Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

13 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Nothing has been held up as it starts next season!

Well then you might want to tell the SJFA to hurry things up. Because if a Tayside league was never mentioned, then the only thing stopping Ian Maxwell releasing his statement to the public is the SJFA getting their house in order for SFA regulations.

8 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Look i really dont like Talbot, some of the guys are alright like shanner, but on the whole really don’t, but ultimately they play at the highest level available to them so they can’t really be criticised for that. They aren’t the exact model of club i’d like us to be, however they could be an ideal standard for other clubs and fair play to them for it.

Tell us what you would like to be? Or better still do something that would better your club. No doubt you will be one of these types that  moans like f**k and thinks that after you've parted with your six quid your a voice for Clydebank. I couldn't give a monkeys f**k what you think about my club but most of the decent Bankies fans would bite their hand off to be in our shoes. You should have started your thread with I'm jealous of Talbot or why not team up with the other spanner Kilbowie Benches who thinks were a big club because we are in the big Scottish. In 1974 we didn't have two pennies to rub together our club knows full well what its like to have nothing,  and were not going to make that mistake again. Also I think we borrowed the idea of the Membership Club where supporters donate a yearly sum to the club from Clydebank so although we are the benchmark we are humble enough to listen to other clubs ideas.

13 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Correct,it’s progressing.

"The SFA called together a subset of the Pyramid Working Group (PWG) for a meeting at Hampden on 9 January 2019 where no progress was made and several disagreements were raised."

Even Inanimate Carbon Rod is saying he has heard there was "stalemate" and thinks the Bankies will be heading east as planned next season.

Doesn't sound like much progression to me, and time is fast running out.

Edited by Burnie_man

21 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Correct,it’s progressing.

Think i'll put a bit more stock in the EoS and Lowland League side of things since they share a Secretary and have formed the a working group for a Lowland League 2. Rather than the SJFA point of view that cannot even acknowledge a disagreement in the PWG over how the East Region should enter the pyramid.

23 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

"The SFA called together a subset of the Pyramid Working Group (PWG) for a meeting at Hampden on 9 January 2019 where no progress was made and several disagreements were raised."

Even Inanimate Carbon Rod is saying he has heard there was "stalemate" and thinks the Bankies will be heading east as planned next season.

That’s the EoS that are saying that......

Tell us what you would like to be? Or better still do something that would better your club. No doubt you will be one of these types that  moans like f**k and thinks that after you've parted with your six quid your a voice for Clydebank. I couldn't give a monkeys f**k what you think about my club but most of the decent Bankies fans would bite their hand off to be in our shoes. You should have started your thread with I'm jealous of Talbot or why not team up with the other spanner Kilbowie Benches who thinks were a big club because we are in the big Scottish. In 1974 we didn't have two pennies to rub together our club knows full well what its like to have nothing,  and were not going to make that mistake again. Also I think we borrowed the idea of the Membership Club where supporters donate a yearly sum to the club from Clydebank so although we are the benchmark we are humble enough to listen to other clubs ideas.

Jesus christ man, give yourself a break, I quite clearly stated I think your club are doing well. You couldnt give a monkey’s what I think but chose to write a seething mess of a reply to an honest opinion, yes I don’t want my club to mirror yours. No I pay my trust membership, help out where I can and other things which entitle me a say in how my club is run. Jealous of Talbot? Get a grip you rocket.

8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

It looks to me like the Juniors hierarchy last stand in their territorial stronghold. Last year there was a few ha!f hearted threats about notice periods that amounted to nothing. This year there seems to be stalling tactics at an organisational level. I suspect the issue is job preservation rather than structures. 

I'm not happy that the goals have been moved by the seniors, but the change is now inevitable and the choices and compromises needed are quite clear. If amalgamation isn't in place for next season, even with a "backstop" around Tayside/Perth, they will all have failed.

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It looks to me like the Juniors hierarchy last stand in their territorial stronghold. Last year there was a few ha!f hearted threats about notice periods that amounted to nothing. This year there seems to be stalling tactics at an organisational level. I suspect the issue is job preservation rather than structures. 

I'm not happy that the goals have been moved by the seniors, but the change is now inevitable and the choices and compromises needed are quite clear. If amalgamation isn't in place for next season, even with a "backstop" around Tayside/Perth, they will all have failed.

The seniors haven't moved the goalpost. Maxwell made with mistake 

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There are no notice periods, that was a pathetically desperate attempt to stop clubs in the east leaving.

The problems rest with the SJFA with their "red line" of keeping their structure intact, but within the Pyramid.  Their one size fits all approach doesn't work, as we know the situation in the east is very different to that in the west and north, compromise is required.  As you intimate, maybe that suits certain people. 

That said they're not even at the stage of discussing these specifics at PWG or dealing with the Tayside issue, they're still knee deep in trying to align their rules and regulations to match that of the other senior leagues and the SFA, slow progress I believe.  Even when they get to the point of agreeing all that, then the SJFA will need to go back to member clubs via an EGM or AGM to approve the rule changes, same in the Regions. Rule books are being ripped up, and that all takes time and needs agreement.

SJFA in the Pyramid for 2019/20? unlikely I'd say.

Edited by Burnie_man

The Juniors is great for Talbot as they can have their cake and eat it! 
They get cash every year from the big Scottish which keeps them ahead of everyone else so they win the league or cup every season and so it continues.
For everyone else it’s not a level playing field.The sooner there’s a LL2 or a seperate WoS senior league the better imo.
Either that or get the West Juniors into the pyramid and take away Scottish Cup entry for non licensed clubs.

Beith and glenafton have both won league and Scottish in last 3 years

You first entered in 09/10 and this is your 7th season in the Scottish Cup out of 10  - ok so it's most, but not every year. [emoji4]

And haven’t been really successful apart from this season and the year played hearts so it’s not like talbot are being funded by Scottish cup money they are just a very well run club that every junior eos sos and most lowland league teams wish they were run at that level

Auchinleck v Ayr attendance 3100 Dundee v Queen of the South attendance 2728. St Mirren v Alloa. Attendance 2760. St Johnston v Hamilton. Attendance 2363. Junior teams ground filled to capacity. premier teams attracting less than a Junior team. SENIOR FOOTBALL WHAT IS THE FUTURE

3 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Auchinleck v Ayr attendance 3100 Dundee v Queen of the South attendance 2728. St Mirren v Alloa. Attendance 2760. St Johnston v Hamilton. Attendance 2363. Junior teams ground filled to capacity. premier teams attracting less than a Junior team. SENIOR FOOTBALL WHAT IS THE FUTURE

Oh c'mon you're not that stupid surely.

4 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Dearie dearie me, the biggest home game in the history of Talbot against a local senior rival in their first ever competitve senior meeting versus attendances for tedious cup ties. Indeed lets close down the seniors as clearly they are nothing, apart from giving Talbot their biggest home attendance in years. Against whom would Talbot get that sort of attendance or coverage in the Junior ranks?

You will be part of the senior pyramid either this July or next, embrace the future instead of making a c**t of yourself in the present.

Edited by drs