Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Dearie dearie me, the biggest home game in the history of Talbot against a local senior rival in their first ever competitve senior meeting versus attendances for tedious cup ties. Indeed lets close down the seniors as clearly they are nothing, apart from giving Talbot their biggest home attendance in years. Against whom would Talbot get that sort of attendance or coverage in the Junior ranks?
You will be part of the senior pyramid either this July or next, embrace the future instead of making a c**t of yourself in the present.

[emoji1]

I've no doubt top league in the West may be flourishing as has been said previously (amazing what somebody decent doing the fixtures list can do[emoji4]), that's only 1/8th of the junior sides however. There will be a few  teams in the lower West leagues that carry a decent travelling support as well like St Rochs, The majority don't however. The vast majority of the North junior teams are basically amateur, the league set up has leagues of nine teams which isn't a good sign. East region has very few decent teams, attendances will be small as well, how many of the East teams will be getting 100+ or even near 100 as an average at their games.

The same situation will happen in the EOS next season. The premier league will be a good league with the top clubs taking part and maybe an increase In attendances as it will be more competitive. Unfortunately it is likely that in the lower leagues average gates will fall as the teams will no longer have games against the big supported clubs

41 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

The same situation will happen in the EOS next season. The premier league will be a good league with the top clubs taking part and maybe an increase In attendances as it will be more competitive. Unfortunately it is likely that in the lower leagues average gates will fall as the teams will no longer have games against the big supported clubs

The big WL derby Fauldhouse v Whitburn apparently only drew around 100-120.  Fauldhouse v Downfield apparently drew less than 50.  That's Superleague.

I want to see both Fauldhouse and Whitburn make the switch, better for their future than in a Tayside dominated league, same goes for the South Division clubs, some of whom don't fancy the Superleague anyway, so what's the point?

6 minutes ago, juventus said:

All the crowds were down for most Premiership SPFL sides. Hearts yesterday had 2 stands that were opened and they had about 500 in each.

Two stands were almost sold out including the biggest stand.  Wheatfield then had two sections open and Roseburn had a couple open for Livi fans.  

15 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
23 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:
Tell us what you would like to be? Or better still do something that would better your club. No doubt you will be one of these types that  moans like f**k and thinks that after you've parted with your six quid your a voice for Clydebank. I couldn't give a monkeys f**k what you think about my club but most of the decent Bankies fans would bite their hand off to be in our shoes. You should have started your thread with I'm jealous of Talbot or why not team up with the other spanner Kilbowie Benches who thinks were a big club because we are in the big Scottish. In 1974 we didn't have two pennies to rub together our club knows full well what its like to have nothing,  and were not going to make that mistake again. Also I think we borrowed the idea of the Membership Club where supporters donate a yearly sum to the club from Clydebank so although we are the benchmark we are humble enough to listen to other clubs ideas.

Jesus christ man, give yourself a break, I quite clearly stated I think your club are doing well. You couldnt give a monkey’s what I think but chose to write a seething mess of a reply to an honest opinion, yes I don’t want my club to mirror yours. No I pay my trust membership, help out where I can and other things which entitle me a say in how my club is run. Jealous of Talbot? Get a grip you rocket.

Your absolutely green with it. Don't want to mirror my club.......fucking spanner.  Billy big baws who thinks Clydebank are going to glide back into the seniors when your an average Junior side. 

35 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Billy big baws who thinks Clydebank are going to glide back into the seniors when your an average Junior side. 

They'll be gliding back into the seniors at the end of the season ;)

The big WL derby Fauldhouse v Whitburn apparently only drew around 100-120.  Fauldhouse v Downfield apparently drew less than 50.  That's Superleague.
I want to see both Fauldhouse and Whitburn make the switch, better for their future than in a Tayside dominated league, same goes for the South Division clubs, some of whom don't fancy the Superleague anyway, so what's the point?
No comment Vollyman? Thanks for pointing out that theres 4 stands at Tynecastle though [emoji106]

Your absolutely green with it. Don't want to mirror my club.......fucking spanner.  Billy big baws who thinks Clydebank are going to glide back into the seniors when your an average Junior side. 

There’s only one person coming across like a spanner here and i’ll give you a hint, it’s the person who can’t have a debate online without sounding like a seething mess. You might just have to accept that not everyone want’s to be Talbot, how you can try and extract such an abusive response from a post which was initially a compliment is absolutely baffling. Very angry wee man.

15 hours ago, drs said:

Dearie dearie me, the biggest home game in the history of Talbot against a local senior rival in their first ever competitve senior meeting versus attendances for tedious cup ties. Indeed lets close down the seniors as clearly they are nothing, apart from giving Talbot their biggest home attendance in years. Against whom would Talbot get that sort of attendance or coverage in the Junior ranks?

You will be part of the senior pyramid either this July or next, embrace the future instead of making a c**t of yourself in the present.

Regardless its congratulations to Talbot for an excellent result.

Congratulations also to Kilwinning Rangers for voting 70% to 30% ion favour of leaving Abbey Park and moving to the KSC, possibly from 2019/20, for financial reasons.

On 20/01/2019 at 13:47, LongTimeLurker said:

Something I got sent

If accurate the article received by LTL, clarifies that the West Region junior clubs can join the pyramid at tier 6 , if/when the SFA  'admin' rules, and the WoSL/SLL pyramid promotion/relegation issues are finalised and accepted by the clubs concerned. This should not present any problems that can't be overcome.

It is also  evident that there is support in principle, for clubs north of Tay entering the pyramid as a new feeder league, subject to acceptance by the  clubs that they would form part of the Highland pyramid at tier 6, along with existing North Region (Premier Division) junior clubs.  (NB: the HFL has not yet agreed this change).

However the re is no formal agreement by the SLL/EoSL/SoSL, nor apparently the SFA, that remaining East Region junior clubs will  enter the pyramid as a separate feeder league at tier 6 or 7 or lower.  Two overlapping feeder leagues covering the same region, will NOT be accepted/implemented.  It would be a complete farce to permit this. Therefore,  IMO there will be 'deadlock' and Junior clubs in the West will remain in limbo, IF the SJFA is sticking with a 'red line' for status quo regarding the residual ER clubs below the Tay.

There is also a real risk that if Clydebank becomes the 'Kelty of the West',  other junior clubs will also jump ship.