Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Well why on the same day there was a lot of junior games off to 1 eosfl game which was Hill o beath

Because the grounds were declared unplayable by a referee and a lot of these games were also in the Fife and Dundee area while junior and EOS games were played in the Lothian’s. The weather can be different in parts of the country and there are more junior teams in Fife than EOS clubs

22 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Because the grounds were declared unplayable by a referee and a lot of these games were also in the Fife and Dundee area while junior and EOS games were played in the Lothian’s. The weather can be different in parts of the country and there are more junior teams in Fife than EOS clubs

Places like forth aren't far away from where eosfl teams are it's a wee country it's not america

Also have to bear in mind altitude and state of some pitches in first instance. There are regional differences in rainfall and temperature.

Would also say though that early kick offs encourage early call offs. A game kicking off at 3 has a better chance of a thawed pitch 2 hrs before kick off than a game kicking off at 1.45.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Also have to bear in mind altitude and state of some pitches in first instance. There are regional differences in rainfall and temperature.

Would also say though that early kick offs encourage early call offs. A game kicking off at 3 has a better chance of a thawed pitch 2 hrs before kick off than a game kicking off at 1.45.

That day we played at St ANdrews in a cup tie at 130pm

5 hours ago, Vollyman said:

Last January the West Region fixture secretary called off all Junior matches due to bad weather across the country, without consulting any referees, or even the clubs.

13 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Are you forgetting Carmuirs Park ? For many many years there have been postponements because of flooding and frost down the dressing side of the ground.

im not forgetting but in a lot of those times games could have been played in the afternoon. Too quick to call the game off in my opinion. WE had problems with our park we have improved our park. Our only postponement this season every game was off in EOSFL.

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

im not forgetting but in a lot of those times games could have been played in the afternoon. Too quick to call the game off in my opinion. WE had problems with our park we have improved our park. Our only postponement this season every game was off in EOSFL.

Bar yin

There is nothing worst as a last minute postponement supporters day wasted especially the team that has travelled and their supporters. That is why clubs who have a doubt about their game call in a referee, referees are not weather forecasters and make a decision on the state of the pitch at the time of inspection. What a load of nonsense to say that a lot of junior games where off while only one EOS game was off. The reason for that was their are more junior teams in Fife than EOS so it is not rocket science that faced with the same weather situation that there would be a chance that more junior games were off than EOS games in the area. Another case of let’s knock the juniors.

10 hours ago, Vollyman said:

There is nothing worst as a last minute postponement supporters day wasted especially the team that has travelled and their supporters. That is why clubs who have a doubt about their game call in a referee, referees are not weather forecasters and make a decision on the state of the pitch at the time of inspection. What a load of nonsense to say that a lot of junior games where off while only one EOS game was off. The reason for that was their are more junior teams in Fife than EOS so it is not rocket science that faced with the same weather situation that there would be a chance that more junior games were off than EOS games in the area. Another case of let’s knock the juniors.

Nonsense Lanarkshire isn't far from Lothians it's a small country 

23 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Lanarkshire? Fife and Lothian teams do not play in Lanarkshire I give up

I said Juniors over all that day including the west. Keep up. Its hardly a massive country. I can get to Bathgate in under 20 mins for work its not that far. Boy that works with me does it from Motherwell in 25 mins its hardly that far. Just as far as Armadale to city of edinburgh

Edited by AlanCamelonfan

I said Juniors over all that day including the west. Keep up. Its hardly a massive country. I can get to Bathgate in under 20 mins for work its not that far. Boy that works with me does it from Motherwell in 25 mins its hardly that far. Just as far as Armadale to city of edinburgh.

I said Juniors over all that day including the west. Keep up. Its hardly a massive country. I can get to Bathgate in under 20 mins for work its not that far. Boy that works with me does it from Motherwell in 25 mins its hardly that far. Just as far as Armadale to city of edinburgh

I have seen snow in Armadale,Bathgate and Whitburn and games off travel 8 miles away and there is no snow in Linlithgow Bo’ness or Falkirk area and games are on.Yes it is a small country but weather can differ 20 miles away.

On 03/01/2019 at 15:21, Vollyman said:

I have seen snow in Armadale,Bathgate and Whitburn and games off travel 8 miles away and there is no snow in Linlithgow Bo’ness or Falkirk area and games are on.Yes it is a small country but weather can differ 20 miles away.

All EOS clubs will receive grants for undersoil heating for next season .along with huge parachute payments for clubs in tear 6.1 next season . ( chairman moi decided tear 7 not acceptable for big senior clubs) happy new year SUPERSTARS .#juniorsfurme

All EOS clubs will receive grants for undersoil heating for next season .along with huge parachute payments for clubs in tear 6.1 next season . ( chairman moi decided tear 7 not acceptable for big senior clubs) happy new year SUPERSTARS .#juniorsfurme

What? What a complete failure to make your case.

Time and time again you’ve been asked to build an argument for what you espouse and, time and time again, you’ve been entirely unable to do so.....what you do seem capable of is proving that those entrenched in their undying love for a dying grade of football have learnt nothing from previous refusals to move with the times.

If you don’t regret the error of your ways then those who have to follow and pick up the pieces of your folly undoubtedly will......and the more you and your like howl aimlessly at the dying light then the more it will be a thankless task for the more enlightened that I hope will follow you.

4 hours ago, daleboy1969 said:

You forgot to mention that Aberdeen based  Banks O'Dee (already licensed) are looking to apply to join the Lowland League in order that they can access all the SFA grants currently available, and the new radical/generous ones (as per daleboy1969 above), which will be implemented on 1st April 2019.  If necessary they will groundshare with Coldstream FC, so that they can say they will be a 'pyramid club' next season ! 

12 hours ago, Black & Red Socks said:

What? What a complete failure to make your case.

Time and time again you’ve been asked to build an argument for what you espouse and, time and time again, you’ve been entirely unable to do so.....what you do seem capable of is proving that those entrenched in their undying love for a dying grade of football have learnt nothing from previous refusals to move with the times.

If you don’t regret the error of your ways then those who have to follow and pick up the pieces of your folly undoubtedly will......and the more you and your like howl aimlessly at the dying light then the more it will be a thankless task for the more enlightened that I hope will follow you.

I wont entertain the idiotic bunch .lets see how many of the HUGE  clubs too big for the grade last season  are in the REAL senior leagues ten years from now .THE FACT IS YOUR NOT BETTER THAN COWDENBEATH,ALBION ROVERS ,CLYDE ETC ....YOUR DELUDED .....last years move was a side step , certainly not a move forward as will be proved in coming seasons .