as a club the league's need regionlised. The current set up we have given a go been loyal ECT to the esjfa but it's just not sustainable travelling every other week over the bridge. And crowds have dropped massively

Hi troll, you not bored yet. Must be ID number 78 or something.