Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

So what's the plan? Have the LL agreed to Tayside clubs entering one of their feeder leagues? How will the play-offs work? If you are relegated from the LL and are in the east, which league do you go to? Do ERJFA clubs enter the South Challenge Cup? Alex Jack Cup? What happens to the Junior Cup?

What's the plan?

Fact is there is no plan on the table. Currently there is no agreement at all. If there was, you'd know the above facts.
Any answer? I'm sure everyone would like to know what the plan is.

On 12/25/2018 at 16:50, LongTimeLurker said:

Were Stenny's floodlights not installed as far back as the 50s? A lot has changed since then. Not impossible to do in highly urban areas, but there will be challenges for some clubs beyond the financial one, if they decide to go for it.

Yeah, Stanley Matthews played for them in the game to unveil the floodlights.

They don't understand the difficulties faced by clubs at non league level when it comes to funding improvements of this magnitute, and they certainly don't understand the issues at play in the east. It wouldn't surprise me if the CEO doesn't know anything about the HL/LL dividing line, or that clubs can't just pluck £60k plus out of their arse.

To those at The SFA they’re likely looking at it this and thinking ‘the HL teams all have floodlights, why can’t the LL and EoS teams?’. Without recognising the implications for individual clubs or the pyramid as a whole- the lack of viable options into HL as a result has killed the flow of teams above the dividing line.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
14 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
So what's the plan? Have the LL agreed to Tayside clubs entering one of their feeder leagues? How will the play-offs work? If you are relegated from the LL and are in the east, which league do you go to? Do ERJFA clubs enter the South Challenge Cup? Alex Jack Cup? What happens to the Junior Cup?

What's the plan?

Fact is there is no plan on the table. Currently there is no agreement at all. If there was, you'd know the above facts.

Any answer? I'm sure everyone would like to know what the plan is.

No plan for the Juniors playing in the competitions you mentioned apart from the Junior Cup. What I am told is we continue with our own competitions and the WRJFA, ERJFA, SoS, EoS league winners play off for the right to enter the LL. Now this is where it gets messy....Licences

No plan for the Juniors playing in the competitions you mentioned apart from the Junior Cup. What I am told is we continue with our own competitions and the WRJFA, ERJFA, SoS, EoS league winners play off for the right to enter the LL. Now this is where it gets messy....Licences

None of that has been discussed, let alone agreed at the PWG. For it to be ratified it needs agreement, then needs to go in front of the SFA Board.

The SJFA might be hoping that happens, they might tell everyone that it's going to happen, but we're a long way from it.

I doubt the EoS will agree, if and when that plan is presented, in which case impasse.

Meanwhile EoS membership for next season closes in 3 months.

As for Licences, how many ERJFA Superleague clubs have lights?

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

None of that has been discussed, let alone agreed at the PWG. For it to be ratified it needs agreement, then needs to go in front of the SFA Board.

The SJFA might be hoping that happens, they might tell everyone that it's going to happen, but we're a long way from it.

I doubt the EoS will agree, if and when that plan is presented, in which case impasse.

Burnie, it's done and dusted. As for how many ERJFA Super league clubs with floodlights all I can say is I do not know and not really interested. We don't have them at Lochee and do not have £60-80 thousand to put them in. We have no prentions about where we want to be.

Burnie, it's done and dusted. As for how many ERJFA Super league clubs with floodlights all I can say is I do not know and not really interested. We don't have them at Lochee and do not have £60-80 thousand to put them in. We have no prentions about where we want to be.
It clearly is not done and dusted as I just explained. There needs to be agreement on the planned changes first, but there is no plan for anyone to agree to. The SFA CEO cannot implement these changes by himself, he has no such powers.

You're not interested in Licencing, in which case why are you even bothered about the Pyramid? You should be Championing a Tayside Junior League and wind the clock back to the good auld days.

I did a check out of curiosity. Downfield, Kennoway & Kirriemuir have lights.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It clearly is not done and dusted as I just explained. There needs to be agreement on the planned changes first, but there is no plan for anyone to agree to. The SFA CEO cannot implement these changes by himself, he has no such powers.

You're not interested in Licencing, in which case why are you even bothered about the Pyramid? You should be Championing a Tayside Junior League and wind the clock back to the good auld days.

You are not being told the truth by your association. EoS cannot stop what has been agreed. There are other members who voted in favour of the Juniors coming in and by the way EoS agreed to this. Ask them to be honest and tell your clubs the truth. I have never said I am not interested in licencing all I have said is we do not have the funds to put in floodlights. Unlike Blackburn we are not a community club and getting funding when you are a stand alone club is much more difficult. We live by our means not outwith

By the way did you receive funding for the blackout of the fencing ?

Edited by locheeboy

I did a check out of curiosity. Downfield, Kennoway & Kirriemuir have lights.
I think Bathgate are the only WL Junior club with lights, they have a great set-up for Licencing, although probably wont trouble the Superleague given they turned down a place for this season.

You are not being told the truth by your association. EoS cannot stop what has been agreed. There are other members who voted in favour of the Juniors coming in and by the way EoS agreed to this. Ask them to be honest and tell your clubs the truth. I have never said I am not interested in licencing all I have said is we do not have the funds to put in floodlights. Unlike Blackburn we are not a community club and getting funding when you are a stand alone club is much more difficult. We live by our means not outwith
By the way did you receive funding for the blackout of the fencing ?
For changes to the set-up of the Pyramid there has to be agreement. For there to be agreement there has to be a plan.

The EoS agree with the West coming in, as well as the North and a Tayside Senior League, nobody objects to that. They did not agree to ERJFA entry in its current form and probably never will, the EoS are the senior league in the area at tier 6 and 7. It's also debatable whether the LL will agree. We've been over this before yet you still accuse people of deceit, astonishing.

We found a sponsor to pay towards the cost of screening.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

For changes to the set-up of the Pyramid there has to be agreement. For there to be agreement there has to be a plan.

The EoS agree with the West coming in, as well as the North and a Tayside Senior League, nobody objects to that. They did not agree to ERJFA entry in its current form and probably never will, the EoS are the senior league in the area at tier 6 and 7. It's also debatable whether the LL will agree. We've been over this before yet you still accuse people of deceit, astonishing.

We found a sponsor to pay towards the cost of screening.

The deal is done.  When you find out the truth I'll accept your apology. 

Edited by locheeboy

I think Bathgate are the only WL Junior club with lights, they have a great set-up for Licencing, although probably wont trouble the Superleague given they turned down a place for this season.
as per wiki & NLS the three I mentioned plus Bathgate have lights. NLS also has Arbroath Vics, Armadale, Brechin Vics, Coupar Angus, Dundee North End, Livingston United, Rosyth. I dont expect any of them to challenging @ the top of the Superleague anytime soon.

as per wiki & NLS the three I mentioned plus Bathgate have lights. NLS also has Arbroath Vics, Armadale, Brechin Vics, Coupar Angus, Dundee North End, Livingston United, Rosyth. I dont expect any of them to challenging @ the top of the Superleague anytime soon.
Livingston definitely dont have lights, nor do Armadale.

1 hour ago, locheeboy said:

How on earth to you go about getting more interest in Lochee United with such an attitude as that? What incentive is there for more people from Dundee to come along and watch or for local businesses to step up if the attitude is "we're as good as we need to be"? When I first went to Annan with Pollok for a pre-season game in 2004, they had a pavilion as the only structure in the ground (they'd just demolished their old bus shelter cover). Now look at it. Ambition attracts the ambitious.