Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Lower-Pyramid-play-off-rules-version-1.1.pdf

"Any amendment to these Pyramid Play-Off Rules must be agreed by each of the Scottish FA, SLFL, EoSFL and SoSFL prior to it becoming effective."

Can we perhaps move on now, no apology needed KB.

Edited by Burnie_man

16 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Lower-Pyramid-play-off-rules-version-1.1.pdf

"Any amendment to these Pyramid Play-Off Rules must be agreed by each of the Scottish FA, SLFL, EoSFL and SoSFL prior to it becoming effective."

Can we perhaps move on now.

The rules of the competition won’t be changing.

33 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

As for saying the SPFL play off  rule is that it has to be agreed by all 4.That isn’t the case either as it states that the SPFL can change it at any time.

Jeez oh, this is beyond painful. Here is the wording - choose to deny it or ignore it as you see fit. I've a feeling you will;

Pyramid Play-Off Competition Rules

Annex 7 (I) (c) Any amendment to these Pyramid Play-Off Rules must be agreed by each of the Scottish FA, SPFL, SHFL and SLFL prior to it becoming effective.

This is taken from the noted document word for word by the way and is mirrored in the rules for promotion/relegation between the SLFL and the EoSFL/SoSL as posted a little earlier. So please, can we move on from you denying the existence of fact?

Edited by 12 Angry Men

I used to think that Clydebank fan with the homemade tattoo on his hand or that one from last season who said he wouldnt go this season if they were still a Junior club were the pinnacle of Bankies fandom.

Clearly not.

9 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

I’m not against the pyramid,I just find it hard to believe that the EoSL will be able to stop the process from moving on...

They probably have the Highland League to thank for having this level of leverage. Stewart Regan had to do a lot of arm-twisting to get them into the pyramid. The leagues involved having a veto on future changes looks like something that was done to keep them happy. At least the LL are open to relegation. The HL is likely to remain a closed shop well into the future, if a lot of clubs north of the Tay don't get licensed and start clamouring for it.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

I’m not against the pyramid,I just find it hard to believe that the EoSL will be able to stop the process from moving on.

The SFA usually just do what they want.

Not when there are rules and regulations in place to govern how something is done.  

In this case there are quite clear regulations governing the LL play-offs which require agreement across the board before anything can be changed. If there is no agreement, there are no changes.

So for other league(s) to be admitted to the play-off process, there needs to be changes to the regulations. It really is as simple as that.

So to bring this back to the WRJFA/SJFA working on play-off formats, whatever proposal they table has to be agreed by the SFA and the three existing leagues for it to be adopted. If there is something in there than one or more of the leagues don't like (or the SFA), it will need to be amended or removed.

11 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Here’s the bit out of the SPFL pyramid play off in rule C33

The Board shall be entitled to vary the format of the Pyramid Play-Off Competition if it considers it appropriate so to do.

That refers to the play-off between the SPLFL club 42 and whoever wins the HL/LL play-off.  The SPFL govern that play-off, you'll note the absence of any reference to the HL or LL, just "Club identified by the Scottish FA from and by means of a national competition approved by the Board between clubs which are not members of the League."

From the LL Regulations:   The Pyramid Play-Off Match pursuant to this rule Ill(b) shall be approved and organised by the SPFL and the basis on which the Pyramid Play-Off Match shall take place shall be as specified in the SPFL Rules.

In other words, once the opponent of SPFL42 are identified, SPFL rules shall prevail.

However the HL/LL play-off is governed by LL/HL regulations, and changes to that are required to be agreed by each of the SFA, SPFL, HL and LL. 

The SPFL have no say at all in the LL play-off regulations.

5 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

I still think the SFA will bludgeon the West/East Juniors into the pyramid.

Time will tell.

Talbots result will have reinforced the will.

Really aye, so you've gone from "there's no rules" to "bludgeoning" :lol:

2 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

They make the rules.....

In this case they do, in agreement with the LL, EoS and SoS.

Can we move on now? whatever the WRJFA/SJFA propose, it needs agreement by all involved, I think that's beyond doubt now.