Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I wont entertain the idiotic bunch .lets see how many of the HUGE  clubs too big for the grade last season  are in the REAL senior leagues ten years from now .THE FACT IS YOUR NOT BETTER THAN COWDENBEATH,ALBION ROVERS ,CLYDE ETC ....YOUR DELUDED .....last years move was a side step , certainly not a move forward as will be proved in coming seasons . 

You might want to put down your copy of ‘How to social media like the Donald’ because you’ve fcuking nailed it.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You might want to put down your copy of ‘How to social media like the Donald’ because you’ve fcuking nailed it.

This is the junior forum ..if you dont like junior football .write yir dung on the EOS or lowdown league forum  .i dont read the old firm forum as i cant stomach there bile ...its easy .now CHEERIO 

10 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

This is the junior forum ..if you dont like junior football .write yir dung on the EOS or lowdown league forum  .i dont read the old firm forum as i cant stomach there bile ...its easy .now CHEERIO 

Calm it sweet cheeks. It's a thread about the future of junior football. You've still to explain the benefits of staying with the current disjointed system. The way things are going is certainly not optimal but why not try to explain your thoughts in human readable terms rather than in spittle-flecked, tear-stained and buckfast-fueled rants.

xox

Must say, the attitude of a Hurlford United official towards the pyramid at our match yesterday was pretty poor -

THEM - "I've no interest in us playing boys clubs, Broomhill, EK, Bonnyton and the like!"

ME - "They cater to a huge community club structure and breed players through their teams. How many Hurlford United youths are coming through your set-up?"

THEM - "NONE. It's not important."

*sigh*

FWIW anyone who's read me here knows I've criticised one particular Lowland League "boys (sporting) club", but give them their dues, they, like others, are doing weel this season. It wasn't long ago Hurlford themselves lost EVERY match in a season... yesterday's programme looked back at us v them in 1984, in which Ford didn't even complete the season...

(For any Hurlford fans fully supportive of the pyramid, I make it clear I'm more critical of certain folk.)

2 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

Must say, the attitude of a Hurlford United official towards the pyramid at our match yesterday was pretty poor -

THEM - "I've no interest in us playing boys clubs, Broomhill, EK, Bonnyton and the like!"

ME - "They cater to a huge community club structure and breed players through their teams. How many Hurlford United youths are coming through your set-up?"

*sigh*

FWIW anyone who's read me here knows I've criticised one particular Lowland League "boys (sporting) club", but give them their dues, they, like others, are doing weel this season. It wasn't long ago Hurlford themselves lost EVERY match in a season... yesterday's programme looked back at us v them in 1984, in which Ford didn't even complete the season...

(For any Hurlford fans fully supportive of the pyramid, I make it clear I'm more critical of certain folk.)

FWIW too I accept its not always easy getting players from youth teams into the adult teams, we at Largs cannae really boast aboot that yet (though we do try with two brilliant under-21s and 16s sides!) but man, that's an attitude basically ASKING for trouble from Mr Ford...

55 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

If you believe Lochee Larry then the East Region will be at tier 6 next season and you'll all be seniors. What are you going to do if that happens?

23 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

No doubt they will be happy to take the SFA's money if they were to compete in the Scottish Cup again and draw one of those teams...

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

No doubt they will be happy to take the SFA's money if they were to compete in the Scottish Cup again and draw one of those teams...

TBH I don't really have an issue with juniors in the Scottish, considering historically senior non-league sides, often uninterested themselves with the SFL, were able to play in the big cup, while the prize money available for the big cup dwarfs anything in junior fitba (I'll take great joy if Talbot beat Ayr, though few see that happening)... but it's a heck of a cheeky way to think nonetheless.

Ive not even mentioned the old firm you absolute lunatic. ‘Write yir dung’ mate you can’t even construct a sentence don’t lecture anyone on the content of posts.
It won’t be the junior forum for long babes we’re all going senior.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I've not even mentioned the old firm you absolute lunatic. ‘Write yir dung’ mate you can’t even construct a sentence don’t lecture anyone on the content of posts.

It will be good news if "we're all going senior"  as (at the very least) it should bring an end to this junior v senior 'war of words'.

Roll on 1st April 2019..........

9 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive not even mentioned the old firm you absolute lunatic. ‘Write yir dung’ mate you can’t even construct a sentence don’t lecture anyone on the content of posts.

I gave an actual shudder when I read that part. Gads.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Burnie_man says he has seen a constitution that states the SFA, LL, EoS and SoS all have to sign off on any change to the playoffs for entry into the LL. If that's accurate, the EoS have an effective veto over ERSJFA entry at tier 6 making it unlikely to happen by next season. Given the SJFA wants to remain intact that probably also means no entry quickly for the west and north regions as well.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Burnie_man says he has seen a constitution that states the SFA, LL, EoS and SoS all have to sign off on any change to the playoffs for entry into the LL. If that's accurate, the EoS have an effective veto over ERSJFA entry at tier 6 making it unlikely to happen by next season. Given the SJFA wants to remain intact that probably also means no entry quickly for the west and north regions as well.

If that happens then there will be a west breakaway.

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I have, but its on the basis of no tier 6 next year.

Don't get me wrong, I have heard the rumours, but I'm not aware of anybody actually taking the lead regarding a potential breakaway league. I doubt that such a set-up could be organised professionally in six months. Remember that the East of Scotland League already existed for the East junior sides to join, that's not the case in the west. It would a completely new league, and that would take a lot of organising for whoever decides to start the ball rolling.

The addition of floodlights for licensing might have slowed the rush for next year.

With EoS having their 31st March deadline any East Region applicants could trigger the same panic to get something done across the board.

Or if nothing comes out of the next PWG the Lowland might go for their LL2 option.

After last year's hesitation I'm not sure a breakaway WoSFL would happen.

Its highly unlikely but the SOS could in theory expand its reach beyond D&G and become feeder for the whole west of scotland. This elminates needing to set up a new WOSL. It'd be a case however of consulting its members as to how many can/could sustain travel outwith the county. Ofc this only occurs in a no deal PWG scenario

Don't get me wrong, I have heard the rumours, but I'm not aware of anybody actually taking the lead regarding a potential breakaway league. I doubt that such a set-up could be organised professionally in six months. Remember that the East of Scotland League already existed for the East junior sides to join, that's not the case in the west. It would a completely new league, and that would take a lot of organising for whoever decides to start the ball rolling.

See this is where everyone will have a go and say it’s Clydebank taking the lead, but actually from what i’ve heard another junior team (not Glasgow/surrounding areas) and an existing senior club putting the feelers out.
It wouldn’t take that much organising in the sense that the east have offered to help and their own constitution could be used.