Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Well you have no option but join eosfl. The reality is Tweedmouth snd Eyemouth are the furthest out teams but take same amount of time to get there as nearly all your games.  Potentially Camelons furthest travel in premier next season will be Dunbar at 1 hour 5 mins
That's something we as a club must look at and asses. But at the moment with half the season gone if it wasn't for local cup games we would be in a bad place

4 minutes ago, jc1 said:
7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
I'd love to see all West Lothian clubs in the same set-up next season, in the Pyramid.  Not sure that is going to happen unless clubs leave like others did last year.

With so many rumours ECT I'll be brutally honest and say I haven't a clue what's happening but agreed I personally and I know the club financially NEED the local games.

Even if the East Juniors moved into the Pyramid next season, you'd still be in the Superleague playing the same teams.

The only way you'll face more local games is   a) relegation!   b) join the EoS   c) hope the EoS and the East Juniors merge.

Just out of curiousity, what set-up do you WANT Fauldhouse to be playing in next season?
From my own personal point of view and only my opinion I would prefer EoS down to the fact there's bigger games to attract players to which I believe is a great set up of a club and lost out on a few players due to our league set up. But that's just me speaking for myself now I've done half the season in our current set up

If the juniors get in to the pyramid as described by Larry.
The winners of the West should actually have to play the winners of the east.
That would then provide 1 junior team alongside 1 eos and 1 sos for the play off.
Clearly all its buts and maybes but I do feel if the juniors still exist as an association going forward they technically only deserve 1 play off spot for ll.
I know you totally disagree with ersjfa in pyramid alongside eos Burnie,
But if it did happen do you agree?

2 minutes ago, jc1 said:
6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Just out of curiousity, what set-up do you WANT Fauldhouse to be playing in next season?

From my own personal point of view and only my opinion I would prefer EoS down to the fact there's bigger games to attract players to which I believe is a great set up of a club and lost out on a few players due to our league set up. But that's just me speaking for myself now I've done half the season in our current set up

All the west lothian teams would long term be at worst no worse off than they are now. Camelon are having season of our lives. I'd get Fife clubs either or suits them possibly if not desperate for pyramid

17 minutes ago, superbigal said:

If the juniors get in to the pyramid as described by Larry.
The winners of the West should actually have to play the winners of the east.
That would then provide 1 junior team alongside 1 eos and 1 sos for the play off.
Clearly all its buts and maybes but I do feel if the juniors still exist as an association going forward they technically only deserve 1 play off spot for ll.
I know you totally disagree with ersjfa in pyramid alongside eos Burnie,
But if it did happen do you agree?

Not exactly sure what the question is, but any "solution" which keeps WL and Fife team seperated between two different league systems I would strongly disagree with.

As JC alludes to, we need some locality back into the leagues. I don't mind some trips to the outer reaches for league games, but I also like local matches and rivalries.  A mix of both - in the Pyramid - would be good, and is needed.

Edited by Burnie_man

26 minutes ago, jc1 said:
30 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

You could start the domino effect. If Fauldhouse say the Super League travel has hindered the club then apply for EOSFL the others might realise what they are in and come too. Even if Ersjfa did get tier 6 what is the logic in you going to tayside every other week. As its a hell of a mountain to over come to maybe get to the lowland League

With so many rumours ECT I'll be brutally honest and say I haven't a clue what's happening but agreed I personally and I know the club financially NEED the local games.
Looking at the crowds and travelling expenses with so many long distance away games surely we at least need to be looking into the possibility of moving to the eos

Just now, superbigal said:

Question is. If there is a west junior and a east junior sitting alongside eos and sos.
Why would the juniors get 2 play off spots ?
If they are still under sjfa then they should only get 1.

I think what was suggested was ERSJFA and WRSJFA play off then the winner plays EOSFL or SOSFL playoff winner

Just now, superbigal said:

Question is. If there is a west junior and a east junior sitting alongside eos and sos.
Why would the juniors get 2 play off spots ?
If they are still under sjfa then they should only get 1.

Ah OK, well yes if that is the question I would generally agree, but even more play-offs to add into the process.

Three way WRJFA, EoS, SoS would be much easier with the ERJFA clubs slotting into the EoS.

Just now, the sniper said:
42 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Looking at the crowds and travelling expenses with so many long distance away games surely we at least need to be looking into the possibility of moving to the eos

Be a Leader Sniper. Fauldhouse could get the other clubs to come and it would make it at worst the same as they are the now. Some will end up better. There is absolutely nothing to lose. West lothian definately need to come over. Fife could go either way but West lothian should be with us

8 minutes ago, gogsy said:

If the Lothian teams come over to EOS league that's the EOS juniors left with 30 teams, that's even less than the North region juniors have at present. League set up for East juniors will be a shambles if that happens.

Edit it would be even worse than that it would leave them with 27.

Would be a definate blow and maybe the odd fife club would follow suit too.

47 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

All the west lothian teams would long term be at worst no worse off than they are now. Camelon are having season of our lives. I'd get Fife clubs either or suits them possibly if not desperate for pyramid

Better than 95 - Scottish Cup and League double? Surely not.

I think your overselling the product.

Just now, shuggie123 said:

Are you leading lights on a consistent basis now?

I think you have to be realistic where we are and where we came from. But maybe as I was 9 at the time of the Junior and league triumph i appreciate it more now. I was realistic enough to know those days weren't coming back in the Juniors. We are doing really well. Who knows where the journey will go. 95 we were getting a lot bigger crowds and just a lot of the older people are sadly no longer with us and times change.

We are in the Senior Scottish next season aswell so for that reason and considering our budget i'd say this has been as big as 95. We can grow where as 95 we were always likely to go backwards

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I think you have to be realistic where we are and where we came from. But maybe as I was 9 at the time of the Junior and league triumph i appreciate it more now. I was realistic enough to know those days weren't coming back in the Juniors. We are doing really well. Who knows where the journey will go. 95 we were getting a lot bigger crowds and just a lot of the older people are sadly no longer with us and times change.

We are in the Senior Scottish next season aswell so for that reason and considering our budget i'd say this has been as big as 95. We can grow where as 95 we were always likely to go backwards

Fair enough. Good luck.

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Like Auchinleck?